1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Shop System, does it suck?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 26 Apr 2017.

?

What do you think of the Current Shop / Item System?

1. Needs work.

93.0%
  2. Good.

7.0%
  1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Sorry about that, cleaned up thread.

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

This seems to have been lost in some sort of squabble, so just reposting.
    Who knows, it might even stop a bit of the relentless complaining?

3. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

@Zeus, just in case you didn't understand what Stelmo said (seen from your response), I think that he meant to have a chance (maybe a small chance) of complete items (common, uncommon, rare and epic) to drop in the original item shipment for us to purchase with gold.

Stelmo likes this.
  4. Ar I Am

Ar I Am New Member

Battle Bay Battler
    I'll never be able to compete with you. I had to resort to levelling up uncommon weapons because the rares and epics are so few and far between. I play with you high lvl guys and all I see is t5 epic weapons that I have never been awarded. My maxed out uncommon weapons barely hurt you and one shot from you kills me. Even something like shorter cool down for uncommon weapons would help me and other up and coming players.

I play the same amount of time as you each day. I have no problem getting 70 stars just to use on boxes of weapons I only scrap. Yes I do get rare weapons but because of the parts needed I have to focus on making one ship strong in order to compete, and I never seem to get what I need. So I scrap them because I need parts or try to hold at least 5 or so for the future. Epic weapons?? Do they even exist anymore???

Is it possible to progress? Of course! But now that I'm in Ace league I play with you top players more often so it would be nice to have a bit of certainty behind buying boxes, etc., so weapon wise I can hold my own and not seem like the weakest link.

The game is enjoyable, and even though I take a beating I know that it's not only your weapons that do damage but skill in using them. The guys that actually get to your level are actually good players and the matches are fun to watch.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I've come to the same conclusion. The gap between the top and us will NEVER close, and I have accepted that. However, what I can't accept is that the gap is widening, because of the ability to gain stars, resources greater than us (Nightmare league payout and Bonus), the leaders at the top will continue to run away and that leads to them getting legendaries and maxed Epic items, even if it's painfully slow, they have a tremendous and comfortable lead over the rest of the pack.

I've been able to progress since my original post with scrapping and finding another Rare cannon, but I have yet to find anything else since then. My Crew and my ship levels are increasing, but without meaningful weapons, they are indeed my weakest link. What use is an MK5 or MK6 when your best is a T4 Rare?

As for skill, there's no denying that. For that level, the amount of play time you "acquire" those skills through play and as the difficulty goes up, a different play style. I've seen it, and it's not something I don't understand. What I do know is that weapons & items play a big part to be able to survive and deal damage. Without them, you can't really do much despite whatever skills you have. Nightmare players won't admit it, but strip them of all their Epics and Legendaries, and give them T3 or T4 uncommon and rares and see how well they do instead! They'll win for sure, but likely won't be as effective, much more challenging, and of course wont have the current infamy that they have now. There's a limit on where skill can take you, and unless players can read minds of others, you can't evade or predict where players are going or what they are going to do. So skill can only go so far.

Last edited: 10 May 2017
  6. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

It is the sad truth. I don't spend much on games, so I know I'm in for some big grind time, which I'm ok with....provided I can see a return on investment. Which currently I have a hard time seeing. Maybe if we could purchase ONE of any item in shop (regardless if you already have one) at least you'd have something on the horizon to work towards. I get not being able to purchase multiple identical items, it'd be out right pay to win at that point, but at least let us get one pair. I recently got an epic explosive, so now I can't purchase it from the shop. Who knows when I'll gain a 2nd. At least if I could purchase 1, I can feel like I'm working towards something.

Rusty Scupper, Jammo and D3X like this.
  7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Btw, I can't help but to lurk on the other popular thread on here. Pearl User...
    I think the price for a Legendary item (1500 USD) is quite ridiculous, that's some record pricing because that's just one item out of how many? If you spent $1500 USD on another popular mobile game (Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, Game of War) you'll get more than just one endgame item (lol what about T2?). What if Pearl User doesn't like the Legendary Big Torpedo?
    I understand she got some other epics and rares in the process of purchasing all the Epic crates, but over one measely legendary. That's some crazy money sink and further proves my point that the current Shop system is too expensive, with little return especially for the F2P.

I understand that Rovio wants to cash out on this game based on the Long time soft launch/ beta phase, however, I think the pricing for these items are making everything out of reach for people that are starting now. It needs to be scaled back, or more rare/epics being dropped more often to keep players interested and content, or else we'll see a massive drop rate among the new players.

Last edited: 10 May 2017
    Jammo and Helius Maximus like this.
  8. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

O. M. F. G. REALLY!?! I was just talking about using pearls and in game gold. But that...gonna go read that thread...

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  9. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Lol, yea is a lot. Just focus on rares first. Then epics. Legendary items are only for the fancy pants and a t3 epic is as good as a t1 legendary. If somebody wants to spend even more to get a t2 or higher epic... I say let them. It will keep the lights on in the battlebay server room so we can play a little more.

Plus... I like sinking them. :D

10. Finger-Bang007

Finger-Bang007 Member

To make it short. I miss the old version. Sooooo MUCH! Can not believe that im saying this. I may quit battle bay.

11. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    You are just an abusive bully, we are stuck at T3 weapons, you know it and you exploit that. Yep, maybe i don't play well, but maybe is that I know I can only land 350 damage hits when you do 2000. So, I agree with D3X the gap is just gettin wider. I still haven't got my extra epic cannon, so i started building uncommon and rares, but again at some point it will be useless against your T5 epics and legendaries. I really don't see where is your fun when you know you can take us down with a couple of shots, there is no challenge there...

12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I'm (almost) fine with the item system now, but sometimes I really wish there was more epic perks in the shop :D now I almost never see them anymore.

TheRedSpeeder and Mr squiqqle like this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I agree with this. There are none, I haven't seen a single one since the update. Maybe it's only available for Nightmare level players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I was in same situation as you before today (I'm in ace 2) and found my first epic perk since the v2 update. Anyway it was only that 1,5% to all weapons so I didn't even try to get it (Didn't have time anyway) so I missed it but like I said, it was 1st epic perk since update I've see and the update is now way over month old so I'd say that those epic perks are way too far and between.

D3X and Sifa like this.
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I'm honestly getting bored of the game already. Its day in and day out the same exact thing, and the maps and the game gets repetitive at the fact that i can't use anything else except my best, and my best weapons are not getting better. So despite whatever people say about skills, sure, take it all you will but without progress and staring at players far beyond you and handing you over on a silver platter gets frustrating, and eventually, boring.

Rovio is trying to get me to buy into the game, and i've spent more in other games. However if i don't see a good return in investment of getting better items by spending, my wallet won't open any wider. Definitely no to $1500usd wide for getting one endgame worthy item.

And even with money, what to do about Epic Perks? Refresh 100s of times? That's absurd.

Last edited: 12 May 2017
  16. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Not sure about epic perks.
    For me (lvl40, ~3500 infamy), epic perks do appear, though very rarely. According to my estimation, they appear around once every 50 shipments. I think that the slot spaces of the shop has been decreased (it was 12 last update, right?), and now we have 8, so chances of epic perks should be decreased indirectly (if I'm correct). To solve the perk problem (and possibly the part problem), I would suggest to increase slots back to 12 so the chance of epic perks appearing would increase.

Stelmo and Mr squiqqle like this.
  17. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I'm with you mate and this really is getting frustrating when no progress is made even playing 6hrs a day. Parts are way too expensive when looking for income of the day (lets say 6hrs=> 6x12 games=> 72x20k gold (average on losts and wins) => so this does make 1,44m gold. The average cost of t3 epic weapon to level up (only rare and epic parts counted) is around 1,6-2,0m gold per levelling if you buy only (most profitable sets I've seen) 400 rare and 25 epic part sets (you need 2x400=800k and 3x335=1m. So only if you're lucky enough you get all daily quests as gold (3x120k=360k) and you barely get a level up material.

And we must not forget that we need to buy rare/epic item pieces and perks from shop so this make things even harder. Never mentioning about ship upgrades after these. Answer: Simple... We need more gold or cheaper parts and pieces because if you're not consuming hundreds/thousands you won't be able to buy gold to buy parts.

I do buy some pearls but I more likely buy epic containeer than gold because I then get a chance to get needed epic item for evolving (which is also costing gold and is lowering our progressing speed). I don't really have time to play more than 4-6 hrs which is probably already over my limit. After all this is a mobile game so less playing should be enough too.

And as @D3X said when there's no progress, you just stare how top players kill you in seconds when matchmaking puts you against players way over your own infamy. No chance to survive with lower item levels and with lower rank ship. You simply deal so low damage that it only tickles those.

That's why I'm asking you to give us better chance to get progress (cheaper parts or more gold from rewards) because we need more parts for upgrading our best items and new items which we recive first time in game. There can't be a situation that you can't upgrade your new weapons because parts cost you so much. Where disappeared that "Don't be afraid to try new weapons. You might like them!"?:eek: I'm asking because there's no way you can try them if you can't afford them. (Maybe when maxed out everything but that's pretty much only possible for top players because they are on top thanks to their weapons (with only skill you won't be successful).

Cheers :cool:

Kitterini, Rusty Scupper, D3X and 3 others like this.
  18. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    Despite advice from BB's loyal player group, the Devs went ahead and completely sold out.

Devs, as gamers yourself, how does it feel to have perpetuated the evil that is freemium mobile games?

They created a great game! Congratulations! However it has been immersed in a greedy culture, forever ruining any gaming legacy.

The soft launch successfully created a group of high level players, a target for those that picked up the game a little later.

The Devs then made that target impossible to reach for new players by:
    1. Removing the option to buy item duplicates in the shop
    2. Introducing an extra requirement for upgrades in the form of power cells
    3. Creating a parts system that renders most scraped items as useless in the form of common and uncommon parts

Everything became RNG. The game became just another form of gambling.

The Devs played it perfectly. Now the game is global and we have the whales spending thousands of dollars to get their legendaries within days of picking up the game. Soon to overtake the OGs of the game, not by skill or time spent playing, but purely because of cash money.

What an insult.

Can the Devs really sleep easy at night knowing that some players are spending $1500 to obtain a single item in BB? Can they really justify the pricing system in BB knowing that someone can buy a console game like Destiny or COD or GTA for $80 and have access to every weapon, and every player class, and ongoing playability etc?

There is no level playing field anymore. The high level players will never be caught by someone like myself who was willing to spend $100 over the next year to help reach the end game.

The end game in BB is a myth.

I wait in anticipation for this new player base to hit Lvl20 and realise all the issues with this game that we all tried to warn the Devs about. The mass exodus will be a classic "I told you so" moment.

Dear Devs, from one gamer to another... you done messed up A-A-Ron.

Peace out.

19. Jammo

Jammo Member

Pirate
    Moby Dicks everywhere. I'm soo done with this game!
    20170512_182004.png

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  20. Albzi

Albzi New Member

I don't need see why it's a problem people want to spend money on a game they enjoy.