1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Deal with floaters...for goodness sake :/

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potchi, 8 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. Potchi

Potchi Member

How many matches do people have to lose for devs to listen?
    there are numerous way to to deal with afk players...you just have to pick one...
    1.) ban/cooldown - harsh but cooldowns will make afk players think twice before they afk
    2.) auto control - if u afk, the computer will control your player until u move again,seriously, mobile legends and rumble league can do this..why cant u
    3.) kick timer- if ur afk for certain# of secs, game kicks you and replaces you wtih bot... csgo has this

This has been going on for a long time, when will u fix this? In ten years?

craz¥burd likes this.
  2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    I see a few problems with the “solutions” you provide
    1. What if your internet sucks?
    2.You do realize the AI sucks, right?
    3. Same as 2

3. Potchi

Potchi Member

1.) so other people will lose because ur internet sucks, dont seem fair to me
    2.) sure ai sucks, its better than an afk player tho
    3.) same as 2

Fluid Bait likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It is possible to detect if it is due to network issues, in which case it would be reasonable to adjust infamy on both gain/loss sides for the loss of a boat.
    For example instead of +23/-23 how about +28/-18 to adjust for the lopsided teams?

Someone, craz¥burd and Snapshot like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If they have network issue they shouldn't be playing in the first place.

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I don't think you can reliably tell if it's network issues or not. I can go into details if you'd like.

Still though, your idea has merit. If for whatever reasons one team had a floater and still won then maybe a small boost to their proceeds (I'd do infamy, along with stars/gold/sugar/pearls). Conversely, if one team has a floater and loses then maybe mitigate the loss to some extent.

I like it.

7. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Sometimes lag kicks in mid game, but I agree what rewards or deductions could be fairer if you do have an AFK on your team...tbf I don’t see much of it in 3k+ thank RNGesus!

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I've noticed this also. Once I went over 1500 floaters became much more rare. Below 1500 it was the dominant factor in an awful lot of matches (if not most).

*** edited to add for lower infamy folks ***
    So far, at least, above around 1.5k floaters are so rare that it's easy to chalk them up to network issues, dropped phones, knocks on the door, etc. The vast majority of matches start out with all 10 boats in play. The most I see is some folks grabbing a beer or whatnot and they start 15-30 seconds late and even that isn't all that common.

This is a significant part of why I say that match making is so much more sane above 1500. It isn't just the relative matchups. It's also what goes on within the matches.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2018
    craz¥burd likes this.