1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best setup for Mk 5 shooter

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Nikkie!, 2 Oct 2018.

1. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Hello, I’m trying to get a good setup for my mk 5 shooter.
    I like the firebomb (level 14 epic) and sniper (level 40 rare)
    Now I’m searching for other weapons to use in battles, if you have any suggestions: Please tell me!
    Thanks for reading :p
    Greetings cute mk 5 Nikkie ;)
    (Wonderfull how many time it takes to write this and how fast you can read it xP)

HAPPY SITHSHA and X•H!B!T like this.
  2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    What do you currently have in your inventory?

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. Nikkie!

Oh thanks good idea... I’ll search and make a screenshot :D

HAPPY SITHSHA, X•H!B!T and Ash KOT like this.
  4. Nikkie!

Screenshot_20181002-170620.png I hope this is the good screenshot lol
    Btw, I'm most times fixer, but trying to switch after too much loses :)

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Oct 2018
    HAPPY SITHSHA and X•H!B!T like this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’d be looking to take off the rare cannon (too low damage, fast reload not needed on 5 weapon ship) and ballpark mortar (too low damage). I’d build up your fire bomb, and also get that rare blast cannon (with fire perks on if possible)

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

But I’d recommend that you stop trying to level up everything at once.
    Focus on one thing, and then move on to another.

Nikkie!, *JAWS* and Ash KOT like this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That is solid advice!

Nikkie!, HAPPY SITHSHA and JoshW like this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Do you mean the EC? Blast clashes pretty hard with Sniper in the trainings, and Sniper looks like his/her best weapon.

Flare+Exploding Cannon is a solid combo up close. Sniper is good on Shooters, and Fire Bomb.

I would suggest running your Napalm instead of Ball Park, and try to push people around with it. It doesn’t need to be powerful, and it looks exactly like Fire Bomb coming in, so you can scare people with the Napalm, see which way they are running, and then hit them with the real Fire Bomb, Snipe them while they’re burning.

If you’re going to run Cannon, then you should really get some better perks onto it. Running all burn perks would push its DPS up to something respectable.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2018
  9. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Everything above is good advice ..

But you'll have to pick a main ship to focus your epics on because epic power cells will become a huge issue for you unless you're willing to shell out several hundred dollars. I can't emphasize this point enough -- Treat those power cells like diamonds - do not toss them away carelessly!

Personally, I'd go with the fixer of the two. You can get much higher with rares and a lower mark ship with a fixer than a shooter ... and dual pulse fixers (even with the T1 legendary from the achievement) are incredibly strong through the late game.

There are several female fixers at the top of the leaderboard that could give you better advice once you get further along - if you decide to go that route.

Anywho -- Game Plan:

Step 1: Pick a "main" ship.

Step 2: Choose 8 or 9 epic items that you eventually want to use on your final setup. We can help you with that - with the number of items and slot points for Mk6+ and with the types of items that work best.

Step 3: Scrap the rest of your epic items (especially that STD mortar) .. and I know that may be painful, but trust me, it'll save you a ton of inventory space and give you the epic power cells/parts you'll need to level those 8-9 items.

Step 4: Use your epic cells and parts to build up those 8-9 items, as you collect duplicates of each. You can use uncommons/rares to fill the gaps until you get the epics you want.

Other comments:
    If you want to work on a shooter (or a 2nd ship) too, that's perfectly fine, but only use uncommon or rare items for it. You'll get plenty of those items, parts and power cells, so you don't have to worry about limited resources (power cells) there.

For a shooter, you'll need a decent turbo. For a fixer, you'll need a decent turbo, but you can eventually switch over to nitrous or OB to scoot you around the map and use two small shields for extra HPs.

Let us know. Good luck.

Nikkie!, *JAWS* and ViscountSniffit like this.
  10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Best shooter setups for early mk5 dominance.
    Firebomb and sniper.
    Might I suggest you level both as high as possible. And then spam those in events. Every event play hours and hours over the weekend. In 1 month you will have 10 million damage points each and have earned 1 legendary fire bomb and 1 legendary sniper. Then arm on your boat. 2 x fire bomb and 2 x sniper. Get your flare or ex cannon as the 5th weapon.
    Doing this plan will create a nice back row camper support shooter that consistently does 40k+ damage.

Side note. This was my mk5 shooter. And I used to kill mk6 and mk7 great captains all the time with it.

As for fixer. If you go that route. Suggest u level up a flare, mine, and sniper. Early and get achievements and earn legendary weapons. 4th possible fixer weapon. Ex cannon. Any combination of those weapons will have benefits to your friends team. Best of luck.

Jaws.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

You are the worst kind of shooter to play against :p lol just kidding.

On my shooter I usually run 2 long range (either big Bertha and swift torp or rail gun and swift torp), 2 midrange ( flare/ BC works well), and 1 short range (Carronade or standard cannon). This has worked well for me so far even though my weapons are under leveled. Pros to this setup: you can hit targets at any range and the ranges overlap both long and short, you can fight outnumbered or 1v1 since you don't have targets either to close or to far to where you can't hit them.
    Cons: You don't have maximum efficiency at one range meaning if someone is too close or to far you can't use all of your weapons.
    I personally like the trade off, i can hit them long range with BB which will pull them closer for my cannons.