1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Shop System, does it suck?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 26 Apr 2017.

?

What do you think of the Current Shop / Item System?

1. Needs work.

93.0%
  2. Good.

7.0%
  1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

one simple solution... bring back the old shop where it offers 12 random items, perks and star crates every few hours for gold or sugar... put it under a new tab... keep the current shop but make it sell parts and pieces only (and maybe power cells/cores too)... that should probably make a lot players happy. (i guess the devs think this will lower pearl purchases - individually, maybe, but the number of players buying pearls will most likely increase with this change)...

on a side note, another constant irritant to many is the gold/sugar quests... most of the time, you get sugar quests... even when refreshed, you still get sugar quests most of the time. with the lack of an in-game resource conversion system, this becomes a source of frustration for a lot players... PLEASE ALLOW PLAYERS TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GOLD OR SUGAR AS A REWARD. the reward itself is modest at best, why not just give the player the ability to choose what type of resource he/she gets after completing it. small changes can mean a lot... small irritations can accumulate to become bad reviews and fewer recommendations...

i find that great games always find a good balance in keeping spenders, grinders and new players happy (most of them anyways)

2. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Ridiculous number of sugar quests is one of the Rovio ways to force people bying more pearls to skip crew training.. I spend at least 60% of my ingame time having full sugar and 2-3 conpleted sugar quests. That annoys more and more every day..
    But I think they will not allow us to choose what reward we want..

3. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Finally! It was about time! I just got the much waited duplicate cannon from the 18th mission crate reward and already evolved it:
    Screenshot_20170618-023218.png

I'm so happy that almost don't care that surely will pass another 6 months before getting the additional 2 duplicates needed for evolving it to T5.

Edit: Correction, i got the 10th epic piece and then after combining the pieces i got the cannon. Sorry, it was the excitement...

Last edited: 18 Jun 2017
  4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Woot!! Now put all damage perks on it, and train bhurt as high as you can. You've got a sweet weapon bro. And wayyyy faster than I ever did. :)

Oh, also any captains with the "+X% damage to all weapons" talent too. Those little percentages add up.

TheAntiSnipe and Helius Maximus like this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Can anyone remember what date they changed the shopsystem?

Edit - @D3X Can see you started this thread in late april, any idea on how long after the new system that was?

6. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

So according to you only skill matters?In some games like League of Lengends,DoTA and even all fps games like counter strike:GO this is true.But not in this game.You will really get what the point we are trying to make in this thread at 1.5k infamy.You might feel very happy getting rare weapons.But once people start hitting you with T3/2 epics you will know.Your rares will feel like tiny needles and you will have to wait months to get just a rare duplicate.Forget about epics if you are an ftp lol.

7. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Some where around February if I'm not wrong.

8. P0rthos

May 2nd 2017.

9. Kitterini

This post was made on the 26nd of april and he talks about his experiences with the new system as if they have been active for atleast some time?

The patchnotes from the store patch aint even on these forums.

Sure its only since may?

GhostYasuo likes this.
  10. P0rthos

May 2nd was when they updated the store with the latest fixes to its current state. They improved drop rate of pieces and perks and reduced costs on parts to make it easier to buy them. Also made it possible to buy your first piece too so you can jump start your build of choice.

The store changed from the original system to this one in early April / late march I believe.

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It was in March I believe when the new Shop rolled out.

12. Kitterini

Cheers, an optimistic calculation suggests that Ill get my lvl 50 repair Pulse somewhere around new years (2020) :)

If I keep spending the price of an AAA game every couple of months.

13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Congrats. That's an excellent weapon for a Defender! On a similar note, I have finally gotten T5 Rare Explosive and T5 Rare Sniper with Bhurt at level 28. So I'm getting close to be able to deal Legendary like damage (T1) lol Pretty stoked about that, made keeping 3K infamy a lot easier. Now to work on possiblly removing my epic nitro and getting T5 Rare ones instead, or maybe go Tesla Shield.

Anyway, I understand that these games take time to achieve something (the last 2 mobile games, I have played for 3 years or more). I know it may seem like a rant, but the hope was for Rovio to make this game a bit less RNG and a bit less P2W and level the playing field a bit more. I still enjoy the game for what it's worth and I find it better than games like Clash Royale or even the new one Brawl Stars.

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well, you're doing well in Battles. Been in a couple games with you today and your pulse seems quite strong regardless.

15. P0rthos

Yea, checked out Brawl Stars. I'll probably play for a bit... but doesn't feel anywhere as in depth as battle bay. Definitely won't stay on my radar like this game.

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Arguable, since the game depth is different. One is a 2d platformer, one is a 3D first person shooter. So you can say that the 2D game aspect isn't as deep, compared to Battle Bay's 3D environments, sure...

However, here are the things that Battle Bay lacks...

Battle Bay only has one game mode. Brawl Stars has quite a bit; Sole Survivor, Gem Collection, Heist, Star Battle and more as I didn't go too deep. Very smart, and fun, because you can be great at a certain game mode. Then look at teamplay, I mean the 3v3 along with Guild Room Teamplay seems to better than Battle Bay's 2 + 3 Vs Random Players. Battle Bay is lacking in both departments. I can see Brawl Stars becoming an eSport quite easily.

The other aspect is P2W and RNG, it's a lot toned down, and even though you can upgrade the characters, the diversity of them along with Team play can certainly negate the small differences in upgrades on the characters itself. With the usage of similar safe/chests but with the elixir and chips, you can save, purchase and upgrade the specific characters you wish to. Something you cannot do in Battle Bay.

And lastly, each character has it's own Trophy Level, and total Account trophy is a combined Trophy Level, very well thought out which allows for fair matchmaking(no manipulation issue here at all). Rovio dev team needs to look at this game, there's a lot of similarities between the two games (even though the game engine is entirely different) and see how they can implement some of these features into Battle Bay. Perhaps do a guild battle mode 3v3 where the fleet is formed in Guild Chat, restrict weapons to a certain tier level (ie T5 Mid and no legendaries - they get converted to epic levels).

Last edited: 19 Jun 2017
  17. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

After reading through few threads, this game is even more greedy than Asphalt 8, and I just quit that game. Paying hundreds of dollars for a chance to get a Legendary weapon is one thing but you can't even choose the weapon. I think I am going to quit my VIP status after a month.

18. Kitterini

@TVNPryde I understand your frustration and dislike of the buisnessmodel.

However the reason why this forum has alot of emotionally strong posts is also because Battle Bay at its core is an amazing game.
    Although I do whine alot (arguably too much!), I've also put in almost 5k battles because its a fun game and the amount of strategic depth+future game potential is most certainly there!

Netsa likes this.
  19. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I haven't have any frustration yet @Kitterini. I just think it's too much. As a software developer, I can guess how much it costs to develop a game like this but repelling the customers before they can enjoy the game is not good for business. Just my thought.

yellowocean likes this.
  20. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Heh, I wouldn't call this game "amazing", but I was impressed from the gate by how solid the mechanics were. The waves constantly getting in the way or slowing you down makes the environment an interesting place to fight in. The classes are all reasonably balanced (weapons notwithstanding). Controls are easy, movement is slow, and blowing boats up is fun. It would almost be relaxing if I wasn't raging about teammates so much.

Of course, there also aren't a lot of PvP shooters on phones, so there isn't a lot of competition. There are a couple of FPS options, but FPS just doesn't work with on-screen controls in my opinion. I don't want to play a MOBA or a card game, so it's basically just this. I don't even like World of Tanks, yet here I am.