1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best use of Epic Power Cells?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 12 Sep 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ve got 120 Epic Power Cells left (or 4 lots of 30, for simplicity). These are the items I ‘could’ build, and their remaining power cell cost.

T3 Tesla Shield = 30
    T4 Big Torp = 30
    T4 Sniper = 30
    T4 Grenade = 50
    T4 Big Shield = 60
    T4 Frost Launcher = 60
    T5 Sniper = 70
    T5 Big Torp = 70
    T5 Grenade = 90

What would be the best way to distribute the cells, for a Speeder (and possibly Enforcer) build? (I already have t5 EC and t4 Blast and Flare)

Last edited: 16 Sep 2018
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I think that the grenades are a good idea, they are very reliable ( either grenade should be viable)

Big shield is also good, and you're l ft with 10 power cells ( if you chose the t4 grenade. If t5, you're gonna need some extra PCs)

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I tink you should do grenade to t5 and flare to t4. Both are reliable weapons usable on both enforcers and speeders, and they provide fire bonus damge to your bc and ec. And I think weapon levels matter more than the other categories.

Or you should give me your t5 ex cannon and then t4 your flare and give me that too :D

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think I agree with the above.. weapons are king. I'm struggling with Epic Cells myself... can't believe how few I have considering the small amount of epic items I've built.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

Maybe it’s a good job that I made this topic.

To be honest, I hadn’t seriously considered prioritising Grenade, up until now. Mainly because it is one of the more expensive options, and as a component of a burn combo, my Flare is much closer to t4. However, now that you mention it, running both EC and Grenade at t5, would be some serious Nightmare level ****!

Having said that, I do already have a small selection of ‘moderately’ powerful weapons. EC and Blast are both very respectable, I’ve also got legendary Mine and Swift (which I could eventually t2 with achievements), and three other Epics that I could t4 for just 30 Power Cells. So it’s debatable whether I really need to prioritise another weapon, especially when I’m still running Rare TS and Big Shield.

Big Shield is also expensive, but probably necessary.

Tesla Shield, I’m not sure about. I only have enough duplicates for t3 right now. That would still be better than my Rare TS, but only by 10-20hp. It’s probably not worth the resources ‘yet’, unless I really want to go double bubble.

I’m also on 9/10 yellow legendary pieces right now. If I’m lucky enough to pull a leggy TS, then I definitely won’t want to upgrade the Epic until I can get it to t4-t5.

If I pull a leggy Frost Blaster, then that might make Big Torp an interesting option, to run Frost-Torp (but that would then clash with Grenade). :oops:

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Get to scrapping commons :eek:

7. ViscountSniffit

Lol, I think when I’ve expended what I have, and made a bit of space in my inventory, then I’ll probably start farming Rares and scrapping them at level 11, to fuel the rest of my upgrades.

That will probably be quite a slow process, so anything I don’t upgrade this time, is going to be on the back burner for a very long time (poor Frost Launcher). I was also hoping to train up a Fixer, but I guess that isn’t happening either.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Yea, scrapping commons helps a lot too. Every 200k will give you around around 1 epic powercell and 3-5 rare pieces

9. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

120 epic cells, lucky you — I have only 32 left !
    I'd say the best use for them depends on what you're aiming for. If you want to climb up the infamy ladder, upgrade your strongest/favorite weapon. If you're a generalist like me, upgrade your weakest weapon first (so that none of your weaps will be a disadvantage).
    And whichever way you go, I'd upgrade the Big Shield first. Hit points are worth whatever you can spend on them.

10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Want these?
    2018-09-13_15.52.23.jpg

RNGeses won't give me epic dupes. Which is why I still have t2e flare, t2e standard shield at Ace II. I also have an t1e ex cannon that it won't give me any of. But I don't use it.

ViscountSniffit likes this.