1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Shop System, does it suck?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 26 Apr 2017.

?

What do you think of the Current Shop / Item System?

1. Needs work.

93.0%
  2. Good.

7.0%
  1. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

If only there was some way that you could still hoard upgrade materials.. oh wait. I'm doing it right now and it doesn't take up any space.
    Beats filling my inventory with stuff I don't really want if you ask me.
    Gold was always capped.

Miika says it's cheaper on the gold to upgrade items and I'm inclined to take his word for it. He's the one with the numbers, even if the materials do seem really expensive to me.

A mid level T3 isn't maxed is it?

Just because some managed to skip an evo doesn't mean that it's harder for new players to build epics, and it's not. It just means that they caught a lucky break.
    Early bird's worms.

I'm building epics more easily than I did before. That fact is actually a fact, unlike many of yours.

We used to get a random epic in the shop once a month, if you were lucky it was one you wanted. If not, I'd buy it anyway.
    The monthly epic box was random too.
    I'm getting more than two epics a month now, sometimes more than double that.
    More epics, more chance of duplicates.
    Super simple stuff.

I'm not saying that the shop is perfect, and I don't think that it is.
    I do however think that the development team are less likely to pay attention when the good suggestions in this thread are buried under pages of repetition and whining.

My ducks are lovely.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  2. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Well I'm stuck at T3 epics, and I think it will be way more than half a year to even get to T4. There is almost no chance to get 3 more of the same two weapons i need. And i'm not willing to invest $1500 USD either for a fat chance, because with my luck i will get rudders and shields!
    Your RNG system sucks!

Jammo likes this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yep, you're one of the early birds from the sounds of it.

As stated before by P0rthos. Seems like it's the sweet spot for you Level 40+ at the time of the update. Great that you guys have it easier while most of us below get the stick end of things not being early enough.

So instead we get random Epic once a week, problem is, we don't know what that is and we NEED to buy it. I'm not understanding why this is hard to perceive as more difficult to you? Perhaps you nightmare players are overflowing in gold and other resources that you don't realize that it's actually UNTRUE for the rest of the playing field under you. I now know why the tunnel vision is true for Nightmarers.

LMAO @Stelmo All you nightmare players call us whiners and repeating ourselves. Don't you think we at least have a point? I've made some lovely suggestions too btw.
    My cats are hungry too.

Jammo and Helius Maximus like this.
  4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Well, previously you needed 4 weapons to make any upgrade. Now you only need 1. No matter how long the time will be, 4 is still a lot less than 1. Which was the point why the upgrade path was made more granular.

5. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Yep, it takes sometimes ridiculously long time to get a duplicate (I still need epic flare gun for evo and I have waited 4 months for that (yes, I didn't get evo skip on v2 update to it)). Can't find any duplicates to weapons I USE. Only rubbish like gear lube and ballpark (from epic container which I bought with little invest but not gonna do that again until the system is changed somehow more guided like pick 1 out of 3 after combining)

Rock'N'Rolla likes this.
  6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've just hit level 34, and I'm always short on gold man, just like everybody else is.
    I'm a bit jealous of the big boys gear, just like everybody else.

I'm jealous of my sweetheart's T3 missiles too though, and she didn't start until after the big update.
    Her T2 sniper would also be pretty helpful.

My grenade did get a little boost from T2, but I'm not terribly sorry about that..

I'm not in nightmare league yet, but getting pretty close now. Close enough to get completely destroyed anyway;)
    I've played a few good ones with you actually, I like seeing you on my team.

Like I said, there are some strong, valid points in this thread, but they're not very easy to find amidst the entitled whinge.

I completely agree.
    I'd love to have epics back in the shop, even if it is just once a month. One more epic a month, especially one I can see before I buy it, would make me very happy.

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Hmm, okay, because you sounded like you were content with the current system. Your start time probably doesn't exceed mine. (i have played almost 5K games).
    I'm probably not nearly as lucky as you at getting the right combination of items. I'm now looking for a duplicate Tesla Bolt or Tesla Shields, and they are T2 and T1 respectively, and RARE to boot. Not even Epic. So getting to Nightmare is going to take awhile, especially for a speeder, which seems to really need high level items (Boost, turbo, Shields and Weapons). I'm also stuck on this Speeder path even though I have considered building a Fixer many times, but my items are even worst than for the speeder, and there's no way to win games with the Fixer at the infamy level I'm stuck at. It's an endless grind, and looking at all the colored parts not getting to 10/10 is pretty frustrating when you finally get one to 10, and you get a ballpark motor, a grease, rudder or dupe of something you already scrapped.

There's some whining here, but it's definitely not excessive and most commenting have been quite civil. Look past the whining. I'm not even whining senselessly, and i'm grinding my teeth trying to stay patient with the game. I'm also for a good debatable topic or argument, but when people speak in absolutes and saying it's easier without proper context and without understanding all levels from Level 1-40 throughout, it's hard to take those statements very seriously.

Last edited: 26 May 2017
    Jammo and dikshift like this.
  8. Helius Maximus

PM
    Yes, but it was way easier to get those 4 than now it is to obtain just 1. And i was able to choose if i wanted to spend the gold if the item suited me, now if i do spend it is more likely to go to waste. In any case, i lost hope to get more of the same epics, so I'm focused on uncommons and rares, those have more probability to move up to T5 and some how be more competitive. So far it has worked out, i was able to move from 2.5 to 3.2 k of infamy. But that is not going to last, Nightmare league are filled up with epics and legendaries, and I know my progress will stop again too soon. The solution is to have a way to be less random and more focus on items you already have.

