1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

defender needs a buff?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by HairySpeeder, 5 Mar 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders need a defense/HP buff to live up to its name.
    Enforcers need to be black to live up to its name.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

3. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

4. What's Up Player

Yes, because those players spent lots of money and have an actual skill to play, so you can put them on whatever boat and they'll be still there.

And anyways, top 50 isn't whole player base. Just look lower and you'll see that ⅓ of the players are Shooters. No Enforcers. But shooters.

5. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Currently, my match ups and ACE1 league, almost about 30-40% are enforcers. Before Enfo buff, it was like 5%.

6. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

you know that those top 50 players usually play the boat that is most succesful for them? weird how many famous defender players dont play defender anymore. because it got really weak in this meta. and enforcer got pretty good... Actually.i dont know why so many people like the wrong replies here. like what jowiee said is.. dont want to sound rude but.. its bullshit.

before it were almost all speeders and some shooters in top 50 then it was defenders shooters speeder, now its enforcer shooter. thats no coincidence, thats the way rovio changed the game. not what the players like most.. but if u know better go ahead.. im out here now, cant believe some players actually think defender is good how it is right now

*JAWS*, SlayerofSergeants and Jowiee like this.
  7. What's Up Player

Don't get me wrong I think Defender needs a small buff.

But you all guys need to realise the fact why they are choosing Enforcer. As you said most of them played speeder before, but speeder got basically destroyed in the last 2 updates, so people are switching to different ships.
    Speeders are switching to Enforcer. That's why top players play Enforcer now, because it's the ship very alike to Speeder, so the change is not that drastic.
    And the same analogy with Defenders switching to Shooters.

YerJokinArnYer and LimeOnMars like this.
  8. What's Up Player

What Enfo buff are you talking about?

9. Zygothrica

Zygothrica New Member

Reduce the usage of tesla shield on 1 per ship can maybe solve the problem as well....
    90% of all defenders have double ex canon before last 2 patches....
    1st nerf with 25% aoe damage reduce and the highlight with last patch 2,2 sec more cooldown and -3 range is so ridiculous annoying and exaggerated :oops:
    you can absolutly doing nothing with a defender against this laming gamestyle.... shiel shield bolt yawn shield shiel shield yawn
    defender need no love but the tesla shield need a nerf ... 4 sec stun is nothing, increase the cooldown or reduce it to 1 shield per ship
    Thanks

Jowiee likes this.
  10. swrde

swrde New Member

I wish that Defense points were reworked to provide % damage reduction instead of flat.

That would give Defenders a REAL identity and worth as a tank. Right now they get torn up after a few seconds of focused fire, which makes them useless at their intended role.
    Obviously the Defense Point values in game would need to be reworked for balance, and classes would need to have a cap on the % of damage they can reduce.

Would maybe transform this game from the 'Damage Bay' that it is to a game that requires tactics to overcome certain mechanics that the enemy team uses. i.e. 'I have to set that Defender on fire to buff everyone's cannon damage vs it, and then my team has to use that window to do the damage.'
    OR
    'My team needs to utilize its speed advantage to keep that Defender away from the action.'

This also gives Rovio room to build more items to suit the new mechanic in the future (maybe a blue item that boosts defense points when you are below 50% HP).

*JAWS*, TheAntiSnipe and Jowiee like this.
  11. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Yes
    NO. Certain ships have a distinct advantage over others. Several of the top 50 and top 100 players are coming out and saying they simply can't compete in a Defender. Money/skill makes no difference here. The ship is gimp.

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

It is fact. Ship is wrecked.

The great defender players all switch to shooter and enforcer. Why. Easier ships who didnt get affected by nerfs. And who mostly got buffs. Enforcer.
    And all items that used to attack enforcer tesla Shield got nerfed.
    Tesla bolt. And ex cannon. Both nerfed.

Obviously top players aint stupid.

They will go where it is easier.

Defender isnt easy. Not close.
    Its the hardest ship in the bay to go above 5k.
    Defender only is gimped.

Only 2 players above 5k for league. I am one of them.

We are at a class disadvantage to other 3 slot weapon boats. Cough enforcer. And lose many engagements to enforcers. Why would I say this. Its not because 5.5k enforcer players played better than me. Truthfully no. These same players couldnt break 5k until the last 2 updates buffing enforcer attributes. And nerfing tesla bolt and nerfing ex cannon. Now their infamy skyrockets. And Defenders infamy has plummeted.

The boat currently needs a major attribute buff. I wont debate which kind of buffs. Made too many previous forum suggestions. But know the best player in almost every category of boat other than defender has responded in previous forums. And they all say Buff defender.

Its not debatable anymore. The bay has spoken. Meta has spoken. Underused ship. Easy to kill by yellow boats and shooters alike. What defender is now is a damage sponge so people can earn legendary weapons.

Its action time for our development team to fix ol big blue. :)

@Zeus @Miika @The Grim Repair

Last edited: 7 Mar 2018
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hear, hear! Well said.
    However, I have to say this, please don't nerf enforcers, least of all mk5 enforcer. Not to YOU, per se. To everyone else.

14. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

The most recent one that boosted the stats and the sequence of nerfing other ship's items.

*JAWS* likes this.