1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Big torp needs a nerf/rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by a_creeper_won, 13 Nov 2017.

Tags:
?

Which one do you like

1. Choice 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Choice 2

4.8%
  3. Choice 3

38.1%
  4. ME NO LIKE NERF

57.1%
  1. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    So your point is that it can’t be big torp? Because t4 epic big would do 2000 dmg. Anyone can buy leges at any infamy level so it must have been a swift

2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    My point is that 1: it is a super fast big torp. 2. I have not seen any legendaries, save 2 that are not swift torps, and 3. Big torp can be buffed a lot by perks

3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

And everyone else's point is: 1&3) "super fast" though you may think it is, no big torp ever goes faster than swift torps with the same crew perks, regardless of attached item perks. Which legendaries you've seen isn't really relevant to the discussion, though. Big torp is fine. They just nerfed the combo so it isn't ridiculous when paired with frost any more, so just relax a bit, yeah?

A55A51N likes this.
  4. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

fix frost , nerf big torp
    its not the fault of the frost to become useless because its paired with something absurdly strong ,the big torp can score a 1200 as a T3 rare , thats absurd , the only ones they hurt are speeders , retarded shooters with 2 big torps did not get affected by all , and the main problem with big torp ( much spam for little consequences since they can shread any closing speeder with the remaining 3 weps)
    moreover , now with frost diminished they removed one of the intresting playstyles which is freeezing targets so they can get mortared , havent seen a frost cannon since the morning

Disguised and BasedCarpen like this.
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Big Torp is a high risk high reward weapon, its slow, and clunky, and misses often, so you should be rewarded well for direct hits.
    Shame frost has been nerfed, but balance changes are important for keeping the meta varied.

A55A51N likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It was a ham handed nerf, the devs are removing any incentive to try different setups and strategies when they cave to people complaining because they simply are not skilled enough to compete.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

With any PVP game, if a certain combo (FrostyTorp) is dominating the battlefield in terms of majority using it or it causing the highest win percentage, then balance changes will be made to bring it inline with the other weapons.
    I agree that this is a very hard nerf for frost, and that was clearly intentional by the devs to stop so many users having the same loadout.

8. BasedCarpen

One of the reasons they decided to nerf frost is because the people using it are a small minority so it's only a few people who will complain, the exact opposite reason of why they will never balance sniper crit chance. next nerf will probably high level carronade as a few speeders use them to point blank destroy people. They are set on forcing people to conform to boring setups

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Are you sure @BasedCarpen ?
    So they flip the coin, and nerf all the unpopular, unsuccessful stuff and force everyone to use the same loadout?
    I can tell you have been badly affected by the frost nerf, but not sure I believe Rovio are trying to kill variety.

10. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

So true. I've been hit by 1.4k damage big torps without seeing them, and that literally almost insta-kills as an mk4 speeder that uses turbo+bandage. It's splash damage is ridiculous, and so is it's minimum range. They should swap big torp minimum range with tri torp minimum range. That will buff a really underused weapon, and nerf a quite used weapon(I see like 2 every battle).

Clashinkov likes this.
  11. Disguised

Barely anyone used missile launcher and it got a nerf. Barely anyone used tesla shield(at lower levels) and it got a nerf. Barely anyone used Frost launcher and it got a nerf. 80% use shooter, where's the nerf?

12. BasedCarpen

Capture2.PNG

This is the popularity of weapons in nightmare for October 2017.

Again they nerfed Frost Launcher and kept the most OP overused weapon sniper cannon untouched.

Disguised and Ash KOT like this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

maybe those nerfs are questionable :)

Disguised likes this.
  14. Disguised

lol. Yes they are.

15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Thanks for sharing this, I appreciate the overview and that does throw a very valid argument towards the devs!
    Did you make the spreadhseet?

16. BasedCarpen

Obviously they don't flip a coin, stop constructing silly strawman arguments.

They cave to the masses complaining who rely on over powered weapons like sniper crit and cry about a small subset of proficient players who use a unique setup

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Silly Strawman arguments?
    I think you misunderstood me, when I meant flip the coin, I was implying turned the situation on its head, not a gamble!
    It was a question to make sure I had understood you correctly!
    Usually when a particular item / weapon / power / spell is so powerful everyone is forced to use it (sniper cannon!) it gets nerfed to keep gameplay varied.
    If Rovio are doing the opposite and nerfing the weak items that nobody is using then that is ludicrous!

18. BasedCarpen

For the record I don't want them to nerf sniper, I want them to stop punishing players who overcome commonly used setups. Again the majority of the players who regularly complained about frost and got their way were shooters using a sniper rifle as one of their main damage weapons. They can't accept anybody could possibly just be better than them using a different loadout they took the time to learn instead of copying others, they must somehow have an unfair advantage.

Clashinkov and Ash KOT like this.
  19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Totally agree with what you have written here mate, variety is key in these types of games and the only time nerfs should be implemented is when they are gamebreaking and so overused that Rovio have to step in to mix the meta up. You actually put forward a valid argument and it is as much a mystery to me as it is to you why frost has been nerfed so hard in this update.

20. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

a balance is not a punishment , it really needs a bit of working for a weapon with over 50% usage in nightmare
    but everything else you said i 100% agree with , shooters are little spoilt 6 yr old girls who want to have the best doll by complaining and nagging