1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defenders are so underated

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by FearsomeChicken, 7 Sep 2017.

1. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

My defender at 4K infamy has 8k health. That's why I'm surprised defenders at that level have such high health. I remember being excited to hit 6k health around 3k infamy. Ik there's been threads about it but I guess I moved up quick enough before the changes to what's expected at infamy levels happened. Props to you for making it so high with the weaker gear though lol I do understand that it's easier to climb in a speeder and a fixer. But I just believe it has to do with the role those ships play in a team. Not necessarily inadequacies in the ship. But I do love my defender haha

2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Yep its the legendary or tier 5 epic shields, then brocks skill tree that gets them to monster lvl hp. True props to you getting to 4k infamy with 8k hp im surprised.

Most of it is luck (imo), all ive done is leveled up my gear (will be all teir 4 in a day), but have lost infamy down below 3k and now back up at a a stable 3k (this was not because i was experimenting with other set ups or speeder, just awful loss streaks). Fixer is more dependent on team mates so yeah, if they do good and fixer can heal them (where the skill part comes in), they will rise.

I do think we love our main ships :) I love to hate mine sometimes, but always come back to it haha.

b1zzyone likes this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Charollete douchey :confused:

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Totally agree to this, Rushing defender works at higher levels, with my hp one clever shooter gives me big torp dose(there always a shooter who uses it) and i m done with my half hp. AS a defender, shooters and enforcer myself (i play all looser ships:cool:) i find easiest to hit railgun to hit defender, missiles don't even ask me, defender feel the wrath of missiles so bad because of large ass size and slow speed .But as bunta said i m gonna keep working on my HP and shield. 6400 hp currently is useless on defender and i get destroyed like a fly at 2.7k if a try to rush,so currently using shooter (Left enforcer currently hoping for some buff). Speeder vs defender is worst experience, those damned bananas have fun with defenders like killer whale does before killing the Seal lol :p:p

5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I think defender only shines at high level, mk5+. I used to play defender and it felt OK at the start of the game, but really weak in the mid game, especially at mk4. Once you get a 3rd weapon slot at mk5 and level those shields up to decent tiers, it starts to be powerful again. And true end-game defenders are crazy. Yesterday I played with one who had over 19k HP while also being top DPS and killing all enemies.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Players "in the know" don't use a rudder or gear lube. They load up on Shields, bandages and a maxed out turbo. :)

7. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Because they can tank you do not have to play so carefully as shooters do and i average about 7,000-9,000 damage per round depending on my setup

8. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Gear Lube isn't that bad probably better used for shooter though.

9. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Ikr, for me my mk4 defender always gets top damage in teams filled with mk4 shooters both sides. I use high dps weapons (cannon + blast) and don't simply rush to my death. I don't know why most defenders would choose low dps weapons like mortars / snipers and try to play it like a shooter, lol.

10. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Battle Bay Bullies - Offensive Coordinator
    I hear You @American Marauder but my style of hunting down fixers and shooters I need the agility. No fun for Me just bobbing there like a big blue top. My two maxed epic carronades need to bite a ship in half equally. :D My bandage helps a bit as well so 14000 plus in HP ain't bad.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2017
  11. PeculiarSpace11

PeculiarSpace11 New Member

My pic is retarded, but anyways, i was a defender and always was the MVP , until now I get teamed up with people way more health than me as a speeder, and my defender is always targeted first, so I gave up and did shoote

12. PeculiarSpace11

PeculiarSpace11 New Member

Anyone got tips on good weapons for shooter or defender and how I can increase my health fast? My enemy's are like enforcers or shooters and have epic or rare guns, and their health is like 2,950, and mines like 1,010.... and most of the times my allies who are speeders have 1850 health, I think Something's wrong with my matching...

13. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

You're just starting out. It's just gonna take some time. Just make sure you always have trainings going. And prioritize bhurt and Brock if you want health for those two ships

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i recently switched from shooter to defender, if you think defender is weak at mid game, shooter man shooter is a oneshot at mk5 it is so frustrating...
    i would play shooter because i have a good weapon set that would fit a shooter's loadout but, 4k hp at mk5? u get matched up against speeders or even fixers that have twice as much as those hp and way more ability to reposition... shooter needs a rework... meanwhile i am sticking to my mk5 def which sits at 3.8k not (yea even if tesla speeders are the meta but fuck that even if i whitnessed yesterday NorthernEAS lose a 1v1 vs Peelah, which imo is absolutely ridicolous cause it only takes shoot shoot tesla wait cds repeat to win any 1v1)

15. FearsomeChicken

Glad you changed to defender :). Unlike what many others think, defenders are not weak mid game at all. I've been maining my defender since mk1 until now mk4, and even now I'm still trashing shooters left and right and constantly no.1 in damage ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

That's because you're not actually at the mid-game, but sit in low infamy so you can wreck people far weaker than you. Honestly, doing it is already bad enough, bragging about it is a really low thing to do.

17. FearsomeChicken

Honestly we've already discussed this in our slackchat, I'm an mk4 fighting against other mk4s with similar captain level and equips.

18. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

There's a couple mk5 shooters up around 4300 I think. Pretty sure it's impossible to hit that high with an mk5 defender.
    But I am trying my best :(

19. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

wtfffffffffffff i wont believe it even if i see it

20. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

IMG_0491.PNG
    this is the highest mk5 shooter Ik of. Zusay is the highest mk5 speeder Ik of at 4500 And then it's either I or Nasher as highest mk5 defender Ik of just below 4100. Idt I've seen an mk5 enforcer hit 4K. *Edit* I have now seen vincivgerra(sp?) as an mk5 enforcer at 4200.* And I think Flynndawg or cpt flint is the highest mk5 fixer and they're right around 4300 as well usually.

Last edited: 22 Sep 2017