1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Cap' or Kill!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jun 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair why no response about matchmaking?

I try to take weapons that are appropriate for my ship, even bought an uncommon turbo.
    1871D9DF-1EC6-482A-B0A7-87877C60B934.png

And I get matched against a NML guy running t5 Rares?
    21E2E30A-005E-47B6-A34E-EE8294F1E0A7.png

Yet if I put t5 Rares on a mk3, I get matched against mk6s. :(

I’m not looking for an advantage, I just want a reasonably fair game. Please can you tell us the secret? How are you supposed to manipulate your gearscore, just so you stop getting matched against ships with 4k better gear than you?

Edit:
    So I tried sticking my t5 Rare on my Shooter... get matched against a mk7 with t2 legendaries! :mad:

29E9A412-B880-4D26-AF34-6BB1BAC6B245.png

Is it some kind of secret Rovio project, to develop the worlds most incompetent matchmaking algorithm()?

Last edited: 16 Jun 2018
  2. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I got matched with the same guy 2 games in a row, and he just gets to 2 shot people without consequences.

3. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    For me, the matchmaking is nickel each team on the same total power.
    If you are mk2 vs mk3 a mate of you team mk7 will fall vs mk6.
    What makes the game fair for my taste

Dobson likes this.
  4. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    You're lvl 40 why you still have a boat mk3 it's all your fault.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What happens if, say, I don't spend any coins in this event, grind 300 coins per event, wait for the third event, hoarding everything, BUT the third event does not have this coin system? Will I be reimbursed for the 600 coins I hoarded up?

6. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    Yes system with parts is the perfect system for events to my taste

7. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

You should never just lose something you earned.
    It's hard to make absolute comments on the further future, however, we would communicate that, should it be the case, you would have to use all your coins, if they were to - for whatever reason - not carry over.
    Let us not theorize though - and make this thread about the present event only please :)

8. ViscountSniffit

Because I don’t normally play Shooter, so I’m not going to waste resources I don’t have levelling it up. The whole idea of gearscore matchmaking was to allow people to try different builds that they’re not able to use in rated games.

And for your information, the matchmaking isn’t any better when I use my regular build. I’m still getting matched against players with 4k better gearscore than me (guys with t4 legendaries).

For example, please explain how this game with a mk7 against mk5s is ‘all my fault’?
    33A2CD14-C1A3-4C1B-8995-13BC5D254A46.png

Winter Chicken and Sidd gamer like this.
  9. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    Calculate the total number of points of the team If you have the time, you will see that each opposing team has a little the same score at 1k sometimes.

10. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    There is just one fault for me is that even by paying 100 money in the game we still do not have the legendary advantage. : 0
    And I think it's abused.

11. ViscountSniffit

All the ships have roughly 6-7k gearscore, except the mk7 which has 11k. And his team has about 3k extra gearscore total, which is maybe a little less that the difference between him and me.

Look how much extra damage he did compared to the other players. I’m top on my team, and he did double what I did. He got nearly as many kills on his own as my entire team put together.

He obviously didn’t belong in that game. So I ask you again, how is that ‘all my fault’?

Fluid Bait and PastelPiku like this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I think there's a huge difference between try a different build and try to take advantage of the matchmaking :)
    I can't see how to use a level 1 item can be considered anything but trying to beat the system... Pretty sure the counter measures to this behavior are the reasons why you're being matched against your current enemies ;)
    Screenshot_20180616-101802.png My usual setup
    Screenshot_20180615-125729.png
    My trying "something different" setup

See the difference? I put the items I want to farm and learn how to use on the max level I could.
    Anyway, that's just my opinion :D

13. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The matchmaking always pulls some shady moves at some point, but after the bounty of matches I played today, I think most of the time they turn out pretty fair...

Since I'm on this thread now I'll ask, is anyone else getting less rewards on draws than on defeats? I've noticed this as a consistent pattern, not sure if it's coincidence or if a draw is worse than a defeat.

EyesTv and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

I don’t have a level one item on my Speeder or Enforcer, and I’m still getting ridiculous matched against NML players with 2-4k better gear than me.

How is this trying to game the system? I’m not running anything that would be OP on that boat, in fact the turbo kinda sucks (but it’s all I’ve got that isn’t OP).
    B6E6C7FF-08FC-4A48-B22B-769252A14ACD.png

Yet I’m matched against this guy, who obviously is gaming the system. Way overpowered T5 Rares, and lowered his gearscore with t1 items. And it worked! He got matched against all mk3s and mk2s.
    1F0EE029-F935-428E-B58B-E72451AA8E52.png

This system isn’t stopping people from gaming the system, it’s just punishing people trying to get fair games.

15. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

When capture zone is covered in napalm, but u still need to capture. :rolleyes: This is what dedication looks like kids. Watch and learn :cool:
    20180616_220731.gif

16. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I've played against 3 mine enforcers, so annoying :mad::mad::mad:

17. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Will my coin spending progress be saved? If I only buy an epic perk this event, what is my next event's leggy progress be: 360/900 or 0/900?

18. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
  19. ViscountSniffit

0/900 Your progress will ‘not’ be saved.

@The Grim Repair explained on the previous page.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  20. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Look like the devs changed the post battle calculations for rewards and make capture means more. This spilled over to infamy battles. Please separate the post battle calculations for TDM and infamy.

The 3 stars player did nothing but capture. Missed most of his/her shots. The team was winning big so what is the point of capturing.

https://replay.battlebay.net/SLQRKNDX#NFQJGGVL
    21F4F3C1-BDC6-4858-B273-F3E678A95352.png

Shadow Moon! and StrictSalmon307 like this.