1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bot VIP Event

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Scourge Argaen, 21 Jun 2018.

1. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I know the concept of VIP has been discussed already so I'm not looking to take any credit for that aspect or some of the variances around those comments.

What I'd like to ask / suggest is around what difficulties would the Dev team have about introducing an autonomous bot into this? To clarify, this is what I'm suggesting:

You are either on the defending team or the offending team. Your role is random as part of the match making.

The defending team has to protect the bot vessel which will sail around the map. The bot won't attack, just sail. The bot has say 75k HP which the offending team has to take down to win the match so the defenders have to work as an effective team to protect it.

The offending team naturally needs to sink it. Their objective is about crowd control, damage evasion and focus fire on the bot vessel.

• The bot vessel is not slowed by waves.
    • Tesla Bolts can stop the vessel by 'shutting it down'
    • Healable? Potentially but perhaps at a 50% rate otherwise it could be too difficult.
    • Infinite respawns as per normal, due to the nature, either instant respawns or a short delay.

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Or maybe both sides have bots and they both have to protect them. I can just imagine it now. 5 boats charging towards an enemy bot abandoning their own bot. :(

3. Scourge Argaen

That would be both funny and tragic, but an equally a fair possibility for it.

4. Agile Vanguard

I don't have vip so I want the event to be open to everyone. If Rovio wants to make money from this, they could have tickets like normal events. Maybe even a gold/sugar/Pearl/item/Perk/part/piece/ XP reward for winning!

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know you already commented on this before without being a troll right?

Nikkie! and Ackoroth like this.
  6. Scourge Argaen

@Nightmare3605 It's not VIP in the subscription sense, I should have made that a bit clearer. It's in the sense that the bot vessel is your designated target to protect / destroy, there is no other objective.

7. Agile Vanguard

So? I’m not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you are a troll or I am a troll?

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh wait so you weren't trolling. Ofc VIP protection type missions in games are rare and many wouldn't get the reference lol

Understandable_thanks.jpg

Nikkie! likes this.