1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we increase weapon's radius?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Inflatable Sub, 12 Jul 2018.

1. Inflatable Sub

Inflatable Sub New Member

My original thread was "Talent "increase area damages by x%" ≠ "radius"
    .... aaaaand...... I just answered my question actually.
    I thought "area damages" was referring to the radius....I really felt like the target circle was growing bigger....

But it seems that "area damages" refers to the damages of weapons with "area of effect". In opposition to the "point damage talent" which refers to weapons with one hit.

Then, is there ways to increase the "radius"?
    Weapons informations may leave hope for it: IMG_20180712_120828.jpg
    IMG_20180712_122028.jpg

Da Carronade King and Kurd1stan. like this.
  2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

3. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Mortars definitely need an endgame buff, mk6 and up ships are simply too fast to make them viable. It really is a shame they nerfed them and frost, nerfs like this make the game less dynamic and stale. If they stopped destroying every meta they wouldn't need so many gimmicky new perks and events to keep people interested.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We need balancing ASAP, because damn, mortars are underrepresented, fixer is dead af, double bubble seems to be OPAF, excannon is BS, FB radius is horribly bugged, people are exploiting GS in events, and sniper... Don't even get me started.

5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I think big Torp, ballpark mortar and firebomb could use some radius buff.

6. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

o_O what ?? maybe you are saying that because you are a speeder/enforcer , but believe me a lot of my matches are mortar battle , it is so hard for shooters and defenders .

now iam using a standard shield instead of a bandage because i see too many fixers , even my bandage is t5 rare with 3 epic perks and my standard shield is only t4 rare with 3 rare perks

well , you are right it is overused but if you want a cannon why would you use a 1 slot item when you can use a 2 slot item that is more powerful (because it is 2 slot) ? btw iam not saying that because i use 2 ExC , but i have said before that i don't like the idea of nerfing/buffing an item due to how much it is used

Da Carronade King likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

No I'm not calling it overused, I'm saying that it's not balanced well. The CD is too high for its intended purpose imho

8. Inflatable Sub

Inflatable Sub New Member

Thanks bud! :D

9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Still the third most used weapon among top players, so it's doing really great actually (and I'm pretty sure that if Enforcers could equip one, they would, so the amount of ECs would increase even more) :)

10. TheAntiSnipe

I think it needs a buff because it's pretty much one of the few things that can fight double bubble. I say, rather than nerfing, we should buff the counters.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

No, because its damage wasn't changed. It still breaks shield.
    I agree with you tho, improving its counters is a better solution.

So, wouldn't it be better, to balance its actual counters (that are stun and frost + torp), that are underused because they're underpowered, instead of balancing the weapon, that is where it's supposed to be?

12. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Explosive cannon in lower levels need a buff but once you get Bhurt's tier 4 evolution you get access to damage talents taht make it a respective weapon. A buff as such should be redistributing these talents fairly along the training tree.

13. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Nice and short answers are the best

14. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

battle bay all summed up in few words lol

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

yeah, ex cannon is direct opposite of op weapon at lower levels due to its big cooldown, blast is just simply better option at lower level because it has higher damage and shortet cooldown so ex cannon would be definitely better eith some lower levels buff