1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

CTF is back! Defensive (Carronade Enforcer) Gameplay

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by FirnenAhead, 18 Sep 2018.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

So glad that we'll have CTF again. I had some clips from last events so I edited them to ilustrate my strategy in CTF.

Blacktail feels my carronade :rolleyes:

1. Playing defensively means staying right in your base and killing any single enemy that tries to take your flag. However, this can't be the role of all 5 (or 4) players. You need at least 2 of your teammates trying to get enemy's flag or at least attacking the enemies who are defending.

2. Remember you will revive once you die, but it will take 10 seconds and more if you die more than once. Therefore, you will need to keep an eye on your HP, because you don't want to be in a 15 seconds respawn qeue while the enemy speeder gets your flag to their base, as well as you don't want to have 1k hp to go after the enemy that took your flag . So my advice is to die strategically in the moment that your flag is on the base and a teammate is protecting it.

3. Hopefully your "attacking" teammates will get the enemy's flag to your base, but it's not always the case. If that happens, you will need to take advantage of the moments in which the enemies are on a mayhem with your teammates at your base, or they just have died. Timing is really important. You just need enough time to bring their flag to the point in which your teammates with higher HP are. Avoid combat while carrying the flag, you just need to drive as fast as possible your way to your base, altough sometimes going trough a longer way can work better (passing through your respawn zone in Subzero, Crash n' Burn, Dropdead Gorge instead of going straight to capture point). Don't ever bring enemy's flag to their spawn zone.

4. When flags are on the halfway, it doesn't matter if it's enemy's or yours, you want to take them faster than your enemies if the carrier dies. This means your OB and Nitro will be really useful, but the best strategy is to be in the same place as the carrier before giving him the killing blow... be careful of torps when defending your carrier but keep closer than enemies and ask for help of your teammates.

5. If you're on your base with enemy's flag, remember your teammates to kill the enemy carrier and ofc stay with their flag on your base so the capture is immeadiate when they return your flag. Keep an eye on your health, if it is low and you have a high hp teammate close give it to him using OB or Nitro to drop it (this must be made precisely so that your teammate gets it without even moving). Make sure the enemy hasn't dropped your flag if during overtime, cause if both flags are dropped at the same time the match is over and it is a tie.

5.2 If both flags are on enemy's team base, defending the flag carrier is the priority. Fixers must stay with the flag carrier, whilst 1 or 2 (hopefully a yellow boat at least) go for the flag return. So if you're the only yellow boat on your team, encourage your teammates to protect the flag carrier and attack/flank the enemy to get the return. Remember to be in the same place as them before striking the final blow.

Hope you enjoy the tips as well as the event. :D

Any feedback is well received. Don't forget to subscribe if you liked the video :rolleyes:

2. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

CTF isn't really my type of game style, but I'll probably still have a go. Last time I tried to carry, but failed so hard haha. Might give defending base a try this time

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

lol IMO it's the most exciting game mode

Aether_Zero likes this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Fair enough haha, my faves so far are probably the 1v1 and 2v2 fleet events we had