1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Bonding

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by HARPO!, 10 May 2018.

1. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    How to quickly calm down after you got angry of something and how to not be easily raged?

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you don't have a naturally calm disposition, I have no idea how to cope with that xD. Even for people who do have a calm disposition, once they snap, they're pretty nasty.

I'd say reply in your mind and try not to translate stuff physically, that always seems to help.

3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If you live alone it's way easier: just yell. Unfortunately I'm not an adult yet and thus cannot buy own house. An apartment don't work. Suburbs work.

Or just Kung Fu the shit out of a neighboring item or something

4. TheAntiSnipe

Raging at IRL items is a bad idea for obvious reasons :p

Nikkie!, Rogue Blueberry and JoshW like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

Just get a literal punching bag. Or a reverse punching bag ( fill bottom up with water, still works). Problem solve :p

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I'm selfish and my teammates want me dead lol

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

If I even KNOW someone is selfish I immediately want to go on fortnite and kill them in tilted towers with an impulse grenade.

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  8. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I can help you with that. Not many of you know this, but I've been through a lot of emotional pain and problems ever since I was 9, and I've learned a few things about controlling my temper as well.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

If you're talking about agressiveness, we need to hold a contest to see who is more aggressive.

Seriously, when someone steals a mere pen cap from me, I think they feel like they are facing the swat police in a riot rather than some kid. Or something real aggressive ( killer bee? Terciopelo? Giant desert centipede?), but you get the idea. I don't have many friends, but I actually like that. Nobody to annoy me when I'm trying to mind my own business. I like solitude. Well, i PREFER solitude. I'm fine with people, but I'm extremely uncomfortable around strangers.

NeptuneGaming and Nam_Nam like this.
  10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Well is it my turn now? I am extrovert, but I can get along with all kinds of people, extroverts and introverts. I enjoy solitude, but also the company of others. I was a bit of rebel when I was younger, liked to make fun of everything. Now most of you probably have another image of me. Old, serious, maybe (too) sceptical. But it I still like joking around, I like to make word-jokes. The latter can be seen in the chat rooms quite often. Not everybody gets them and not all are funny. Being serious, does not mean you cannot tell jokes as well.

I don't care about age, I have friends who are teenagers and much, much older friends. My oldest friend, who was 86, died last year...sadly.

I am autodidact and a perfectionist, oh and I can be quite deeeeep. I make my own life difficult, but also other peoples life because of it. But I love people and help where ever I can(not always their behaviour), nature, photography, music, languages, learn new things, theology, science, etc, etc. Too much for just one life time, even if I was healthy.

And I am persistant, not everybody appreciates that. If I want something done and it does not happen or someone promises me to call or do something, I don't rest before it is done. The local counsel knows that all too well. Good or bad trait? You decide.

And I hate injuistice, abuse, bullying, indifferance, arrogance, breaking promises, slacking and selfishness. Although I think the first 6 are all caused by the last, namely selfishnesss or selfcenteredness. This makes me angry and people who don't work together also in Battle Bay.

Enough said about me, unless someone has any questions.

Best wishes,
    Flint

Last edited: 1 Jul 2018
  11. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

pixlr_20180701222716910.jpg

12. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I think I'll get least aggressive. IRL, I'm an introvert, except at home, and I rarely ever get mad enough for a real fight. And even so, it's verbal, mostly.

And to anyone feeling bad about bad grades:
    I got 66% on two tests last school year (7th grade)
    Overall grades are all still over 95% :)

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is best just to walk away for a while when it happens. Just say 'best to talk about it later when I am a little calmer'. And it is hard, but refocusing your thoughts helps too. If you stop thinking about it what makes you mad, you keep feeding your anger. Which will only make you feel worse.

And afterwards just talk about it, ask why some people do what they did or why they said what they did. Not all people are open to a discussion. Then it is best to say it and leave the problem with them.

What's Up Player likes this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    BUMP!
    This thread is too beautiful to be buried under nerf and update threads.

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I have had serious rage issues since I was young, I would see red and go off on whatever made me mad. I decided to hold back my emotions and just feel nothing so I wouldn't hurt people or break thing I care about. Doing this seemed to work as I have not had an episode in many years but now I feel empty inside, I don't feel the bad but I don't feel the good either. It feels as if I'm going through the motions of my own life and nothing really matters anymore.
    Now that I'm a bit older and more mature I think I can handle my anger better but don't know how to "turn my emotions back on".
    I have been unable to develop any kind of relationship with other people whether it be friend, girlfriend etc. and have just become lonely despite being surrounded by people.

Does anyone have experience with a similar issue who can help me find my way back to normalcy?

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. SupremeCalamitas

Oof. This is like an introvert that takes their love of loneliness everywhere, but it's actually an extrovert in the end.

I dunno, mate. I get angry ( example: somebody pushes me down for absolutely no reason and I flip them off in front of the whole phys ed class[ I actually did this]) but I don't hold back my anger. I think practice makes perfect. Eventually when surrounded by peeps you will get your emotions back. Time mends.

17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

That was my original thought, that if I fake it for long enough it would become real but that doesn't seem the case. And after avoiding people for so long I don't have the social skills to develop meaningful friendships :/

18. SupremeCalamitas

Have you tried funny videos? Laughing might help. I don't know shit I ain't at this level of knowledge yet
    I have no idea lol I'm just a middle schooler pretending to have 1% of the knowledge an adult with a degree does...

Uuhhh.. good luck

19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I found that trying sports and physical activity releases my emotions a bit. If you try boxing, pretend the punch bag is the guy you hate lol.

Anyway, meet new people if friendships don't take off with the people around you.

I know that I'm not the best support and the advice I gave is really obvious, trying a new sport, no matter what age you are ,really helps.

20. TheAntiSnipe

In my experience as someone who was ragey growing up, you find a group of friends who accept you and trigger those emotions back again. That's what happened to me. Although I still hide almost all of my emotions from strangers. I'm not ashamed to admit I do it here as well; it makes my job as an MVP much easier imho. I really cannot give you much advice, but I'll say this: When you think your friends are capable of taking the real you in, don't hold back!

Nikkie! likes this.