1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we get more perk slots on uncommons and rares?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Nimzor, 1 May 2018.

1. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

I'm a F2P player at around 2300 - 2600 infamy range and I am getting to the point where i can't really progress until I start getting multiple copies of epic gear. Unfortunately I haven't been blessed to receive anything more than 2 copies of epic items, so i have to stick to my tier 4 rares (current build below). I am being consistently matched up with people (both sides) sporting Tier 4 and 5 epics and it's really starting feel like a choir playing the game now. Specifically in regards to my match contribution. Like in games where I am on the winning side, a lot of the time now my damage is quite low and I don't feel like I have as a big of impact on a game now like I used to when I was at lower infamy, and consequently my guild contribution has suffered as well even though I am not playing any less games. I think having a 4th perk slot for Rares would make them a little more viable against epics and really help out players like myself without stepping on the toes of epics and legends. Maybe a 3rd or even 4th slot for uncommons would help to keep them viable for longer too for people who are similar situations further down the ladder. Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-28-26.png

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I've discussed this topic with people several times, and I'm in favor of keeping things the way they are. If you added a perk slot to rares. that would mean a rare T5 is more powerful than an epic T4. This would greatly reduce the importance of epics. Given how much time, resources and luck is required for T4 epics, that is a terrible idea. Noone wants to invest so much in something that's not even better than a rare.

TheFixer27 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Your guild contribution is fine bro ;)
    Just hang in there, smash the boards and use the weapon achievements for an extra dupe, that is super handy.
    Also one of the members here taught me about conserving raffle tokens, so when that epic weapon appears on the bonus board you can spend your 200k tokens and have a much higher chance of getting it!

Nimzor and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

I prefer seeing it from the other side (i'm super biased here since i don't have epics ;))You mention the time, resources and luck for epics, which I get. However if there was a 4th perk slot on rares, then people wouldn't feel like they at the mercy of epic rng so much and that their rares are still good to go until they can find their epics. Also its not like Rares themselves don't require significant time, investment and luck as well. If i unlocked tier 5 tomorrow, I would only be able to make 1 of my weapons Tier 5.

I didn't know you could conserve raffle tokens, I will definitely being that from now on. Thanks bro.

Ash KOT and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Save them until you get a legendary board with some things you like. For example, a red Legendary Piece and an Epic item that you want. Then use all 200k (plus whatever you get in the current rivalry) to try to hit it.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

3rd perk slot is needed on uncommon weapons so they can be used until rares are farmed.It would be helpful to beginners.

4th perk slot on rare with 50℅ (OR 25℅) of the intended effect can be done without affecting the credibility of epics.

ViscountSniffit and Ash KOT like this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This would be a great idea, so the 4th slot is unlocked but you would only benefit from 25% / 50% of what the perk should grant.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Perhaps we could do away with the whole perk slot limit, and just give all items 4 perks slots, but have a perk rarity limit instead.

So (for example) a t5 Rare item, would unlock 3 Epic Slots, but the 4th slot would only fit an uncommon/rare perk.

Babablacksheep and PallabKumarS like this.
  9. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Rare t5 items are good enough to reach NM with mk6 ships. No need for another perk slot.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm 9 captain levels beyond you and I am still running 7 out of 8 rares because I lack enough Epic copies to replace any of the other 7. It's a long brutal trip for sure. I don't agree that adding a perk slot to Rare is s the answer, Epics need to be more accessible... and even when you have item copies, you'll find Epic parts excessively hard to come by. Good luck and may RNG be with you.

ViscountSniffit likes this.