1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Break Frost/Stun with Damage instead of Shot.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ViscountSniffit, 15 Nov 2017.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

One of the most frustrating things about using Stun (and now frost) is that other people will often remove them by shooting the target.

That’s fine if it’s some massive railgun hit... go ahead, but often it’s something pathetic like a Cannon, or a poorly aimed mortar, that only does edge damage.

So my idea is to give stun and frost a hp limit that is required to break them (a little bit like Tesla Shield). It wouldn’t need to be a lot, just enough to ensure they aren’t removed by something insignificant.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Great idea and would solve a lot of the people complaining about the new frost physics.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Ooooh. A mod liked the post. That has to be good. lol

Mamamyers likes this.
  4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

GREAT IDEA!!!! The one single thing that implemented to improve one shot break of FROST(the only nerf not justified)

IRONY---A Non frost using speeder produces the idea that actually help frost gameplay,While frost Users whine about their broken weapon:D:p

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I would remove unneeded complication from your request and take stun out of the picture. Stun has operated that way since the beginning and is only frustrating because other players have no idea how to control their itchy trigger fingers.

So focus on frost. This is a perfect idea but has some kinks to work out. What happens when you are frosted twice? Does the hp start over? Is it doubled? Like you would need to break one frost and then the second?

It would be neat to see frost hp be able to be increased with level or maybe even by perks (hp perks!) Similar to tesla shield where you can buff the hp or the duration.

Can I introduce a slant on your proposal? Maybe having hp is not needed (which could complicate implementation) but rather when you do damage it reduced the duration of the frost. What is the max duration for frost with perks and training? Same for launcher and blaster: 7 base, plus 20% with training, plus 4s with epic perks. So I count max duration as 12.4 seconds. So maybe something like every 25 damage you lose 0.1s, which is 1 second per 250. So frost would disappear immediately if you took more than 3100 damage. Would be helpful to pool nightmare experience with me being in the 2000 infamy to see if this formula makes sense. 0.1s for every 50 damage is 6200 before breaking which sounds a bit much. Remember though that the timer is naturally counting down on its own too. I think this is simple enough Rovio can easily implement it instead of the break when hit rule!

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I will compare it to stun.When two stun over-Lap,both of them are broken by one hit.It doesn't matter if first stun was ABOUT to end in 0.1s,or the second stun 15s was just applied .

Similar for frost when two Frost overLap,The damage cap as viscount suggested or time reduction as you suggested SHOULD be CALCULATED in account of First frost of the over lapping 2.Why?, Because the unfriend has ALREADY suffered the Max damage intended to be made to a FROSTed target.I m more inclined to damage CAP idea as suggested by @ViscountSniffit ,it sounds much less complicated.
    This is something I was thinking about too,but since you mentioned it I would also like to add two additional points(Considering both into account damage break by OP and time break suggestions by you)

1)Damage Cap/Time reduction shouldn't be low enough making it unusable at low levels, Niether too High to make it OP.Meaning base SHOULD be good enough, increment should be minimal

2)It SHOULD be independent of RARITY.Reason:- To prevent p2w advantage just like in case of OB,TURBO,TESLA SHIELD (Epics>>>Rare )

Overall,great idea both of you

benguin8 likes this.
  7. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

the thing about frost now is that there is no point using it without being certain u can land a good mortar or torp shot and hoping none of ur teammates shoot