1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defenders rebalance???

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jowiee, 4 Aug 2017.

Tags:
?

How to improve mid-mk defenders?

1. Needs 3 guns earlier

2. Needs higher defense

3. Shields needs to having higher defense

4. More blue slots

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    For multi-projectile weapons, that is huge, especially for the defender with its large hp pool. If you are going to promote defense, you should note how rare it is for good perks to drop in general. And you could argue for a higher drop rate.

More importantly, you argued to replace, which is why I responded. You could use perks as an alternative to stealing HP from shields and removing a stat used by many boats for obvious reasons.

Finally, I see a lot more defenders lately higher up. They seem pretty tough to me. The OP is asking for mid-level support.

2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the mid part of the title, sorry my bad

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

It felt like torture waiting to get that 3rd weapon slot in like the mid-20's, I was even losing 1v1's to shooters.

4. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Thank you all for responding with your feedback. I still do impatiently wish defenders get 3 weapons at mk4 instead of mk5. What do you guys think is the best 2 weapon choice?

5. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

The truth is that Defender is supposed to tank but Speeder is the real tank: it has a Dodge rate of about 60-70%, can stun, can run the whole map in seconds allowing it to be healed or to self heal with bandage. The truth is that Speeder is the real Defender. That's all.

6. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I agree. Tanks got the most HP - Def but the load out of a shooter can easily hp-drain it meanwhile speeders are "tanking" more by using speed evasion. I think defenders do need higher base defense to be more of a true tank.

7. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Also, we can't trust Rovio, they don't know anything of multiplayer game, they did stupid bird games till yesterday, how can we expect they notice the leaderboard is filled mostly with Speeders, then every other boat AND A COUPLE OF DEFENDER WITH 200.000$ OF EQUIP? How can we expect they notice that Speeders can rush alone in the enemy team, drop some mines and torpedoes and go back to their team unharmed while a Defender is dead the moment he is ahead of his team, lmao? Plus you can't change to speeder, hell, I collected only Defender equip, it would require like a year to collect decent Speeder equip. I'm considering the idea to request Google full refund for this game, they give it really easily, especially if it's the first time you request ;)

disorder likes this.
  8. disorder

disorder Active Member

anf there is not enough defence evolution for captain (8point bu not sure).

9. KCbars

KCbars New Member

He's right, their purpose is true to a tank class. If you find you need more weapons, you should consider using shorter cooldown weapons to keep yourself busy. If you think it needs more hp, you haven't compared it to the base hp of the others. (accurately?) I think it would be over powered with more hp, since you have the option to evade and use more turbos than anyone else, if you so choose. I'm faster than most shooters with a mk4 aka a floating slab of concrete. Instead of catering to it's strength I prefer to negate it's weakness. With it's solid base stats you can afford to use blue slots in any way you think would benefit your weapon choices and play around your remaining weakness. Mine is turret rotation and you can play around it by rotating ship too... try it out guys this game is flexible with classes!

Joey who likes this.
  10. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

No he swapped over to defender recently

11. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Lol more turbo than anyone else. Lmao. Lol. Sorry can't stop laughing. Ahahahah. Ok.
    Really now.

Lol.

Ok stop.
    Now.

Ok.

Did you ever notice you have a MAX SPEED stat? Did you ever notice that Defender is anyway so slow, big and especially has very low acceleration that no matter how many hp it has, you're dead if you show your face?

Lol.

12. KCbars

KCbars New Member

Lol I see your point however It's an exaggeration as 6 turbos which benefit you by % and not flat rate, would be wasted. Nobody is going near the max speed. Acceleration is awful, this is known, that's why I don't stop moving for the entire game and it won't matter. I'm mk4 surrounded by mk5, and outdoing most shooters in dps every game with 2 weapons, i don't have any glaring weaknesses between build and playstyle and that's how I like it bud. I show plenty of face and survive. Im the diversion for my team and that's what a tank is actually SUPPOSED to do.