1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by g1r, 22 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. g1r

g1r New Member

Student
    How about adding a chat system after a completion of a round so we can appreciate each others work.. it can be next to the tab that shows damages and stars or whatever it is.. and when we leave it.. we leave the chat too

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

It will only lead to BM nothing else appreciation will be way more less and abusing team mates will be more and it will be nightmare for those who played bad and soon the community will be asking for a mute option;)

3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Do you think people would use this chat to compliment each other or perhaps flame each other? I'm pretty certain which one i'd place my bets on.

4. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Don't think it will happen
    Was just about to put something similar..
    It would be just another avenue for reports to be dealt with..imagine the amount of comments made towards floaters or mk5/6 doing 200 damage before suiciding.
    Personally..if a player has done real good..I send a friend request and praise them through friend chat(if they accept)..good way to get fleet partners.
    Besides..I'd prefer they did something about global chat BEFORE adding chat options elsewhere..ANY update of anything happening with that Zeus?

5. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

In LoL it is 5% complements, 95% abuse.
    No thanks

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Like Zeus said, we'd LOVE to have a chat there. Unfortunately it would be more abused than used appropriately, which is why we can't add it there.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Maybe you can add 2 buttons only : "thank you fixer" and "well played team" ?

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yeah that is one option we are considering, adding some emoticons you can use there.

Although, if you have followed any other game which has those it is pretty much given that for example "well played" turns to mean something completely different immediately... :)

Captain Gilligan and Miathan like this.
  9. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

bad idea only ppl will do is flaming

10. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Oh yeah ? I didn't know that. I'm really not what you would considered me as a "gamer".
    Just played "candy crush" while in the toilet before getting hooked in here =)

11. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Clash royale and rocket league are good examples of where emotes and pre-set lines are used (nearly always) in an ironic way.

12. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Oh ! Well, maybe not such a good idea then !
    I could see the "Well played, team" being sarcastic when a loss occurred. I guess it is good enough =)

13. El Comandante.

El Comandante. New Member

Player rating, 3 stars next to the name and teammates rate your performance in the battle, with that stars you buy better chest :)

14. Crashedup

Sure a game which survives on money will provide such a feature and we already have such feature rovio does it for us

15. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Please add this. I wanna rain my curses on those filthy afk'ers.

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Nice save!
    Nice save!
    Nice save!
    Chat disabled for three seconds.

17. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Or you can give us the option to customize the communication buttons. That would be nice. Especially the together button doesn't seem to work. Better replace it with something else..

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Crashedup

I am in for adding few more options other than the 4 we have together help etc
    I am thinking about " follow me " and "split up" I think they might provide some different strategy to game.
    PS: but my personal favourite would be change" attack " to " for winterfell " ;)

WarCream likes this.
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Watch out! < needed

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I would like a "My bad" button. I always feel terrible when I mess things up.