1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defender MK2 Setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Chad Iyet, 19 May 2017.

?

At around 500 infamy range, which 2 ships do you see the most?

1. Shooter

2. Speeder

3. Enforcer

4. Defender

5. Fixer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chad Iyet

Chad Iyet New Member

I am currently at 500 infamy with Defender MK2 and am rocking Rare Level 10 Cannon, Uncommon Level 20 Standard Mortar, Uncommon Level 10 Bandage, Uncommon Level 10 Big Shield.
    It seems to me like every other match I lose, either because a teammate is AFK or they simply divulge from the rest of the team and get destroyed 5v1.
    How can I increase my chances of winning, even if my team sucks? Should I change the items I'm rocking for Defender, or should I change my tactics, or what?
    I know some people like using Fire Bomb + Flare Gun combo on Defender MK3, but the problem is I don't have that many weapon slots as MK2
    I also have 2 Rare Rudders which I can get up to Level 20 if I wanted to, but I'm not sure if Rudder is actually a good idea for a Defender
    I really want to advance to at least 700 as a level 13 as an average player.
    Plz lol Helppp,

2. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I think you should use Missile Launcher, Triple Torpedo or Fire Bomb as your secondary on Defender instead of Mortar. Mortars are best on Shooter. I personally suck with Mortars so I just use Cannon. Right now though, I'm waiting to get a duplicate Cannon and use that on my Defender.

3. Chad Iyet

Chad Iyet New Member

Ok thx! But why missile launcher or tritorp? I thought those have bad accuracy..?

4. kaseybsells

kaseybsells New Member

missle launcher doesn't have bad acc

5. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I use Missile Launcher. :p It doesn't have bad accuracy. Also, I'll take that thing about tritorp back. But I'd recommend using either Fire Bomb or Missile Launcher.

6. flyingdoucheman

flyingdoucheman Magical Banner Wizard

Battle Bay Bullies - Offensive Coordinator
    As a defender wanna bee Beast I use cannon, carronade and take as many shooters up close and personal. This means you need turbo, lube for turrets and rudder perk for steering. It's a blast, lol tap my pic , my # number is there & friend me.

7. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    What a coincidence that am almost in the same fate.
    I use mk2 defender, lvl 13 too been a week of play, and yes that with rare cannon tier II uncommon sniper uncommon bandage and big shield all maxed at their tiers (10,20,10,10). Its working fine for me stuck between 600-700 infamy mostly due to team mates and match making of mk3s heck even striker mk4s with mk1s in my group sometimes. I also use striker mk2, and prefer the two cannons with my rare swift torpedo or rare mortar. (Tier maxed each)

8. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I got over 1000 infamy using an mk2 defender. Used a rare cannon, rare standard mortar, rare standard shield, and uncommon big shield. All were tier one level ten

9. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    well i recently got a rare railgun so am switching to striker again for 4 slots. Rare cannon sniper and railgun. Health is low no doubt but the added firepower helps if your team has good fixers and defenders. If all are strikers then they must attack single targets together otherwise its in a loss dip.