1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Demo Mode Requested for weapon and ship tryouts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *JAWS*, 15 Oct 2017.

1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Developers. Requesting a demo mode from the opening welcome to battle bay bots we used as a selectable mode for players to tryout new ships and weapons.

Same arena as current beginner welcome to battle bay level 1 thru 5.

But with a selectable range of difficulties.

1. Easy. same as original intro strength vs mk1 boats.
    2. Medium. Master 3. H.p. and weapons
    Vs mk2 and mk3 boats
    3. Hard. Ace 3. h.p. And weapons
    Vs mk4 and mk5 boats
    4. Extremely hard. Nitemare 4k h.p. And weapons. Vs mk 6 and mk 6 boats

This can be easily accomplished by adding h.p. And weapons strength.

Also this will prevent players from using boats they are completely un.used to on the bay. Ie. Developers less infamy tanking complaints.
    And less player vs player hostility.

I already apologize in advance to community while I learn yellow boats.

With demo.mode I could practice as much as I want without affecting my or others infamy.

Please add demo feature to next update.
    Jaws

2. Prodigy858

Prodigy858 New Member

I second this request... would be really nice to have a place to practice other boats without killing infamy.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This issue could also be fixed by adjusting infamy by ship. Why should it be possible to have 4k infamy on an MK1 ship?

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Envylife. Please re read my suggestion.

1. Easy...is exactly the same as the welcome to battle bay intro when u start the game. With mk1 ships.

5. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

It could even be target practice mode where the other ships don’t shoot back. The ships could just move back and forth front and back and we can work on our aim for specific weapons. This way health will not matter and it would be easy to try out combos you want to level up.

6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Great idea. Call that mode
    5. Target practice

7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

It has been suggested quite a few times, but never happened

8. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I don't think bots good enough to simulate any type of real game, but I still wouldn't mind a training mode

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This idea is always popular, and since the bots already exist, it doesn’t seem like it would need any major development.

I honestly wouldn’t care if had zero bells and/or whistles. Just allow us to make a game, where nothing matters, and fill it with bots (wouldn’t even care if they’re all mk1). So long as there are waves and targets, it would be good enough to at least get a feel for new builds.

There is already space for a button on the ship inventory, next to upgrade and select. It could just say ‘try it’ or ‘test drive’, and when you click, it takes you to the practice game.