1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we have equal amount of Fixers in each match on both teams?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Napolike1926, 30 Jul 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I believe you meant 3800 :D:D

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Bring back flare stacks LMAO.
    Someone should play 5 flare shooter and tag every enemy with flare to nerf that fixer.

3. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

4. Napolike1926

Yes but what if you think about person for person? Many people got more of those 99% win match, many less. Is it right or not? So what? Just balance it and this problem will be fixed.

5. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

That's what make the game thrill, intense. It makes you to think how to break their defense. No one want to play like bots: shoot, heal all the time. Flare, big torp, napalm are ur best friends. Review your win, other ppl win vs fixer, u may learn more

6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I'd say, look at the last 50(?) battles you had a 0v1 fixer game.
    • If your win-rate is around 50%, you're doing as you're supposed to.
    • If your win-rate is significantly higher, you seem to be doing exceptionally good at those match-ups.
    • If your win-rate is significantly lower, you're doing bad at those match-ups, and you should reconsider how you play at those games.
    Anyways good luck getting into NML, it's not an easy task to do (unless you have full T5 epic setup, then it's easier) :)

ShipCrusherCz and Shadow Moon! like this.
  7. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    *reads first sentence*
    *writes post*
    make each match have 1ofeachship.
    if matchamaking is difficult, display a message warning to chance boats.
    nerf shooter: 10% less hp could do (i could or could not be a mk5 defender with 7.6k hp against shooter mk6s with 8k or more hp, right, SeaNavy?)
    howd you find me without a tag...... stalker

Last edited: 2 Aug 2018
    SeaNavy likes this.
  8. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. I could be a defender with 10.6k hp facing 10k+ hp shooters, right CaffeinatedChris?

9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I might be the mk3 defender with 4.5k hp who fights against mk5 shooters with 3k, lol (it's still nor real advantage because they have too strong weapons-t4E sometimes and t4R almost always)
    only 7.6k hp? even my mk3 has 4.5k hp (no offense ofc):p
    yes, hp nerf for shooter would be good (and I play shooter in events and I use it to complete quests in normal mode), maybe not 10% but hp nerf would work

10. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    then what? -500hp?
    mk 1 with 160 hp will dominate!
    yes youll find me. im the one with lucky teammates, ok weapons (exept for me new pretty flare), and horrible mini shileds. *i need a chug jug*

what if (a reply not a post or else i will get smacked on)
    mk1 starts with 5000 hp
    but as you upgrade (in this case, degrade)
    you get less hp.
    but!
    you can fit shileds

11. ShipCrusherCz

maybe scale the nerf;)
    that might work better

12. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Mk1: -5000 hp, -50 def
    Mk2: -10000 hp, -100 def
    Mk3: -15000 hp, -150 def
    Mk4: -20000 hp, -200 def
    Mk5: -25000 hp, -250 def
    Mk6: -30000 hp, -300 def
    Mk7: -35000 hp, -350 def

I think that'll make it balanced enough :p

13. ShipCrusherCz

perfect!:p

14. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Battles Played last night: 20 (was playing almost all enforcer last night for quests, so my win% isn't as good against fixer teams)

Win / Loss / Tie record for various fixer setups in battle
    Zero Fixer to Zero Fixer: 1-0 (1 battles played)
    Zero Fixer to One Fixer: 4-5 (9 battles played)
    One Fixer to Zero Fixer: 2-1 (3 battles played)
    One Fixer to One Fixer: 3-2 (5 battles played)
    One Fixer to Two Fixer: 1-0 (1 battles played)
    Two Fixer to One Fixer: 0-1 (1 battle played)
    Two Fixer to Two Fixer: 0-0 (0 battle played)

So out of the 20 battles:
    45% of my battles played consisted of the enemy team having a fixer and my team not having one
    15% of my battles my team had the fixer and the enemy team did not.

So, rolling average after two nights: 55 battles
    43.6% of my battles played consisted of the enemy team having a fixer and my team not having one
    14.5% of my battles my team had the fixer and the enemy team did not.

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. I am just posting statistics from my own experience that show whatever algorithm BattleBay uses for matchmaking, some players play a much higher proportional amount of battles without a fixer and the enemy team having a fixer. The play style of any particular person may be different than my own, and possibly they are losing 60% of these battles, while some of us may win 60% of those types of battles. The fixer presence definitely changes the dynamic of the battle, for better or for worse, depending on play style. So I can see why some people would get frustrated not having a balanced amount of matches with/without fixers.

Napolike1926 likes this.
  15. Napolike1926

You didn't answer. Just kidding me. I said: that battle couldn't be win without a fixer and it's a fact. Then, I know how to kick fixer's azzes, thanks. I usually win also those battles, but some battle with unbalanced fixers can't be win. (.) DOT.

16. Napolike1926

And that's what I'm trying to say since the begin about that tab of statistics.

17. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

I've read this entire thread, because I find it interesting to see suggestions of how to implement a change to something in the game.

So far - I have not came across an actual suggestion tho. :)

If it were a simple thing to do, ie: to have a homogeneous representation of boats (or even only fixers) in every match - disregarding skills, power or anything else important for a "fair" match - and it would lead to a much better game experience - it would probably be done :)

There are many more factors though to match teams - and only looking at "equal distribution of fixers" is not in fact "fair".
    One other argument, of why that's not possible, is also, that there would always have to be enough fixer players at a given time - and we won't force people to play certain boats. it would also inflate waiting times unrealistically.
    Why in some matches there is fixers on one side and not yours? That is because we look at exactly those power balancing factors - and not just ship type - it does not work that way.

So far, for the OP, I really like the early advice: fleet with a fixer. At least for your personal experience, you can be sure to have one on your side!

18. Napolike1926

Sorry but I think it's not true because many battle still can be played without fixers in both teams.. have you seen my battle posted? It was not possibile to win just because we hadn't a fixer in our team. And it's a fact. So I just have to pray that in those battles matchmaking put me in the fixer team?
    This one: https://replay.battlebay.net/YSVCWZZW#LCMFKQHL

19. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Not sure how many other competitive games you guys play or have played - the argument of "we could not have won this" - does not fly in my books, especially not based on a factor of "we did not win because we did not have a healer."

There is much that happens or can happen in a battle based on tactics, skills, teamwork - which has nothing to do with there being a fixer or not. I am not going to speculate based on one replay what could have or could not have happened. However, what i can say from experience is, that in MANY matches I have seen unexpected turnarounds.
    When you dont have a fixer - you do have extra fire power. But again - skill, tactics, team work - those are factors you can't simplify to "we did not win because there was no fixer".

it's also a mindset issue - if you go into battle, firmly believing you will lose - you will lose.

20. Napolike1926

More fire power? Not always. Sometime fixer team got more shooters than mine without fixer. And that battle is an example, but often happen that fixer close itself around mines, allies and walls and u can't do almost anything. And if u try to attack and go back in group, your damage will be absorbed by fixer, their damage on u stay there and u just have to shut up and retry. It's not right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.