1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom Bay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JoshW, 29 Nov 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, the game play itself is not boring.
    What is boring me is the state of the community, the endless grinding, the endless waiting for training/ gathering sugar for training, the waiting for RNG to give you the items you need for evolution, the lack of a storyline, having ideas for new loadouts and waiting forever to build the items so you're stuck using the same old equipment, the lack of communication on the game's direction by developers, and I'm sure there are more..

If the developers wish to improve the game they need to make changes to the parts of the game that are dull and unfulfilling.

Any suggestions on how to do this are welcome, I have a few of my own that I'll keep to myself for the moment. I'm curious if anyone else has the same ideas before I post them ;p

What about the Bay bores you? How would you fix it if your ideas were actually heard?

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

How many mobile games do you know that majority of the community doesn’t want new contents anymore? It’s a rediculous grinding just for a random legendary perk. How many players can say that they’ve enjoyed the new ships outside of its boosted event?

There are only 3 reasons I haven’t quit this game yet.
    1. The 19 months of efforts I put in it.
    2. The friends I made here.
    3. And the game is still enjoyable with the contents I have now

There is zero reason for me to spend money anymore to support this greedy game maker. I don’t mind paying for what the game worth to me but why bother when this team wants the players to play to death just for a virtual reward.

My 2 cents on why this game is not overly enjoyable.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Personally I don't view legendary perks as much of a reward...it's like a gift for the player who has it all...but I still don't have weapons to put them on.

This Is Me, JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We basically grind for a tiny number of pieces and some damage to contribute for achievements and guildquests, what else do I have to say about events? Utterly useless for player progression imho. What can I progress on now?

Got my first +5000 this morning, it levelled up my Reaper to 23. 23! I have to take about 8× that effort to make the ship PLAYABLE at my level!

Really?

5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I'm doing just fine with my low level Reaper with uncommon item slightly below NML :p

Screenshot_20181130-120556.jpg

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Look at your OTHER sustain. That's a T5E smallshield :p

7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I have stopped playing events altogether. Too much time consuming and worthless rewards. I'm pretty bored of the game as well and I can relate to what @TVNPryde said.
    I had so many decent ideas to suggest but my voice was never heard so I gave up.

8. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Don't mind me just reading and liking comments.

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I think part of the issue for me is the sense that the Development team for this game seems to regard this forum as a bunch of whiners and complainers. I admit sometimes this forum does get extremely salty.
    However, this is in my view caused by the Developers own lack of regard for the forum and it has a snowball effect.
    The state of the game itself (revenue dropping every quarter) is in itself a representation of the leadership running it. I think everyone could agree that the game concept and game-play is fantastic. So if you have a fantastic product and your revenue is dropping, who is to blame? At what point do you look at how you're running the game and ask what we need to do differently?

This game lacks a real community where Developers actually engage in what the player base is wanting. This could be as simple as giving the player base a list of 4 things and we can vote on ONE thing that would be included in the next update. This would bring positive discussion to the forum and make customers feel like our voices are heard. Such a small step goes a long way in creating goodwill.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I also have little incentive to play this game outside of Guild Questing... Events offer no tangible rewards, and ranked matches are a mess with events conflicting so much with NML Reset. To make matters worse I've been borderline with the seal clubbing penalty for a couple weeks now, so I actually don't want to risk taking that ever so slight dip by playing ranked matches, so I stick to fruitless events. Battle Bay is a mess.

11. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

Haha same here

JoshW, Rhummy and AntiHero like this.
  12. Rhummy

Rhummy Member

I too am enjoyimg reading all these comments.

HappyUnicorn789 and JoshW like this.
  13. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Yeah ever since they made perk difficult to get, I reduced event play

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.