1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Casual mode damaging the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by tr00po, 5 Apr 2019.

1. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Ace 2 actually lol but seriously as much as I appreciate a leggy piece every season that’s still not even gonna get you a leggy item twice a year lol

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, you can't be greedy, that's all that all NMLs except the top 10(I guess?) Got before the update that introduced NML1
    /s

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Why is every one opposed to better rewards simply because “we never use to get them at that lvl?” Lol who cares! The game changes or it dies (tho some changes can kill a game just as fast as no change)
    People in mid ranges now have more powerful gear then many who were at the top over a year ago ever did lol it’s just the way it is and so people need to have a chance to obtain better gear at lower lvls to compensate

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

It's all crazy if you ask me. Small mistakes made over time in terms of power creep and stuff have accumulated into this total fiasco where we have skilled Master league players with gear that is good enough to go toe-to-toe with Nightmares, STAYING there because of either matchmaking, or because of bigger fish in the same league.
    You did notice the /s in my previous comment, right?

Sidd gamer and Cavy like this.
  5. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yup and that was the case for me from day one to some degree around the time I started playing lol I’m not saying I’m a better player then my league would suggest lol tho I like to think so, but from almost day one even a year ago I was matched with players at my current lvl
    It made things nearly un bearable at mk 2-3 against mk5s or even mk4 with mk6s in our same battles lol I’m glad I stuck with it and didn’t walk away as I really enjoy this game

Last edited: 6 Apr 2019
    Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and Micro like this.
  6. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    Same

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. tr00po

tr00po New Member

Let me analyse your "myths" one by one and give my alternative view on them:
    1) You say there in no data to support less players playing ranked, I believe like everything there isn't data to back up a point. Common sense would suggest that more gamemodes options would decrease playerbase in each mode, no?
    2) Yes, infamy isn't currently perfect for showing ones progress, but it would be a far better indication if more people played it.
    3) Similar to number 2, some problems would still exist with ranked, however increasing the number of people playing ranked would certainly mean I have less chance of getting 2500 infamy players or 4500 infamy players in my match (My infamy hovers around 3500)
    4) I strongly do believe people play ranked because they care about infamy, otherwise ranked would be completely without purpose and everyone would sit at the infamy they're at. I don't understand how casuals are less stressful; they're identical to ranked in terms of structure.

Sidd gamer, M8009M and TVNPryde like this.
  8. tr00po

tr00po New Member

I appreciate the comments saying casuals cannot be directly nerfed and instead ranked needs to be improved. I still however strongly think ranked is the heart of the game and should be an extremely competitive experience with the goal of all players to achieve highly in this gamemode

Last edited: 6 Apr 2019
    Sidd gamer, benguin8 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Agree completely. Good point.

10. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Again, it's just to balance risks/outcomes. Half gold/sugar from casual and double gold/sugar from ranked will make ranked the way to go for all players who want to level up including players who camp for the rewards. Penalties are necessary.
    However, this is just part of the solution.
    I mentioned multiple times that risks in ranked can be made acceptable and that they need to add some minimal risks to other modes.
    Reducing queue time will give space for some tweaks to improve matchmaking for ppl who think that matchmaking is the problem.
    Balancements specially nerfs will increase survivability in ranked which will make it feel more balanced. Nerfs to overused ships/items and buffs to least used ships/items will provide enough variety in ranked queue on long term to avoid one-sided battles.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    So you want players to leave the game . it was a relief when they introduced casual because ranked was really horrible it is still horrible and stressful . i remember how players used to play customs because ranked give them stress . game should be fun and maybe they should find something else to show performance of a player . at present infamy is not based on individual performance . in some battles i did my best but lost because team mate died so quickly but then some battles i gain infamy where someone else saved the battle ..its just a example .

and if they remove guild contributions of casual battle then ranked will be much more worse . then you will see shooter with 4 napalms or all mines or any stupid setup just for guild quests . now they know they can go crazy in casual without losing infamy .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Nicolas

For me, I clearly said ×2 bonus for non-damage quests in ranked.

