1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Boat Improvements for Speeder and Fixer (Slot Changes)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 20 Jan 2018.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Fixer:
    As of now at MK6+:
    Red: 2 Slots (3 points)
    Yellow: 1 Slot (1 point)
    Blue: 2 Slots (2 points)
    Green: 3 Slots (5 points)

Proposed Change:
    Red: 1 Slot (1 points)
    Yellow: 2 Slot (3 points)
    Blue: 2 Slots (2 points)
    Green: 3 Slots (5 points)

Reason: Fixers should be more of a support class so they should only have the most basic weapons equipped.

Speeder:
    As of now at MK6+:

Red : 2 Slots (3 points)
    Yellow: 3 Slot (4 points)
    Blue: 3 Slots (4 points)

Proposed Change:
    Red : 2 Slots (4 points)
    Yellow: 3 Slot (3 points)
    Blue: 3 Slots (4 points)

Reason:
    There is too much similarity between speeder and enforcer regarding the yellow slots and points.
    Speeders are dealing damage at the same rate and have the same red slots as fixers???? Speeders need to be a step up even a tiny one. 4 points with the same 2 slots is a good change to improve damage capability.

If you like this post, please support me by like, commenting and subscribe.

2. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Yellow slots on a speeder should be 4

If you make it 3 you then make speeder can’t used Tesla shield or have to only use 2 itmes to use the Tesla shield.

So a fixer should get Tesla shield and a speeder not

I think speeder right now is perfect.

As for fixer I think you can’t change it it’s hard but why not it might be intersting.

I would die to get a third slot for enforcer

Jasper21, TheAntiSnipe and Ian like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Lol fixer 2 yellow slots 3 slot points? What a joke. No offense...

LimeOnMars likes this.
  4. Miku Da Yo 39

But speeder with Tesla shield in the first place seems off because it's more of enforcer item. I think speeder should be speeder and be fast. Fixer change is proabably more likely than speeder change I agree. It seems more likely because more likely they would want less weapons on fixer to fit the role more. But imo most of these changes will make the role of each boat more prevalent. Nitro and OB speeders with Tesla bolt is really what a speeder speeder should use lol

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Did you miss the part where it says fixer 1 red slot 1 slot point? Haha

6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Nope

7. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

This is were i disagree. 90% of mk6 do use tesla shield. You’re unbalancing the game seriously.

8. Miku Da Yo 39

How is it unbalancing. Speeder gets 4 Red points. 4 red points. 4 RED points. Explain how that does not balance it out. The fact that your arguement is based off of what is currently in use is not really that great. If they introduced it in reverse and my post asks for the change to be from 3 yellow slots to 4, you would all be crying about how you lose all your DPS

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Because for people like Blacktail, and most flare+blast/flare+exc setups, this is a DIRECT NERF. Also, I dont think any of us speeders want this. Why don't you put up a poll?

Rokstrmahesh, Jasper21 and Ian like this.
  10. Miku Da Yo 39

A change that makes it so your build is no longer optimized because you do not have the proper items is not a "Nerf". A Nerf is where no matter what you gain in a game the attributes we're lowered and nothing can be done to change it back.
    People would not cry, they would just run double ex cannon or something. The so called "meta" would simply move along to something else. If you oppose have a valid reason. I don't think having to build new items to take advantage of a change is a valid nerf arguement.

11. Stonebanks

Please, enough. Frost-torp combo is dead, we have had enough with the nerfs. As a speeder, 3 slots for red items is great, balancing with the yellow slots. I totally disagree with you and, till this thread is alive, im gonna post only negative thoughts about this.

This is going against 40% or 50% of battle bay players. Please stop

12. Miku Da Yo 39

All you post is negativity without any sort of solid reasoning or explanation, if you just want to talk bad because oh I will need new items again, oh I don't want to spend money and stuff, then boohoo. Every new change, we have to deal with it. If you have an actual reason to oppose this then explain.

13. Stonebanks

Speeder are, alongside enforcer, the only ships that can carry yellow items. And im not talking about fixer because its purpose is to heal. 3 points for red items are the correct option, 4 points will going to make them OP. And, again, i bet that 90% of mk6 speeders are using tesla shield. You are going against so many players and that is NOT FAIR.

And oh, “every new change, we have to deal with it”. Nerf frost-torp? Of, nerfed. Nerf cannons burning bonus? Ok, nerfed. This is why some players are quiting, and then, if this is applied by the devs, more players, including me, quit.

Do you think is fair that, with every stupid change you make, we have to buy new items? No, that just ruins our game experience.

14. Stonebanks

And, oh, “BOAT IMPROVEMENTS”.

15. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I'm just imagining a speeder running frost and 2 big torps speeding around spamming them from the side or behind the enemy... lol. Or maybe even overboost + 2 nitro. Not for me, sorry

16. Miku Da Yo 39

You guys are so confused. You don't want to lose Tesla shield, oh but carrying 2 ex cannons or 2 big torps is going to be too OP. You obviously can't have the best of both worlds and that is what makes it balanced. If you think this is a NERF thread, just get out. I will no longer be replying to posts unless by new people joining the thread.

17. Stonebanks

In what world do you live? The speeder, the ship made for yellow items, and you want to remove them 1 yellow point? Sorry, but i don’t get it. Sure the devs didn’t want to create a game where u have 3 slots, 3 points and, if you want to use tesla shield, you lose 1 slot. That just do not make sense.

18. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I dont know if it nerfs or buffs speeders, but it's just silly and unnecessary. As for fixer, considering the 2nd weapon slot is already barely utilized in close, competitive games, this is way too much of a buff.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Overboost+Nitro+Bolt speeder are more painful to take down than tesla shield ones,At least for me i miss hell lot of shots on nitro speeder and rare tesla shield sucks anyway.The thing that miku suggested is buff to a speeder(2 slotted 2 weapons) but it also makes restrictions for a speeder; like enforcer restricted to 2 slotted weapons/Bandage and Fixer to a Big shield/Bandage...Speeder has no restrictions currently in terms of item equippings and it is a top boat,so +1 for speeder idea....

20. Stonebanks

So, you want a restricted ship to make other players enjoy this game?

Please god...