1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Current Matchmaking system is horrible. It needs to be more flexible.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rock'N'Rolla, 12 Jul 2017.

?

Should devs make matchmaking system better?

1. Yes. It's too simple atm. It has to include more factors.

2. No, it's good enough.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Just remember that mark 5 and mark 4s around the same level are equal for a reason, could be a skill gap but more often than not the mark 4 could have some nice weaponry, or the mark 5 is using a questionable loadout. I'm one who believes matchmaking solely on infamy is the best way to go, with some exceptions such as a lopsided fixer game (2 fixers vs 0).

2. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I'd better fight 2 mk4 fixers than a party of people who have simply higher level, more crew talents and base ship stats.
    Killing a party with two fixers with my torp and explosive cannon is much more easier than facing 6500 hp defenders and 4500 hp shooters who sometimes have mk5 fixer overall! Very balanced! Yeah!

3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

So tell me, a team of mk4 shooters vs a team of mk5 shooters... Do we have equal chances of winning? Mk5 shooters got stronger weapons, on top of that they got 1-1,5k more health, on top of that they got more defence, and on top of that they got an additional weapon slot wich means even more damage.

Yes I have won a few matches like that, but I lost them the big majority of the time. So, do you still think a match like that is a 50/50 win chance?

What's Up Player likes this.
  4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Guys you're writing here that when MK4s is against MK5s, MK5s have less skill, that's why they're in the same infamy range.. But what if they had just bad period of time (it happens), what If they've been dropping infamy and now they're fighting for their place back? I say prevent players from infamy dropping and it will be clearer and then only we can have this discussion. Because that's still the main problem I see in the game.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

2 months and a few days isn't that long. I'm still pretty confused on anything that happens on this game to be honest :p

6. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

(I didn't read everything you said sorry) here's my opinion
    I think the whole system needs changing
    Get rid of or rework what infamy does it's terrible I've said that since day 1

Make games based on
    1st and most importantly mk level all ships should be the same
    2nd and very important your win percentage
    3rd and could be argued your games played
    4th the rarity of your weapons should be considered

7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Still before me though.

I just realize I chatted with you last weekend in English-Chill Zone. I didn't know 'Joey who' was you then.

8. TVNPryde

1) A veteran in an MK3 ship is much difference than a noob just obtained one
    2) A player that spend load of $$$ will have a higher winning percentage at the beginning. He/She should suffer for paying?
    3) Not every gaining skills at the same level. Some people spend some money and just play for fun and kill time. They don't have desire to be top 50 players.
    4) Tier 5 Rares likely belong to experience players will some noobs just happy to get their first Epic.

Please give more reasons for me to dissect.

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yea, haha. That's the only global I stay in. I'm not that active on global though.

10. Ashley Whalley

Ashley Whalley New Member

The multiple choice. I'd have to disagree on. It's not simple and it's not good. It is by far the worst it can ever be. Too many unfair battles like I've lost 10 battles in a row last week. Trying to recover and it's hard

11. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-07-11-22-38-13.png It needs work . Lol sometimes wondering what I am doing in these type og matches

12. Mr patron

Mr patron New Member

They've started to have same matchups with same players but in my instance no one moved second match so I losses that as well

13. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Actually I'll just dissect what you said cause a lot didn't make sense to me. no offense!
    1 ofc it is that's why games played/win percentage is taken into account
    2 so your telling me a really good player because he's pay to win can just go around killing noobs? No he should have to try and fight hard in games. It's not suffering it's fair play for everyone.
    3 it could add more depth to matchmaking and prevent very expirenced players from killing noobs that's why I said #3 I stand by the idea
    4 I don't understand what your saying sorry haha
    I think your saying experienced players have higher weapons? Ofc they do and that's why they should play together lol

14. TVNPryde

"4th the rarity of your weapons should be considered" --> "Tier 5 Rares likely belong to experience players with some noobs just happy to get their first Epic."
    If matchmaking also base on rarity, than a player with epic will always face tougher opponents than the one using rare. Also, who the heck want to buy Legendary?

15. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Ahh I see what your saying but it wouldn't be bad because it would be working in conjunction with the amour of games/win ratio and mk

Each one of these things on their own wouldn't be perfect but together they would in my opinion be incredible compared to what we have now lol