1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Cap' or Kill!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jun 2018.

1. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I really hope you keep the coin system for all coming events, this is fantastic.

Sachin Shekhar, EyesTv and Ænima like this.
  2. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Thanks for listening to the feedback on these forums Devs!
    1. Introducing the Cap prevents turtling with mines. Now the mines are just in the cap zone, but at least they have to come out to play...
    2. Removing the ticketing system but increasing the "coins" seems like a very fair compromise
    3. Allowing people to spend coins for a brief time after even ends fixes the harshness some experienced last time when they *should* have earned their legendary perk but the event expired while they were in the battle. That was pretty embarrassing...
    4. Sad to see the pics of the poor fixers getting the preverbal coin shaft (saw on Reddit a fixer on winning team ranked 2nd overall get a BIG FAT ZERO coins - only one on winning OR losing team to get zero coins LMAO), but hey, you can't "fix" em all! (pun intended)
    Realize that all events won't have the cap, but if you fix the mines self-detonating timer (i.e. make them detonate faster by the same rate as you accelerate their cooldown) then it would prevent turtling. Overall, happy to see these changes being given a try.

3. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!! Perfect in every way. No waiting times, playing with bigger and smaller guys, no gear tankers, coins whether you win or lose, mayhem in the bay - hilarious. Love it!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

EyesTv likes this.
  4. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey everyone - I added a Q&A section to the original post - have a look it should answer a few questions - any others, let me know :)

5. Atena714

Atena714 New Member

If we do not pay coins Stays for next time?

EyesTv likes this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t understand. If I have 1080 coins, do I need to spend 900? For example 3 Epic crates?

Also what is in the crate? Is it random? I.e. 1/12 chance of getting what you want?

7. Atena714

Atena714 New Member

If you don't loss.mobiles will not be damaged?

EyesTv likes this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Best traits of every class for this event ( IMO)

Shooter ( it's a kill event.)
    Defender ( high health counteracts pesky ass shooters)
    Speeder ( you may deal a ton of damage, but you're too slow with those shots. Also good for capture on chill zone)
    Enforcer (double bubble: almost always the answer. Except against speeder due to something called bursting personal bubbles.)
    Fixer ( healing prevents kills, thus increasing chances of winning. Even if just a bit)

NeptuneGaming and EyesTv like this.
  9. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Yes, and yes...

EyesTv and ViscountSniffit like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

Okay, next question... why the hell is this happening? I feel that my counterpart on the other team had slightly better gear... 464EB7E7-192C-4300-B101-186FE1F80C6D.png
    And why am I never the beneficiary of this terrible matchmaking? Seriously, who do I need to sleep with to get my mk5 matched against a bunch of mk3s?

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. The Grim Repair

Yes, you need to spend your coins on the other chests to get the legendary counter going. You spend 900 coins = you get a “free” legendary

12. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    You gotta go with what you got. Focus on your main weapon and use taht t beat Others.
    I have slain quite a few NM players by using my legendary carronade and by not using my tier 1 epic blast. (Then again, I meet them as mk4s and mk5s with lower health than mk7s)

Whats you gear score? Mines are good in this one, I keep getting one-shotted by them. Its annoying

EyesTv likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

The gearscore on my mk5 is 6311, the other Enforcer had 10642! :confused:

TBH, I didn’t really fight him during the game. As there were four other ships and I was mostly trying to defend the capture zone. But he obviously caused havoc for my teammates.

Da Carronade King and EyesTv like this.
  14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Does my coin spent metre let's say 360/900 resets at next event or gets carried over like guild raffle?

15. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Now, that's a question.. Devs should reply to this. Everyone deserves to know. If Legendary chest progress doesn't get carried over to the next event, then people need to hoard the coins.

StrictSalmon307 and EyesTv like this.
  16. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Does the legendary event box progress also carry over to next event

17. The Grim Repair

No, the legendary chest progress will not carry over to the next event.

18. Boeggla

Boeggla Member

Engineer
    Unspent coins will be safe forever or just until the next coin event?
    So can we save 300 coins in each event and spend all 900 on the third coin event, or do we need to go to 450 to be safe?
    Best event so far, I like it :)

EyesTv likes this.
  19. The Grim Repair

that would be quite an investment of only saving up coins when you dont know what the legendary chest will have - but in theory - if we dont change anything about the upcoming events (which might happen) that should work.

For now how it is:

- you collect coins - you spend them on chests, until you have spent 900 coins - you get the legendary
    - you collect more coins, which you can, again spend
    - progress on your legendary chest does not carry over to any next event
    - coins you dont spend on the current event carry over to the next one(s)

It is of course possible that this won't be same mechanic for all upcoming events - so bare that in mind.

20. Bergster

Bergster Member

It’s a bit rough when one of the guys on our winning team gets no coins. Surely he contributed to the win in some way....???

Attached Files:

Rainbow Warrior and EyesTv like this.