1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Burn Perk worth it?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 12 Sep 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

So we all know:
    Burn dmg perk- +12% on burning target
    Damage Perk- 8%
    My question is when enemy is not on fire we will lose 8% dmg in case of burn perks which we wont wont lose with normal perks, so is it worth doing 4% extra dmg only to lose 8% when enemy not on fire?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Do you carry a source of ignition?

I generally prefer the burn perk for that extra oomph, but I never leave home without a flare. This may be detrimental as I've held off an EC shot if the enemy isn't on fire and the flare is still on cooldown which I'm sure has cost me DPS in the long run.

With both the prevalence and the current strength of TShields, it is probably better to carry a straight damage perk since burn perk doesn't assist in taking them down.

PastelPiku and DragonLegend like this.
  3. DragonLegend

I have a brand new flare.
    Its 1459 dmg now without any burn perks. It does like 1700 on burning targets. I dont think a single burn perk will help me a lot.

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Dmg perks increase the base damage + point dmg increase only, but I think burn dmg perks increase total damage, so it's more than a 4% difference.

PastelPiku and Joey who like this.
  5. DragonLegend

Actually you are right. It does apply percentage on total damage.
    Still- my blast do 1459 dmg and with 4 burn talents it does 1750
    And if i put 1 fire perk dmg will be 1403 and 1850 with 32% burn dmg.
    Other of my perks are event ones which give me more range, faster projectile and crit chance. Hence the question remains. Is it worth it?