1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Blast vs Explosive Cannon Comparison

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 11 Mar 2018.

?

Which weapon would you pick?

1. Explosive Cannon

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Blast Cannon

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  3. Both, Versatility > Maximizing Talents

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

T3 Legendary Blast Cannon
    Maxed Crew (1.94 Multiplier)
    1454 Damage (2443 with 1.68 fire bonus)

T3 Legendary Explosive Cannon
    Maxed Crew (1.91 Multiplier)
    1712 Damage (2877 with 1.68 fire bonus)

What do you guys think?
    Explosive: AOE and higher damage
    Blast: slightly faster projectile, shorter cooldown.

Personally, if I was running the flare combo, I would pick ex cannon, people who understand how significant high burst dmg is would agree.
    And another big deciding factor may be the ability to break Tesla shield consistently that Ex cannon provides.

What are you guys thoughts? Which weapon would you pick?

#CK and PastelPiku like this.
  2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The blast cannon.

Can be used on more ships.

This isn' theory. Reload time is survival on the bay. 1 slot weapon is critically important as well.

Last 20 games I played on defender today. I used only 1 slot weapons. A flare, a grenade and a blast. Consistently doing 10k to 29k of damage. All of these were epic V weapons except for blast. Leg.1.

I own a Leg.4 Ex cannon. And another Epic V ex cannon.

Currently. When I equip those with a flare. My average damage since the nerf is 4k to 23k.
    I have yet to score above 23k with ex cannons. The cool down kills me.

So all single 1 space weapons average higher scores than. Double ex cannon.

That tells u all u need.

I also have used 1 flare and 1 blast and 1 ex cannon. Highest score was 26k.

But for the case of this post.

If u have to choose. Go blast.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

Your opinion only tells the defender side, speeders are still running ex cannons like normal. They have the ability to relocate, defenders do not. That said, if you carry 2 ex cannons and a blast cannon all with fire perks, fleet with a buddy with a flare. You have enough burst damage to take out most enemies below 8K solo. You are not valuing burst damage. You want to do 26k damage but what good is that if your enemies heal up. That is why even though dps is significantly higher on standard cannon people much prefer heavy hitting weapons.
    3.3 second extra CD lowers your DPS, but ex cannon has AOE. Your rushing tactic without regard to whether or not your team is following you makes it so that you usually cannot capitalize on AOE shots every game. Apart from that I would suggest making for radius 2.5-3 to up the dps without making the base dps any more powerful than it already is.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2018
    Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

One must always calculate from an individual viewpoint first. Can't fleet every match. 2cd. Versatility of 1 slot weapons always win. Ex cannon is good. But not close to what it was before.

5. Miku Da Yo 39

You win some, you lose some, Versatility wins in general, but not for your case when you have 5 slot points and not capitalizing on the burst dps. I still see many defenders running double ex cannon and maybe a grenade or something.

6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

If you want to compare compare it the right way
    BC:
    1 slot ( can be used on any ship)
    Higher projectile speed
    Higher dps than ex canon atleast by 20
    No splash
    Reload time 11.1 sec
    EC
    2 slot ( cannot be used on any ship)
    Lower dps than blast canon ( yes it's dos is lower than its counterpart single slot weapon)
    4 less projectile speed ( slowest projectile in game in case of direct weapons)
    Aoe of radius 2 (which only works if splashed against object no water aoe like mortar and only 75% splash dmg)
    Reload time 14.4 sec
    200+ more dmg than blast at tier 5 epic all talents equipped
    PS: whats the pt of this thread anyway if you want to compare two canons just look in the bay the primary boat which used it have already replaced it for blast canon which already proves the pt EC is lot weaker than blast canon & there was a thread by jaws where players repeatedly proved how EC is weaker than blast canon.
    Or are you afraid that they will buff EC and you don't want it to happen

7. Miku Da Yo 39

You are so salty. I do not appreciate your reply.

8. Crashedup

No they are not.
    90% of the ones who could change to blast canon have already done so it's only f2p who couldn't change

9. Miku Da Yo 39

Get a Dev to say that to me.

10. Crashedup

You never have a pt or a logical thread you just make threads to nerf things and whenever I give you a logical reasoning you reply with some bullshit that being said m Outta here have fun creating ur new threads

11. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    It depends on what u want?
    If u want reliability, I would say blast
    If u want a shorter reload go for blast
    If u want to minimise the slot usage use blast
    If u want more damage use explosive
    If u want splash damage go for explosive

To be honest explosive damage isnt that much higher and at lower levels, blasts actually do more damage than explosive until u get past tier 4 evolution. Go for blast. Also be reasonable, most palyers wont get legendary tier 3s, only a few would even get to tier 2s.

Last edited: 11 Mar 2018
  12. Crashedup

Check top 50 or 1000 you are in nml you can do that urself.
    As I have said to you countless time do some research before posting something.
    It's high time listen to it.

13. Miku Da Yo 39

This isn't about me. It's just a thread for opinions. But when people like you push opinions, I want you to get moderated. Share and leave, don't enforce.

14. Miku Da Yo 39

That's true, explosive doesn't have much to it for lower level captains at all.

*JAWS* likes this.
  15. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Lol u guys got hostile very quickly, maybe we should all calm down. U both just have opposing views
    @Crashedup its not ur thread so u really cant start being this rude, if he wants to ask something on here, he can
    @Miku Da Yo 39 dont take the bait and start arguing

16. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Explosive > blast on speeder

17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, but affects the decision for a lot of players:

Blast Cannon directly conflicts with Sniper at multiple levels of the Bhurt training tree. Explosive Cannon does not.

If your weapon loadout includes Sniper Cannon, building Blast in parallel to it means you won't be able to realize the full damage potential of both.

18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I really do like both weapons.

But it' a well know fact that all double ex cannon users are salty and pissed about nerf.

And everyone of them is looking for an escape hatch. Or in the process of creating other weapons.

Once that happens. They will only keep 1 ex cannon on their ship.
    Ps.
    I speak to a lot of them.
    Most talk to me about going all blast cannon. Or 2 grenades and then an ex canoon/blast.

The factor not talked about enough here. Is the distance nerf to ex cannon. This is the game changer besides cool own. Now I know any weapon I fire... I will be in range of all enemy weapons getting hit.

So I have to choose sneakier options. The grenade carves around rocks.

The blast when fired curves over water and can fire thru smaller windows as I hide. Plus the speed of the blast shot almost always lands. Even against speeders.

Now If I am gonna straight bull charge. Ex cannon is still the choice. And hopefully I spook unfriends to cluster.

But if the choice is not bull charging. Blast cannon precision wins.

This is a funny discussion by the way.

There really is no correct answer. Just opinions.

SlayerofSergeants and Ian like this.
  19. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I can't really get you guys. A weapon must be stronger than other 1 slots because it has 2 slot points? Tell me that big berta is more powerful than long range or ballpark mortar in every way? Tell me that big torpedo is more powerful than swift torpedo in every way? Please don't bother, i can tell you: They are different weapons. Not just for points, they have different functions and none are superior to each other. Explosive cannon has nice AoE effect you know how is important in clustered enemies. You can deal high damage than blaster to more than one enemies. Of course explosive has low DPS than blast because its functionality but it isn't that much.

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

For defender i would choose 'BLAST' because the boat suits best for high DPS weapon (like std canon). Since, the blast and exp canon has downs vs ups almost neutralizing positive side of better.. Blast is better cuz of high DPS.Defender can't hit and run and come back after 14 secs...

For speeder, as ian said Explosive is go...

For shooter, since snipers is used by most of them, XP cabon (talent conflict)