1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Devs you practically kicked me out of the bay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 14 Feb 2018.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

With this update my setup was not nerfed but killed.
    Here's a pic Screenshot_20180214-082016.png Screenshot_20180214-082009.png
    What started as a way by devs to nerf the speeder dominance in top 50 of nightmare league led to killing of mk5 and below speeders.
    Devs did you think about the mid game speeders before pulling out this drastic update.
    With 20 sec cooldown time on tesla bolt and 14.4 sec on EC my setup is officially screwed.
    How am I suppose to go against enforcers with twin shields as tesla bolt was my only option to put down Thier shield ( which has by the way 10 sec timer)
    Or how is ec even justified being a two slot item now?
    Since it's DPS got hurt by 20+% it has lower projectile speed than blast canon and same range.
    If you wanted to nerf speeder mk6/7 just increase the box size so it's easy to hit thats it or reduce tesla shield time by 1 sec that way you reduce both enfocer and speeder dominance in top 50.
    But by bringing this update you have killed my setup which I spent 6-7 months to upgrade.
    As you can see I have no other weapons other than ex canon as rng always provides me with ex canon.
    Help me!
    @Miika @The Grim Repair
    PS: you just made me from nightmare speeder to ace 2 speeder IMG_20180214_090147.jpg

Last edited: 14 Feb 2018
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I agree on the bolt. I think the nerf was for high level but it's going hurt mid-level more.
    Explosive on the other hand was just rediculous in how much damage it can do even at t4 rare.

Warchin3, Rogue Blueberry and A55A51N like this.
  3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Isn't this always the case or maybe I've been wrong all along.

I think not. If they had then there is a chance that the simple fact comes to mind, nightmare players use multiple boats/weapons and are good with it. Ace and below
    run with only one boat/setup most of the time. (RNGesus please give me epic big torps, like 3 more and blast cannons, like 6 more)

Same here. Speeder mains run Tesla bolt by default and since the frost blaster is still out of game.... Idk use 2 Tesla bolts and hope your team leaves your target alone, at least until you cry 'Help!!!' It shows moral fibre and a fine choice of target.:D

You are supposed to get close, like inside their shield and stuff. It shows skill on a speeders part. Might as well ask that enfo to protect me from his other team mates while I'm trying to bust in and out of the shield trying to kill it. They will help us. Enforcers are meant to protect and speeders are meant to run for their life. :D

As they say, the nail that sticks out gets hammered, so the weapon that sticks out after the frost nerf will be nerfed followed by next (any suggestions?).

Cmon now. This is rude. Nerfs are data based not technicality based. What goes for one is true for the rest. How could you even think of adjustments? This is a nerf not a balancing thing. :D

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  4. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I agree with you, one the one hand I think there was absolutely no necesity to nerf the Tesla bolt, and if there was it was exclusively for nightmare leave people.
    On the other hand the explosive cannon needed a serous nerf, but I don’t think that adding cooldown time will help, they should just lower the damage. By adding reload time they basically screwed speeders and defenders.

_devill likes this.
  5. Crashedup

Devs please reply before this season ends.
    I am losing infamy like crazy and if this continues I would have no choice but to leave battle bay on bitter note.
    Sincerely failsafe

Warchin3 and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
  7. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    All items should be for a utility purpose, not a necessity. With so many people rocking a flare plus a blast or explosive, I feel the game gets borring, I feel that variation is needed and if this tesla bolt nerf achieves this it helps. For me, I dont get why speeders waste their tesla bolts on fixers like me, now this nerf would encourage them to use their stuns accrodingly.

Rogue Blueberry and PastelPiku like this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    The tesla bolt, man. Picking your targets to stun is a crucial decision now more than ever, and that's a good thing. It was a necessary nerf that, quite frankly, has not affected my own speeder gameplay at all.

9. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Yes the nerf is good but I think the problem with this is how there was barely any warning before it was enforced.

