1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we have equal amount of Fixers in each match on both teams?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Napolike1926, 30 Jul 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Oh and sure.. Sometime my team is the one around mines with fixer.. and it's an already wrote battle.

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If you REALLY think you need a fixer to win, you have 3 options right now:

• Stop being a baby and just suck it up, get yourself a bandage or something
    • Be a fixer
    • Fleet with a fixer

3. Napolike1926

Thanks. I really didn't know how to do before u talked. Anyway so you are saying that all people that want it balanced have to play as fixer or always wait a fixer friend? Wow that's so cool. It's not easier to fix it.. no.. no.. be a fixer of fleet with one. Right. thanks friend.
    Oh and please help me to know how to win.. please.. I don't know how I reached 3600 with mk5, if you can help me with the game I'm sure i can reach 6k! You are the best, man!

4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Sometimes , not having a fixer is a disadvantage.
    Watch this replay. U could say that we could have pushed further. But we would have been destroyed by the raw power of their shooters.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/LBFVZKFQ#NJVGSVVD

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It's already balanced.
    Git gud.

6. Napolike1926

It's another perfect example battle (well done anyway). Face to face, a team have to attack and go back healing nothing, another team attack and go back receiving heal.

7. Napolike1926

Is it? I mean number of fixers in the teams -.-

8. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't feel like arguing anymore, so just ignore me now.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

You're really pissing me off, you're acting like a squeaker. What Grim Repair said: making it so that everyone has equal fixers would:
    • Lengthen waiting times by a large amount ( due to scarcity of fixers, and there's probably not many people playing fixer at one specified moment) and it would force people to play fixer, leading to people using uncommons just to not have to wait a billion years to play one match. People would be reported for not using the proper items for their league.
    • Likely make EVEN MORE people quit the game due to the long waiting times ( seriously, 30 minutes in nightmare league is long enough as it is)
    • Or it would make everyone abandon fixer. Either a ton of people would switch to fixer or almost every fixer would switch to diff boat, the remaining fixers would quit game
    Also, with your system, a lot of people might switch to SELFISH fixer, so the system would practically be the same as past, just with a whole ton of selfish fixers, which would once again make more people quit game, because few people like having selfish fixers in their team. ( okay, fine, removed the 'very')

10. Napolike1926

Switch switch switch what? If matchmaking can't find 2 fixers at that moment (impossible cuz there are lots of people playing fixer), it will select 10 non fixers players. Do you know battles without fixers? You there?
    It answer to all 3 points.

11. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

at some levels, fixers are just rare so it would be another slap in their already trashed face, they would be forced to wait long or switch to another ship

12. SupremeCalamitas

Or we could have the BEST answer to your little problem: suck it up and stop acting like caillou, you don't get all that you want in your life, deal with it. I don't like not having a fixer. Do I complain? NO! How about we give you a fixer EVERY match but they are a floater? You won't complain, you got a fixer after all! At least you're not getting a floating fixer like I just did today ( reported him [assuming genders is never wrong if someone done bad to you:rolleyes:] and friended him, gave him a piece of my mind) , because that's worse torture than not getting a fixer because with a floating fixer you have your hopes up then realize they are floating! So SHUT UP!!

@TheAntiSnipe don't hold this against me, this kid is really pissing me off

Shadow Moon! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Lol, don't diss Caillou! My little girl gets really excited when he comes on. :)

Ackoroth and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  14. SupremeCalamitas

K.

Seriously tho, he wants everything handed to him on a silver platter.

15. Napolike1926

Yes, you know all about my whole life and character. You are the boss.

16. SupremeCalamitas

Sarcasm at its finest.

17. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I find that one sided fixer matches are about a 50/50 win rate. To improve your odds, there are certain strategies you must employ to deal with having one fixer in the match.

Fixer on your team?
    1.Hang back, protect your fixer, get healed!
    2.Wait for enemy to stick neck out.
    3.Don't take unnecessary risks!
    4.TOGETHER!
    It is a war of attrition. If you enable the fixer to actually fix your team, and are able to draw the battle out, you will win. You can wear away enemy's hp over time while you are gradually getting fixes under cover. So often I lose these battles because some idiot on my team over extends and dies, turning the match into a 5v4.

Fixer not on your team?
    1.Coordinated burst strike with team is necessary.
    2.Time is of the essence!
    3A.Prioritize easiest target.
    3B.Prioritize fixer.
    4.TOGETHER!
    5.Abuse splash damage advantage.
    Do not let this turn into a war of attrition. You can't dilly-dally. If the enemy takes up a defensive position and has the time advantage, you will lose. A coordinated strike with friends is necessary to burst down targets. Obviously killing the fixer is important, but don't overreach to risk death. Kill the easiest target with burst damage. The enemies are likely clustered around fixer. Hit them with torpedoes, mortars, explosive cannons, missiles. Splash damage dishes out more overall damage that the fixer will not be able to overcome.

Stick together! While 5% of the time a surprise flank works and is super satisfying, in Battle Bay, 95% of the time John Rambo DIES.

My number one rule in Battle Bay:
    If you are first to die, it is YOUR fault that your team lost the match.

Last edited: 2 Aug 2018
  18. Napolike1926

I'm not that great English speaker. If you understand italian I could explain better.

19. Napolike1926

Thanks for good tactics, but I've already said that my problem isn't how to approach a game with/without fixer, i'm almost nightmare with full rare set as speeder. My argument is about those battles that you can't do anything if you haven't a fixer too. And easier way to fix it is an equal number of fixers. But I guess it's impossible because an admin told that he will not do anything to try to solve it.

20. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

I think we’ve all presented arguments and the discussion has reached its end.

Answers and facts can, as always, either be accepted or not - that’s everyone’s personal choice !

See ya in the Bay - fixing ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.