Stop this "you want players to leave the game"
    It's so simple less gold/sugar because there is no risks. Less not no.
    Currently infamy is more about what loadout/ship you use, but in general infamy is the only true reflection of skills.
    Stop blaming your teammates because you do mistakes too. You win and lose fair amount of Battles based on your team performance and you are part of the team. If one of your teammates died too soon, same happened with some of your unfriends.
    It's totally fair when it comes to distributing infamy.
    The game is dead iff ranked is dead.

13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I won’t play more ranked, I’ll simply go back to the way it was before
    I’ll play less while there is no event on and if my progression stalls too much I’ll likely just lose interest all together
    We’ve all been given a choice! Some of us really appreciate casual and making us not want to play there will not make us want to play ranked!
    It’s a pretty simple context I don’t see why you have such a hard time understanding

skv1256 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Nicolas

Firstly, you can continue to play.
    Second, nerfing gold/sugar in casual and buffing them in ranked will just give players an additional reason to play ranked. You can stay in casual, but for a new player he will understand that ranked is a necessity and that there is no replacement from the beginning not like the case now. They will accept the risks and they won't run away.
    It might take a player who is used to casual like it's now couple weeks to understand the reason, but you might accept the high risk with some extra rewards. Talking about battle rewards not season rewards.
    League bonus barely make a difference for an average player, and this is the point of nerfing casual and buffing ranked.
    I don't know why it's hard to understand it.

15. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Of course I can continue to play lol I just won’t want to!
    These changes won’t change the reasons I prefer to play casual most of the time nor why I want to avoid ranked!
    And infamy has got nothing to do with it, at least in my instance

You talk as if you know how every one feels and that you know we’re wrong about what we like and don’t like lol your so full of your self it’s not even funny

Tell your self what we want and what’s best for us all, all you want! It won’t make it so

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
    Su-57 likes this.
  16. Nicolas

I only care about what's the best for the game. I'm not funny.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Yes and your so wise and all knowing

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

For the first many months when I first started playing bb I would log in regularly to collect my free stuff and chat to guild mates, but I would only play once or twice a day. Being worried about losing ranked games is not a new thing, it’s always been the case!
    It takes me a couple of matches to get my head in the game and actually play well enough to carry my own weight in ranked so I’d only ever play when I had the time to string together multiple matches
    When events came along and more recently casual mode, it allowed me to play more often as there are many opportunities throughout the day where I get to play a single match, but I won’t use that time in ranked as I know I’ll likely suck lol
    It’s good to play more often and have a chance to earn recourses and contribute more to the guild but with out that I would simply find something more productive to do lol
    I still play ranked almost as much as I always have and nothing is gonna make me play it more.
    Obviously some other players who, like me play more casual games, could be swayed over to more ranked matches and I agree it’s good to provide more temptation for them.

All I’m saying is you can offer more temptation to those people without screwing the rest of us by reducing casual rewards or quest contributions

I could also go on about all the people who like playing different boats or items for questing or for fun that they can’t use in ranked because they’re either too weak or they’re simply not that good who’ll get screwed over too (the set up and style I use in ranked for instance is boring and not as fun to me as others, but the only one I have that I feel comfortable with in ranked)
    Nerfing rewards from casual will turn more people away then those who’ll go to ranked more

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
  19. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I don't want players to leave game but forcing players to play ranked by reducing rewards of casual or in other way , it will make players leave the game . players are playing casual and event because its fun . they will keep playing it even if Ranked reward double then now . improved reward of ranked or reduced reward of casual not gonna improve game experience of Ranked . there are lots of players who used to be at 3000+ infamy now they are under 1000 . if there is no casual or event i am sure those players gonna leave the game . so when someone say remove event its actually they want players to leave the game by frustration of horrible experience of ranked . games are for fun and people play it when they wana leave stress of real life . so if they are getting same stress in game they are not gonna stay there longer .

nerf Ranked rather then Casual lol

Sidd gamer, envylife and Micro like this.
  20. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    agreed mate.

Sidd gamer and Su-57 like this.