1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Build your own ship: idea by flarecrotch ...text by Jaws

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by *JAWS*, 17 Apr 2018.

1. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Yo all saying is make all ducktape ship....how is dis even fair?

2. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

I don't understand what is the point of this thread !

View "suggestions and ideals" and you will see some ( maybe more than what you expect) threads about new boats .

I mean does this thread combine all new boats ideas in one thread!!?
    If so , why?

And also new boat will be the last thing devs will think about adding it (it is a very big change )

But it is made by a well-known-member so even it took devs interest o_O

3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The only way there would be imbalance was if the items themselves were imbalanced. As long as every ship has the same slots/points there should be balance.

*JAWS* likes this.
  4. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

suggested something like this in the old forums... use the 5 classes as base templates for differentiation in terms of base values for HP, Speed, turret speed, armor (defense). though my idea had the additional angle of dividing the ship into 5 parts (bow, stern, starboard, port and core(engine/middle) with different building blocks to come up with your own unique build. but the idea in this thread is much simpler and should be worth a try... so many crazy fun builds would open up for everyone... imagine a shooter with T. shield, defender with nitro/OB for some intimidating rush maneuvers.

to add to the suggestion though, max should be 12 slot points and 8 slots (at mk7).

5. yellowocean

though, thinking about it some more, if devs will entertain this idea... boat classes will need some major changes statistically OR give each boat class a unique ability.

option A:
    • each class will have a distinct characteristic in terms of it's stats: shooter will probably be like your all around boat class (balanced speed, agility, armor, HP), speeder will be speedy (high speed, medium agility, low HP, low armor), enforcer will be tricky (high agility, decent speed, medium HP, low armor), defender will be beefy (high HP, low speed, medium agility, high armor), fixer will probably become obsolete
    option B:
    • give each boat class a unique ability
    • examples like: (passive abilities) shooter has damage boost ability, speeder has speed boost ability, defender has armor boosts ability, enforcer agility boost ability, fixer has HP regen ability (uninterruptible)
    • example 2: (active abilities) shooter has rapid fire ability OR damage boost for X seconds, speeder has mega boost ability OR max speed increases as HP decreases, enforcer has extreme agility boost ability (insanely fast boat/turret turn speed), defender has "defend" ability (50% damage from any source for X seconds OR ignores damage from the next 1-2 sources), fixer has "HP Swap" ability or a super HP gain ability. (all these might seem OP but the trick here is how often can a player use this ability. whether it will have a cooldown or will it be usable only once per battle)

*JAWS* likes this.
  6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

These ideas are how this game breaks out of the mundane. And becomes OP. Choices are great. Allowing players flexibility is the way forward.

@The Grim Repair

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The question remains, how r u going to balance it? Imagine a speeder with duct tapes, nitro-ing around with tesla shields, how are you going to kill it? It would be op af as spoil the game for everyone.

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

10 Duct tape super selffixer ftw!

A less drastic change could be to allow each class to pick between two templernes, fx when you unlock mk7.

Fx;
    Fixer as we know it, RR[3], Y[1], GGG [5], BB[2]
    And a 2nd option, fx
    R[2], Y[2], GGG [3], BBB [4].

Imagine how much fun a tank Fixer could be with the 2nd option: Tesla Shield, triple Tape & a Big Shield!

Base stats can easily be tweaked to provide a resonable balance. The idea wouldnt be to evolve into something thats strickly better, just to provide more fun options.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder. Three ducttapes. Tesshields. That's 5-7 slots there alone. Assuming 5.
    Nitro. 6.
    Turbo. 7.
    That leaves 5 slots. Guns-3RR?
    2 slots remain. BShield.
    0 slots remain.

But no OB means a lower velocity of playing. 7 slots in the active section=more room for mistakes. Idk man, doesn't seem VERY OP..

I would say that red slots can only be turned into yellows an vice versa. Blues can only be turned into greens and vice versa. How's that?

So... 3RR 3GGG 3YY 3BB

10. yellowocean

yes, if speeder has duct tape, it probably will have to sacrifice a slot from a different color to accommodate the duct tape. there will limited slots and slot points (at mk7 8 slots, 12 slot points). so if custom speeder adds a green slot, the player will have to give up one slot of the other colors to make it happen - i'm guessing 1 yellow slot or 1 blue slot. we can't really say if balance will be an issue because build permutations will increase exponentially if this meta will be adopted by the devs. but the most likely avenues for balancing will be through ship stats and individual item balancing.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  11. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Good point, my idea of an op speeder build would be 2 weapon slot (same as current), 2 yellows (nitro + tesla shield), 2 blues (Big shield + turbo) + 2 greens (dual duck tape). Basically you almost can't kill it, it would be the new meta speeder build. Try to imagine along the same lines for enforcers running duck tape, omg.

Individual item rebalancing could solve some of the problems, but it would be a tough road for sure.

12. yellowocean

Yup, the constant pursuit of the perfect balance in the game is always a daunting task so let's just keep giving constructive criticisms and thoughtful suggestions... if this idea is implemented, expect huge surges in the usage of yellow items and the ever divisive duct tape :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    No, I am against any ideas that only add to the experience of end-game players. 99% of players will never reach mk7.

14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Mk6 then! Splitting before just seems like such a mess to balance (& explain to new players)

15. PastelPiku

Security
    It took me like 7 months for mk6, and I was no f2p. I think as early as mk3 would work as most players have played for a few weeks by then and wouldn't mind learning something new, and as I've said before in other threads, mk3 is barely better than mk2 since the mk1/mk2 buff.

16. Caravan

Caravan New Member

Clarification. No increase to slot amount or slot points. Max is as it stands for a mk 7 shooter: 8 slots, with 12 slot points, you could never equip more than 8 items, you just choose the color and value of each slot with a max of 12 pts value.
    Speeder with:
    Nade, EC (2 red slots, 3 pts)
    TShield, OB, Nitro (3 yellow slots, 4 pts)
    1 Duct Tape (1 green slot, 1 pt)
    Turbo, B Shield (2 blue slots, 3 pts)
    Total of 8 slots and 12 pts used.
    You get the idea

17. PastelPiku

Security
    Took a while but I just realized this would, without a doubt, kill bandages. Anyone would take a duct tape instead.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    U know whats funny. I have had thoughts about this idea in the past and I bet many people have thought about it as well. Although I have to say it would be hard to know how many weapons ur enemy has (I base a lot of tactics on what ships the enemy has). I have to say that this idea seems like a fantasy when considering what will happen next..

Imagine getting legendary from achievements but have no space to use it. Such a thing can change the whole game.

It would be unfair for those who have spent years on the current boats. But if Battle Bay 2 comes out then it can be implemented there.

I would say.
    2 carronades
    4 duct tapes
    2 overboosts
    2 turbos
    1 Big shield

This is what I would call my ideal speeding fixer. A good enough turbo means that the second one can be discarded for a standard shield.