1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to fairly balance teams

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Darth Starscream, 18 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Calling baboons for baboons says what about me exactly? :)
    ---
    Winrates around 50% is what happens when a matchmaker is based solely (or predominantly) on performance/ability. If you gain infamy, you get matched against tougher opposition and eventually lose. I you lose infamy, you get easier opponents.

Its not rocket science & there is no nefarious conspiracy.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Sorry, but that sounds like an opinion, I am interested in factual information. Most of my matches in the 2000-2500 infamy range have fairly balanced total infamy so what I was interested in knowing, is the criteria the algorithm uses to assure the 50/50 win/loss ratio. Again, if all you have is your opinions, please note that they are not valuable or relevant to my question, I prefer facts, not personal guesses masquerading as common sense.

3. Kitterini

I can only show you the door, cant force you through it.

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Thank you for giving me a useless opinion based on a lack of any actual factual information. The irony here, is that you somehow believe that your opinion and observations are somehow more valid than other peoples opinions and observations. Oh well, there is clearly nothing valuable that will come from you regarding this topic. Thanks for trying.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2017
  5. Kitterini

What do you want me to say? You are unwilling to accept my explanation of how the infamy system works and what it is intended to do. Thats fine and if you want to disregard information you dislike as opinion, then that is fine aswell.
    You remain as unenlightened as you started, but that is mostly your loss. The sad thing for me, and everyone else having to read your nonsense, is that you will probably keep posting unfounded and absurd conspiracy theories. But alas, I tried.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Punctuated arguments? Extensive vocabulary? Not something I see all the time, especially in a thread about matchmaking.
    446E2AF9-B2D2-4F97-835D-D08FD6C8C2BB.gif

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Here is a second chance, please explain to us the mechanics of the Battle Bay matchmaking algorithm with facts (genuine knowledge), not personal feelings, intuition, guesses, or wishful thinking. Looking forward to something legitimate from you. Based on your past comments, im not optimistic, but who knows, you might prove useful after all ;-)

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Awesome post my friend!!

9. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

F0E303A8-7D63-49AB-916E-E054D4CB857B.png Against 4 speeders, nice!

10. Kean

Kean Member

how can you know unless you work for Rovio? I notice that you are full time 24x7 staying around this place to post messages.

11. Kean

Kean Member

Have you encountered the matched you with mk1 ships with a bunch of Mk4 or Mk3. I encountered 2 mk1 or mk2 in my team in the last 5 battles.

I guess many people are leaving the game so they have no choice but simply pair us.

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I will try
    @Spartacus @Kean
    Do you know the developers are here on forums and do you think they haven't already answered the questions you asked?
    What Kitterini and AntiSnipe are saying is because the thing you've asked is already explained previously by the developers of the game. It is not his personal opinion, intuition or whatever you mentioned above. The match making algorithm was explained by developers to community previously and after each update. If you want to know please seach through forums you may find it.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2017
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thank you. And @The Grim Repair , I'm sorry I was rude to @Kean and I apologize to him as well, since that's what a grown up would behave like. The provocation was extreme, but so was my reaction to it.

14. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Locked thread.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.