1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best use of excess gold?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pray For Cheesus, 23 Mar 2018.

1. Pray For Cheesus

Pray For Cheesus New Member

I’m starting to generate a large amount of excess gold and am wondering what the best use of it would be.

I have seen a few comments suggesting that purchasing common weapons from the shop and scrapping is better than buying parts and pieces from the shop. This is because it provides you with a chance to get legendary pieces.

Can anyone verify or comment on this?

If it is truly better, then what about uncommon or rare weapons? Does their increase cost get offset with an equally higher chance at legendary pieces?

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Pray, the chance for the legendary piece from scrapping a common is about 1 every 8 months (like 0.0001%).
    I don't know where you are with your weapons, but I would suggest stocking up on RARE parts early. If I could do it over again I would have started saving up rare parts from the beginning since Rare weapons are going to make you better the quickest and the rare parts are also handy for upgrading Epic weapons.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Either buy commons and scrap or purchase Epic parts from the shop and build them up. That is mostly what I use gold for. Sometimes I'll buy an Epic piece from the shop if I'm close to 10.

4. Pray For Cheesus

This is the stage I’m at, epics parts are definitely my bottleneck at the moment. Think I’ll just start focusing on that rather than trying to luck out on leg pieces.

Attached Files:

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yea, same here. I'd just focus on buying all epic parts from the shop.

Pray For Cheesus likes this.
  6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Scrapping commons is never bad. On top of the obvious common and uncommon parts, you gain rare parts and pieces, as well as (more rarely) epic parts and pieces. I personally also gained 2 legendary pieces from scrapping commons in 2-3 months time. That depends a lot on luck though, you could get 5 in the same amount of scraps, or none at all.

So overall, scrapping commons is great. However, if your upgrades are limited by a single resource (rare parts, or epic parts) you're better off buying it from the shop directly.

Oh, one more thing: scrapping commons also gives you rare and epic power cells. For some people, that could be important.

7. Pray For Cheesus

Awesome, thanks for the responses all :D

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have been short on gold my entire BB career. If you do nothing more than buy all the larger rare and epic part packages from the market you surely won't have any gold left, as I've always had more upgrades to do than parts available from the market. Also you have an Enforcer to upgrade, that'll deplete most of what you have as well.

9. Pray For Cheesus

Yep I think I’ve made the mistake of not constantly buying parts. I’m not particularly planning to upgrade enforcer so that’s not an issue, really not a fan of that class.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

So you HAVE played enfo before? I never did, it looked uncool at first, but I bit the bullet, and when I started off, I totally fell in love with it.