1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead boat again

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KATZ, 15 Mar 2018.

1. KATZ

KATZ New Member

I posted on my sight two so far. Boat just quits working long enough to get me killed. Maybe you could give me the address again and hopefully my son can get the replay where it needs to be. Not fair at all. I've spent a penny or two and that's not a way to get more. I don't mind spending a penny or two but something has to give here. Getting what I need is impossible. Over half a million pieces of gold and I can't even up grade my favorite weapons.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What does this even mean? And I want to know what purchases you were able to make with a penny or two. Is that like 1 sugar?

ThatOnion likes this.
  3. KATZ

KATZ New Member

Well if you could even buy a speck of sugar that would be kinda stupid. How much money I've spent is not your concern. No disrespect intended. I've spent enough to be concerned enough to complain. My boat quits working when no one playing is equipped with Tesla bolt but if you watch the replay the action keeps going without even a flicker. I would think a 100 megs is fast enough to handle this game.

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

If you think there is a bug, then post the replay of it and report it to the devs. Nobody is purposefully making your "boat just quit working". I've played 4400+ games and my boat has never "just quit working." That simply doesn't happen.

Also, if "how much money you've spent is not my concern", then why in the world did you have to bring it up in a post about a bug that you are supposedly experiencing?

Miathan, The Otherguy and ThatOnion like this.
  5. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Are you referring to switching between weapons, not activating correctly? I have this issue as well, more often than I like. To switch weapons, when I realize it's going to be one of those games... let off the throttle just long enough to tap the next weapon, then resume. Generally, if I notice this issue in a game, it last the entire duration. The next game may be the same, or not. I have no issue firing weapons, just seems to be an issue when selecting one that isn't on cool down.

6. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Yes, yellow slot items not activating properly are an issue I have all the time. I also seem to be able to reproduce it at least once per game if I try. When your yellow item (Whether it be Tesla Shield or Overboost (those are the ones where I consistently have the problem; duration items.)) is nearing the end of its cool down and you try to activate *just* when it appears ready, sometimes the cool down timer with restart without giving you the duration.

This has gotten me killed (or forced me to take insane damage) on a number of occasions. If I remember to save the video, I'll post them. Maybe I won't though... game crashes me whenever I try to save the replay for whatever reason.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't think this is what the OP was talking about. I had a game today where I activated my Tesla Shield and it didn't even pop up. I was so confused. But I think the OP is talking about his entire boat not working... not sure how exactly since he hasn't really given any details and didn't provide a video.

8. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Yikes, I've never thought about the issues this could cause with yellow items. Id have reported to devs way sooner. But we already know the reply lol

9. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Hm, you may be right.
    Just in case though: Edited to add: https://replay.battlebay.net/DKGXCSNH#TXWSPKNY
    In this video, look at the Enforcer while he is flanking the Fixer, I tried to use Overboost TWICE and both times cool down reset without giving me the boost I needed. This resulted in my DOOM!

It's also interesting to note that the replay doesn't even show that I hit Overboost during that time at all (and given the situation, it would be crazy not to try). Clearly, the server thinks I'm a dirty liar.

Valkhadin likes this.
  10. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

I agree I hate it for you yellow boaters that have this issue. As a defender I can work through it, described in my prior post. When you need that yellow it's critical. Though for me to have to release throttle to switch weapons is also devastating as a defender...

11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

OK, some wild speculation here. I've also noticed semi-random control problems. I've been trying to understand what's going on and my current [weak] best guess is that I'm palming the touch screen with one of palms and messing with the touch interface. I've been consciously trying to keep my palms pressed to the side of my iPad and so far it MAY have improved things.

Anyway, any chance that's what is going on here?

Valkhadin likes this.
  12. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Not at all bro, we've all only noticed these issues in the prior month, right? I started at global launch and only recently begin experiencing this issue.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I sometimes play under lag, and what you're describing happens when there is no actual lag "warning"(the yellow/red warning symbol) but the packets being sent to the server are low enough to be game-breaking.

I have 6000+ battles played, and sometimes, when I trigger overboost, or throw up a tesla shield, it simply doesn't happen, server-side. But on my side, it shows that the item has been triggered(global cooldown occurs) but the OB does not leave a trail, and tesshield does not show the dome.

Is this what you're experiencing? If so, it is no more than a network issue that happens when there is a lot of network traffic.

14. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

As far as my experience, no that's not what's happening. I've never had the issue of my item not executing, like the other posts. My issue is when I select a weapon it doesn't initiate. When I release throttle I am then able to select another weapon. It's only become an issue recently as stated

15. TheAntiSnipe

What's your device? And how many touches does it allow? What network do you play on? And is it possible that you accidentally touch the screen at multiple places?

Valkhadin likes this.
  16. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

After nearly a year of game play, I don't think these to be viable issues, but... my device is Samsung s8, I only play this game on 4g for the best experience, and it would be weird that I have only started using a different grip in the past month, roughly.

I do appreciate your input bro! Much respect! You do great helping people in forums!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

I think you should be playing without the grip if possible... Those things CAN sometimes affect touches. S8 is great at distinguishing touches, tho. Can you upload a first person replay?

And thanks for the compliments! I do what I can:)

Oh, and I advise you to go to dev options and select "Show visual feedback for touches" just to check.

18. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

I've got an I pad shipping in Friday, I will try and record the issue in first person. I know it's next to impossible to show this issue in standard replay. If any yellow item battlers experience this I feel extremely bad for them. It confused me at first but I began to look at it as a new challenge Lol! Thanks snipe!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I have a similar bug, but instead of the boat, th Joysticks are sometimes screwy.

20. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

What is actually your complain?