1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Communication problem of developers, moderators and rovio staff.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think devs should communicate before implementing new rules.

1. Yes

93.6%
  2. No

6.4%
  1. MasterMind

MasterMind Active Member

I can Vouch to this he has been in The Revolt instead of The Rebellion due to some miscommunication. He deserves his tokens...

Zusay and *JAWS* like this.
  2. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

"Hey guys. It's okay for them to commit a mistake on a job they are being paid to do which negatively affected us because they were so pressured and is working very hard."

Lol such BS. Wonder how long this thread lasts before it gets locked...

3. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

@Miika @Zeus @The Grim Repair

Make this right... you have unfairly penalized a lot of players for innocently helping out other guilds, those who got kicked out for whatever reason mid-rivalry, and for those who just switched guilds because they were no longer happy with their last guild. There is no exploit to talk about, it is up to the guild leaders/officers if they will allow players to hop in and partake in higher rivalry bonus rewards. the last patch already addressed potential abuse by making players only earn rewards per level/board only once.

The exploit you guys are referring to right now is the last minute hopping of players to 1st placed guilds to get 42k tokens. This is not an exploit per se, it is still up to the 1st place guild if they will allow these hoppers in. As for those who have created multiple legitimate guilds and shuffled "needed" players to expedite quest board completions, this was totally within the rules. Where is the exploit here? i mean each player can only gain a maximum of 42k tokens at the end of the rivalry. As @The Grim Repair have mentioned previously, the impact of players losing the rivalry reward shouldn't be overblown, but your actions show otherwise.

if you guys are really advocating fairness in the way you are running the community, then you have not lived up to it. give those guys who executed clever strategies to maximize their end rivalry rewards, they deserved it, they really put in the effort into achieving those 1st place finishes, it wasn't as easy as it looked. They all played within the rules, there was no "abuse", all rewards were gained just once, they just maximized each of it. These players have an advantage, yes, absolutely, and i applaud them for it, they have created a community within a community and have, as a result, created a very loyal and solid player base for you, why unjustly penalize them?

Even if you guys insist what you did was right, the overwhelmingly negative response to your implementation of the new rule proves that you have to change your perspective on this matter and rectify the situation immediately. i just can't help but feel that you guys are so disconnected from your own community. Please don't even think that the players who quit out of disdain is just a small fraction of your base, the impact of each lost player can result in lost potential revenue for you not just for battlebay but also for your other titles under the Rovio banner.

i hope you guys will admit your mistake in this and make the appropriate corrections

-Yellowocean

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You're just gonna get this thread locked. Give your opinion without flaming the development team

Edit: the post I quoted was removed and the quote also got removed from my message lol. Carry on

5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Mods, even u delete my post what i said is true...
    you are messing up the game....with sudden changes.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You had been warned, not exactly of exploit. But reading @Kitterini comment i figured out what could be done, surely you guys can(BTW I DIDN'T DO IT, the guild i joined 2 days ago strictly disallows leaving it) Screenshot_20171026-130730~2.png

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Does this mean there is no window to legitimately change guilds? What happens to the larger guilds who have more than 25 members, and need to cycle players between A and B guild?

Fin- likes this.
  8. Princess sarah94

Princess sarah94 New Member

I agree 100 percent!! What about the frost?? You dont see them doing anything about that in a matter of hours although for 2 weeks it has needed nerfed .... but hey if they think even one person is getting thier tokens unfairly then punish everyone and while at it hand over the reigns of power to all guild leaders .... but what do I know? I only play alot my opinion or money doesn't matter

Mr. Aussie likes this.
  9. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

This is how u nicely tell the devs what u want instead of being like some of those on the thread throwing a hissy fit over the matter. Even easier is just saying " Devs can u communicate more and release info about new rules/updates a long time before the actual release." The developers are still there and do view threads where they are asked nicely. Like in other games developers also feel they have to distance themselves but still look at comments
    Babablacksheep, the fact that your fellow forumers comments were actually turned into an update shows that the devs are listening. Infact it takes a while for devs to agree on updates and finalize it. It is quite stressful as they want to make the game as good as possible so they sometimes make these hard decisions which might end in uproar. I for the matter feel that many players wont be affected and believe it is a good update. However i think the developers could communicate a bit more but not too much.
    In other games some devs have been ridiculed for communicating too much without proper info. Thank Battlebay for even releasing these updates.

Infact as i am writing this there are 5 or 6 devs on the forum so this proves that devs do like looking at our comments on the forum. Maybe some of u should start a conversation with them so u can express your view directly to them instead of starting a chain reaction of complaints.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2017
    Shadow Moon! and The Grim Repair like this.
  10. vis1234567899

It is better to have rules than not to have rules. Anyway how do u set up something that is nonexistent. Obviously u have to enforce rules. Imagine a world were there was rules like u should not murder but there are no policemen or courts to enforce this.

11. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

12. Jillycut

Jillycut Member

Awesome, I just figured out I’ll be getting screwed 2 weeks in a row. I went back to main guild like 15 mins into the new season. I never got treated like this for helping others. Nice in game note after the fact.

Spinners71 and Princess sarah94 like this.
  13. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Reply from Rovio Support says there will be no compensation whatsoever because the game worked as intended. Even though the implementation caused alot inconvenience, all they did was apologize. You guys should just realize we got screwed over and thats the end of it.

Princess sarah94 likes this.
  14. Princess sarah94

How you gonna call this a exsploit??? Your giving token reward power to guild leaders... do you not see how that can be a exsploit???? Why dont you guys stop suckin the life out of our game and fix the frost already..... smh

15. Princess sarah94

Well my 100's of dollars ... is tired of being screwed ...fr

16. Princess sarah94

17. Princess sarah94

Thats whats happening to our guys... we have 3 guilds.... our guys moved around helping ... an they get screwed... we were not guild hopping.... or exploiting anything we were buying your stupid boost and grinding your quest... you guys are seriously moving in the wrong direction... fr

18. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I agree that if anyone didnt get tokens last season then the timing was too harsh.

Strongly disagree that you moving to a friends guild to help is a good thing though - Great for your friends, shit for the 4 other guilds they are up against.

But this change isnt directed at your behaviour, its a chance to prevent creative cheaters from a guaranteed 42k tokens every season (hint: finding an open low level guild that was winning its rivalvy would take you 2mins at most). Disencouraging guildhopping that messes with 2nd/3rd guilds rivalries is just an added bonus.

Rough that you cant do a rare guild change or get kicked once without getting penalized though.

Now if people would stop chasing every exploitable aspect, then we would stop seeing these panic solutions.

19. vis1234567899

Every update has positives and negatives but this update definitely is more positive than negative

20. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

No surprise, we have differing ideas on the newly implemented "rivalry rule"
    But this thread isnt about that. Its about communication.
    And it seems this game is seriously lacking in that department, to the point innocent players are getting punished, players arent sure of the rules (never have been, no in game rules...)
    Lack of in game announcements to changes.
    Look I understand that dealing with exploits could be immediate, and that is what was neccessary on the last exploit issue. Yet this didnt just affect exploiters. Too many players genuinely helping other teams and building a closer community of battle bay were punished as well. This was done with no warning, and many players have already been screwed over for this season because of the short notice.
    Devs.....just.........:mad::mad::mad:

Babablacksheep and *JAWS* like this.