10. PastelPiku

Security
    Ultimately, it's their decision to make. Forget the nerf, though, how can we convince/teach players to stop breaking stuns when they still have like 6 seconds left on them? It's no wonder the cooldown feels so long, the stuns are being cut to like 1/8th their duration about half of the time.

11. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    That is why I dont use frost items anymore, someone just breaks it as soon as u put them on.

12. PastelPiku

Security
    Yeah, it's a serious problem for both stun and frost. For frost, @Miku Da Yo 39 and I have proposed an idea where the slow is broken when taking damage, but the damage boost is retained (until broken by a frost boosted attack). I can't think of a solution to the stun break, though. I think it should break, but players don't seem to want to cooperate with it. I seriously doubt they simply don't know, since I still see it happening at 2500 infamy and above.

13. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    It makes me angry when I put stun or frost on, then a shooter changes target just to shoot my target.

14. PastelPiku

Security
    Hahaha I've been on both sides of that coin. As a speeder, I've gotten killed due to stun breaks many times. As a shooter, I've gotten kills due to stun breaks many times. Players are literally throwing the game for their teams by ruining stuns at extremely crucial moments.

Respect the stun! If I see a speeder stun a target that I'm trying to sink, I'll patiently wait for the speeder to make their move, either duck into cover or break the stun themselves, then I'll immediately follow up with my now reloaded weapons.

15. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    As I am a fixer now, I dont use stun so I am not that affected but as a fixer I might break stuns as I cant battle harder opponents. As a fixer one crucial shot can count and I dont trust these torpedo speeders to actually hit who they are aiming for.

16. PastelPiku

Security
    Lol they're definitely gonna miss if you break the stun and allow their target to nitro out of the way. As @P0rthos once said, "If you see an unfriend stunned, do not break it unless you know you can win!"

17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Yet I can nitro after that unfriend and then get another shot in. As I say there is no simple way of playing, in different situations u have to act differently but in some, teammates act really stupidly.

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

To you stop to fix their targets :D

19. Crashedup

@PastelPiku and @Da Carronade King
    Tesla bolt is an integral part of speeder setup and I used it to save myself from defender who come up to face and launch grenade which do 4k damage I used it to save my fixer from a speeder I used it to stun a fixer who healed himself at the rate of 125-150 ticks per sec or stun him so it can stop healing the team.
    And all these decisions of whom to stun whom not to were already answered carefully that is what provides variety to gameplay and helps Ur team win.
    What antisnipe is facing down there is no where as hard as it is up here he can afford to let fixer go unstuned not me his fixer was healing at the rate of 35 heals per tick which is a joke as compared to the one up here and Tesla bolt is the leveling ground for speeder with other ships up here specially with mk5.
    It's not a joke to carry only 3 items which can hurt enemy and out of which two have cooldown of 18 sec and 15 sec what is Ur genius idea about what should I do with my speeder just keep it running all over the map hoping my team does good amount of DMG to win?
    Or how should I kill a fixer healing at the rate of 125-150 ticks per sec or how should I defend myself against shooters with 5 weapons who can two shot me or how should I even penetrate the shields of enforcers with Tesla bolt? Should I politely ask them to lower Thier shields so I can do DMG to them?
    Is antisnipe facing any of the above problem?
    Fyi: my weapons are tier 4 epic but not that great they do 1400 on fire DMG and flare gun does 64 per tick still I held my own in nightmare but since this harsh update I cannot do anything to maintain that and dropping infamy like carzy not because my skills have gkne down simply because I have to wait an eternity to shoot my items while opponent doesn't.
    See the top 50 if Tesla bolt and ex canon wasn't needed that bad the top 50 would be swarming with atleast 22 speeders with both Tesla bolt and ex canon setup not enforcers and shooters.
    PS: I am tired of explaining you guys all this again and again in multiple threads and if you still won't understand it then it's alright but i won't be answering you again on this topic

20. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Use different items, they are not going to unnerf it ok, eventhough I am a fixer I have four weapons to choose from so if one is nerfed I am ok.