1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Carronade Training Question(regarding hits slowing the enemy)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 30 Oct 2017.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this answer is somewhere on the forum. I searched and couldn't find it.

On the Swift training tree, # 12 gives the option of: "Carronade Hits Slow Down the Enemy by 30% for 3 seconds"
    Then at # 19, the option is "Carronade hits slow the enemy 20% more".

So the question is:
    In order to take advantage of # 19(20% more), do I first need to select the initial slowing at # 12 Carronade option( 30%)?
    Or can I use the #19(20%) but use the alternate # 12 training(5% faster boats) ?

The wording of the training makes me things you MUST have both training options selected, but I am hoping I can just use the #19 training options to get some slowing effect. Any help would be great.

2. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Don't know personally, but I doubt Rovio made it like that. I mean... try it out, and if it doesn't work, just retrain it.

3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You can certainly. #19 option can be used individually..

4. Earel

Earel Active Member

In order to take advantage of # 19(20% more) DON"T WORK without # 12 gives the option of: "Carronade Hits Slow Down the Enemy by 30% for 3 seconds"
    Tesed before...
    main problem carronade it's skill tree choosing ... (especially if u wanna use it in speeder)

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, I want to try using the carronade more on a speeder. After using an Epic(level 10) carronade for about 20 battles to complete a quest, I started to see that it has a purpose. So now I want to re-train swift for the carronade(slowing) training.
    But I don't want to lose the 5% extra speed that I will give up by choosing carronade slowing on the training tree.
    So I'm going to instead upgrade by rare Turbo, so that it will make up the difference in loss of speed. Then retrain swift to take advantage of the carronade slowing ability. I'll see how it goes.