1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Big bertha vs fire bomb

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Francescotubaro, 29 Aug 2017.

1. Francescotubaro

Francescotubaro New Member

Hi guys i have a mk2 shooter with rare lvl 5 cannon, uncommon lvl 13 sniper and l' m not sure about what putting as a third weapon. I want something that possibly takes the 2 slots remaining just not to waste space. I thought about Berta and fire bomb but l' d love any suggestions. I'm at 500 infamy more or less and just uprgraded to mk2. Thanks

Last edited: 29 Aug 2017
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Fire Bomb definitely.

3. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

BB will hit harder but will be harder to hit with. Fire bomb will likely get almost anyone as even if you are not it the blast radius, you can still take damage. At your infamy I would consider BB since nobody probably has much speed. Kind of depends on how much either is upgraded and if you have any burn perks. I'm actually using both of these on my Mk 5 shooter currently.

4. Francescotubaro

Unfortunately i don't have any burn perks :/

5. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

That's not a big deal. You can just combined them with cannons for additional damage.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Firebomb. Always

ShadowGearX and fr4nk1yn like this.
  7. disorder

disorder Active Member

bb is really slow... firebomb give you so much alert info : "i'm burning, hit me" far more funny

ShadowGearX and The Otherguy like this.
  8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Firebmb, hold onto Berta though when you upgrade. My mk4 shooter has Firebomb, Berta, Ballpark and sniper cannon

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

As a player that mostly uses dual FireBombs... FireBomb. Any burn damage gives the cannons a touch more damage. Plus they're pretty good against defenders.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Francescotubaro

But i have to train bhurt to have the additional damage from cannons right? Or is it just a thing?

11. ShadowGearX

ShadowGearX New Member

Bro I used fire bomb.. currently I am mk4 and I use 2 fire bomb and one sniper and a standard canon. Fire bomb is good.. Well i know that BB deal more damage. But its take time to reload (nearly 15 sec)..
    And Fire bomb takes less time. I suggest to use FIRE BOMB bcz it just create panic. The ship which is on burn.. really feel to be in danger your teammates will also focus on those targets who are burning..

12. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I've recently changed from Big Bertha to Fire Bomb. Loved the devastating effect of a direct BB hit (1600 damage for my rare one), but realised the only ships I could consistently around my level was defenders (without spending too much time on timing or relying on other factors - such as other peoples' mortars chasing them, or frost effects). It didn't use to be like this, but something changed somewhere between 2000 and 3000 inf, either ships become more nimble or players more aware - I don't know.

Flight time of FB is much less, so now I manage to hit more targets. Overall it feels like I do less damage with FB than BB, but with the compound effect of burn damage and cannons I think I come out slightly ahead overall.

I would love to see a breakout of weapons stats for each battle, it's really hard to know :)

fr4nk1yn and The Otherguy like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One more thing: Fire has a psychological effect on players. You dont care if you get hit by a mortar, but when someone drops a ton of incendiaries on you, YOU try strategizing. I use my stuff at 900ish infamy, and every1 starts running like headless chickens. Especially in chillzone

14. yttwgfish

yttwgfish New Member

I would Totally use Fire bomb I have Used it since 500 Infamy and now im at about 700

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Awrighty, guys! I just got a mk4 speeder. Gimme some good loadouts pls!