1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best ship for a "long range" set up?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by StarBurstX, 16 May 2017.

1. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

I'm talking about staying a bit further back than your team using sniper cannon, long range mortar, and other high range weapons. What ship do you think would be the best to equip this kind of loadout to?

2. BEN

BEN Active Member

Top choice would be the shooter for the simple fact that it can equip the most number of weapons in the game.

However, if you plan to use ONLY 1 point weapons (Like sniper and LR mortar), might I suggest trying out the enforcer. The enforcer can equip a max of three (1) point weapons, plus has the ability to equip some yellow items. With this in mind you could partner your shots with a frost launcher(s) to help the team and increase your mortar damage.

3. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

I was leaning heavily towards sniper and lr mortar, thought about using a torpedo as well, but I'm not sure what other weapons have range as high as sniper tbh.

4. BEN

BEN Active Member

If your set up will have sniper and LR mortar, then adding a swift torpedo will compliment that build on an enforcer since frost also increases damage for all torpedoes. Other weapons with unlimited or long range are the railgun, big torpedo, tri torpedo. But the three are all (2) point weapons and wouldnt fit on an enforcer so you would have to play on a shooter. Cant think of any other weapons similar to the range of a sniper.

5. StarBurstX

StarBurstX New Member

Hmm. That was actually very informative because I didn't even notice big torpedo was 2 points and I had been thinking about using it for quite some time. I think I will change my direction towards swift torpedo and use enforcer as I do like the yellow slots.

Thanks for the help! :D

BEN likes this.
  6. GG.Easy

GG.Easy New Member

Using of two anipers is an option too

BEN likes this.
  7. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Use sniper and rail guns and learn how to lead a shot and hit moving targets from far away. And use a standard canon for close range protection. Perhaps... perhaps a firebomb too to maximize your canon's damage. That's my favorite kind of shooter to fleet with.

Remember, you are a Shooter, so learn how to shoot with accuracy. That's the most important skill to get.

D0m1no and BEN like this.
  8. D0m1no

D0m1no New Member

Onion Peeler
    +1 @P0rthos . I think you need a balance of long, Mid and short range weapon. There will be times when you are 1 on 1 with speeders/enforcers and the short distance weapons will help.

My current setup is missiles, sniper, railgun, cannon and mine.

9. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Long range is my game :) Shooter with 2x sniper cannon and LR mortar. The sniper cannons are great also in short range due to relatively short reload time and, of course, fast projectile speed to hit those pesky speeders. In good conditions I can deal massive damage in a short time if all 3 hit in succession.

10. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

I suppose you to use fixer because fixer job is to heal your teammates and stay back from enemies because if you die, your teammates also will die easily. So I recommend you to use fixer but for me, i still want to use shooter because shooter can hold many weapons. Hope this is usefull