KilleWh4le likes this.
  9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Far from it man, just bored of hearing about how the shop/progression was better before the big update.
    It just wasn't.
    That said, there's plenty more room for improvement.

At the moment the only epic item I have equipped is my T4 grenade, but I'm actually building a few others on the dock.
    That seemed impossible a few months ago.

I'll be happy when I can see Toddthy coming and do something other than run and hide, as flattering as it is having Blacktail's fixer running after me trying to mend my battered bones;)
    I prefer a more aggressive style of play, pretty tricky when I'm dead in 2 hits.

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well it was better, but not much. And that's what we're talking about, it wasn't great with the original system, if we look a linear path of going from A>B even though the old system took you to B eventually it took a LONG time but at least it didn't bring you through endless amounts of roundabouts and random places and taking more tokens along the way. That is the new system, which seems like it at least brings you somewhere rather than your destination even though it's random, it's some other place rather than where you were. However, you're wasting time and resources while doing that, whereas the previous system, you're simply waiting for the ride to come.
    Perhaps you were slightly luck with your T4 grenade Epic?, what about your other items because you need more than just one high level item... I have yet to find 3 of the same Epics and I had several singular epics before the update.

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

2017-05-25 14.06.42.png
    These are my guys as they stand.
    I'm just stacking resources right now until I know which one to build first.
    I have T4 sniper, blast cannon, bandage, turbo and overboost and T3 tesla shield on my enforcer. All rare.

12. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous how this game actually holds you back from getting weapons & receiving a lot of needed parts for upgrades, but especially very limited power cores come our way or we end up getting one's not needed, so you end up with an abundance of parts that are unuseable, but it's all the luck of the draw to get something that's useful to you. There is no guarantee on the item you want or need, as the odds won't usually be in your favour which to me doesn't make sense. If you scrap all your items, how are you going to battle as it won't let you enter a battle with no items ? I don't believe there is a safe mode inplace so you don't scrap all your items.

13. Helius Maximus

PM
    I just got the duplicate i needed to evolve it to next tier!!!
    Screenshot_20170527-214853.png
    That was in the weekly chest reward... of my alternate level 20 account :(
    Tough luck, damn you RNG system!

14. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I never experienced the old system. I started right at the 2.0? patch to update the new system. I'm currently level 25 in AceIII and hardcore farm all my start chests and gold. After being a bit skeptical I think rares are in a good place. I get a wide variety of them and maybe even >10 a week from all sources so I see no trouble eventually being able to grind them to t5 if needed. My biggest problem is rare parts. Every shop refresh I see only 20-60 for sale it seems like:( I have to be better at staying focused and leveling only a few at a time rather than hording all the dupes I get.

Epics are a different story, I have about 15 now total. A couple dupes. I seem to be getting maybe 2 epics a week from all sources at the current rate. Epic parts are too expensive to buy in the shop right now with my need to spend gold elsewhere such as rare parts which I would need to level the epics anyway. Not sure how much this would change if I was lvl 40+.

One thing I do like about the RNG system is the wide variety of gear it forces. You don't see many cookie cutter templates because everyone has different luck on different items.I'm not sure I would want to change that. I wonder if they changed the restriction to buy as many epics from the shop as you want until you have t3 of the epic item. This way you could grind t3 epics which are competitive with all but nightmare really. Only have to rely on RNG for the last bits of power.

TheRedSpeeder, D3X and Mr squiqqle like this.
  15. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I started with the global update, I'm level 19 and got 1 epic so far. I haven't got many rares either, probably less then 10. I open all my weekly chests and 3-4 free/star chests everyday.

I can't elaborate much on the current system, but my feeling as a newbie is that hard work is not getting me anywhere. With the randomness of the current system I don't think dollars would get me much further either (unless it was LOTS of dollars). I think it should be slightly more newbie friendly, maybe giving people the opportunity of buying their rares of choice, so that new players can build competitively.

lolawola, Jammo and D3X like this.
  16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Wow. Finally got 2/10 Legendary piece from scrapping a rare Duct Tape. :eek:
    [​IMG]

lolawola and Mr squiqqle like this.
  17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Bump for the new players.
    This is one of the most constructive threads on this forum.

So I'm fast approaching 6k games now ;-) am I further along progress? A bit, but weapon wise:

My current setup for my speeder is:
    T4 Rare Cannon
    T4 Rare Sniper Cannon
    T3 Rare Tesla Bolt
    T1 Epic Nitro
    T4 Rare Overboost
    T4 Rare Bandage
    T1 Epic Turbo

I haven't progressed awfully a lot compared to when this thread started as a pay2progress player (I pay moderately; VIP & Pearl Diver, spend about $30 a month on bundles). I do have a stash of weapons I want to use and wish I got more duplicates and more resources to level them, but it's been a total grind because the shop system requires me to buy everything with all my gold. I literally have less than 100k gold day in and day out.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2017
    lolawola likes this.
  18. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Compared to similar games I played, this one misses fortnightly events that give fixed priced to all participants to achieve a certain performance. Like 60 stars = rare cannon, 100 = epic cannon, just to give an idea.

19. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i think the gold n sugar reward per match is awfully little to upgrade your gear in a way that you feel like you actually moving forward. unless you have no life and play this all day, it feels impossible to progress for new players and casuals.

not to mention the random pick after collecting all 10 item pieces with sweat and blood.

20. Helius Maximus

PM
    That was actually in place before global release, i think they took it away bacause it was more profitable not to give 50 stars premium crates and instead spend actual money to buy pearls.