1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best ways to nerf DB ( poll)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 16 Aug 2018.

?

So, best Tesla shield nerf?

1. 10 second period where another Tesla shield can't be used

15.2%
  2. Limit use to 1 per ship

24.2%
  3. Make crit damage go through Tesla shields ( keep in mind that this is sniper buff)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Make all remaining damage go through Tesla shield

24.2%
  5. Make remaining crit damage go through Tesla shields ( keep in mind this is sniper buff)

3.0%
  6. Make TS break stun longer

6.1%
  7. Lengthen TS cooldown ( see 2 votes below)

3.0%
  8. HP nerf ( see below)

3.0%
  9. Duration nerf ( Please don't select this, I just had to put the standards on here)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Allow crits on TS. All remaining damage still absorbed.

21.2%
  1. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, that Enforcers are the only ship that can sacrifice turbo for other blue items. Just saying. :-$

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

NOPE
    20 hours old data (from NM league players)
    Screenshot_20180817-095153.png Screenshot_20180817-095140.png Screenshot_20180817-095131.png Screenshot_20180817-095120.png Screenshot_20180817-095113.png Screenshot_20180817-095048.png Screenshot_20180817-095044.png Screenshot_20180817-095038.png Screenshot_20180817-095021.png
    only 100% of shooters and defenders use turbo

What's Up Player likes this.
  3. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

what's wrong with the forums today? Most threads are about nerfing enforcer.

My ideas to nerf dbl bubbles are:
    • Add a frost effect to bubbles: it's similar to flag frost. This effect works when u use another bubble within 5 seconds after the first bubble is destroyed or expired. This works only on the second bubble.
    • Add a stun effect to bubbles: it's similar to broken bubble stun. This effect works when u use another bubble within 5 seconds after the first bubble is destroyed or expired. In other words, u will be stunned in ur bubble for 4 seconds.
    • Add a penalty effect: The second bubble will be unstable. There should be some gaps in the second bubble which will allow some shots to penetrate the bubble. This works within 5 seconds after the first bubble is destroyed or expired. These gaps will be visible to other players, and they should keep rotating around the ship. u need a well placed shot/lucky shot to penetrate the bubble.
    • Add an ability to destroy the bubble partially: Ex: Sniper with 750 dmg against 1700 hp bubble
    »»» 750/1700×100≈45%. This should break 45% of the bubble which will give u a window to lead ur shots in the bubble towards that noob.
    This works only on the second bubble.

Mr. Joseph likes this.
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Lol, you wrote that massive Nope yet enforcer in your sceenshot has lowest turbo usage out of all ships meaning that it can function fine without a turbo.

Or am I missing something?

5. ShipCrusherCz

yes, it has the lowest turbo usage but you are missing one thing
    he said:
    and that's not true, maybe my "NOPE" is too big but his statement is completely wrong, fixers and even speeders do sacrifice turbo for other blue items;)

edit: and if even speeders, who are meant to be fastest, can afford to use something else than turbo, why not enfos?

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
    What's Up Player and Nicolas like this.
  6. Nicolas

u finally wrote something logical.

Mr. Joseph likes this.
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Tesla Shock - After activating your first Tesla Shield, you are applied a Tesla Shock similar to the Tesla Stun Resistance. If you activate your second Tesla Shield before this shock wears off, your duration and HP will be cut in half. If your first Tesla Shield is broken, the duration of this Tesla Shock is doubled. The initial Tesla Shock lasts for 8 seconds.

Could tweak the values in there, but that is how I'd like to see Double Bubble nerfed.

Mad_Bulls_007 and Nicolas like this.
  8. Nicolas

Check my ideas.

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It's a good idea... I wonder where you got it from..... ;)

tesla shock.PNG

I don't love the mechanics change of the Tesla Shield. That seems like a lot of work.

ShipCrusherCz and Nicolas like this.
  10. Nicolas

Mr. Joseph likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Double bubble is being used EVERYWHERE in higher leagues and it's overpowered. When there's an overpowered item/setup, it needs a small nerf. The probatem is it's hard to nerf double bubble without hurting single bubbles.

Nitro is not overpowered, even double nitro. Sure, it gets you out of the way of torps and mortars, but you can run into a wall or mine. Both are... terrible. Sometimes you even run into another torpedo. You're complaining speeder's been killed a thousand times over? Nitro nerf will literally make speeder unusable.

Nerfing double bubble will make the overpowered setup harder to use ( and require more skill), as opposed to nerfing nitro absolutely killing speeder.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. SupremeCalamitas

Beautiful.

Poop there's no more room for questions :(

13. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Honestly, just reduce them to 1 per ship. Then you don't get these issues with nerfs to high level bubbles ruining low level ones. You just only get one per ship.

14. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

How about this?

Breaking a second Tesla Shield in 10 seconds stuns the user for additional 3 seconds (6 in total) and frosts him for 30%.

15. ShipCrusherCz

NO
    limit all items or none, nothing between

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. ShipCrusherCz

no (lol, is this refering to my profile picture?) but if devs limited tesshield to only one per ship, then there would be requests from players to limit /fire bomb/torps/mortars/nitro/flare/cannons/mine etc.
    why should be only one item limited to only 1 per ship, if it's not the only item that is problematic when used in pair?

17. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

So destroy the lower level bubbles to nerf the higher level bubbles instead of just capping at one per ship. Ooookay.

18. ShipCrusherCz

maybe just tweak the high level bubbles? or buff counters? or create new counters by adding new, NORMAL (not item killing) tesshield mechanincs?:rolleyes:

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
  19. SupremeCalamitas

The should simply say that limiting nitro would kill speeders.
    Just let the devs tell the players that there are some items that are CRITICAL for a ship to have multiple of, and that two bubbles was not one of them.

20. ShipCrusherCz

ok, then what should mk6 and mk7 enfos do with the slot? frost launcher is useless when compared with 1-point yellow items, so enfos would be forced to waste one slot point:rolleyes:
    btw have you ever tried enforcer?
    I played double nitro+OB speeder before, it's not necessary to use second nitro, you will do well with tesla bolt/frost blaster (kinda good)/tesshield (at higher mk)
    so removing second nitro would not kill speeder, it would affect YOU and that's the problem:rolleyes: