1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best set up for F2P player ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Wizack, 8 Aug 2017.

1. Wizack

Wizack New Member

Hello everyone,

I recently started the game and i'm looking for help:
    I looked at the top players to see if the game is unbalenced, cause i couldn't decide the best boat to upgread. And i'v noticed that the speeder is the most played one.
    Bur i also understood that all these guys might have payed a lot of money to upgrade and get the best items.
    So my question is: what is the best build for a free to play player ? I guess that i takes a lot of time to get a full upgraded boat. So i'd like to know if at a low/mid level there is a strong one. (I'm only level 10 rn)
    I also would like to know what to choose on trees of the trained guys.

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    As a free to play player, you don't really get to decide which weapons you want to use. Just use what the game gives you, chances are you don't have the luxury to decide between many high tier weapon options

cgr3asy likes this.
  3. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

It highly depends on your style. Find the boat you like the best, the work your way from there. Levels don't really matter for build, it's the mks and upgrades that count. At mk 1, defender is fine. Mk 2 it's shooter. From there on, you should have decided on a boat to main based in your style. Stick with that one. Don't even bother thinking about the leaderboards. You won't get up near there in over a year.

cgr3asy likes this.
  4. Wizack

Wizack New Member

Ok ty and at mk3 what is the best ?
    Is it worth to upgrade green ? Or only blue items ?

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

By Mk3 you should have decided on which ship you like best, and you should focus on that one.

Are you going to play Fixer? If so, upgrade Green. If not, then don't.

cgr3asy and Miathan like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    This. Basically just try the ships out at your stage, there's no sense in picking the "best mk3" because soon enough you'll be past that stage and on to mk4 then mk5. That's why it's important to try them all out, and don't worry about your success rate with them as some ships are only good starting at mk 4 (speeder)

7. Wizack

Wizack New Member

What i ment was: should i upgrade items under rare (that is blue) cause i have only 1 blue and all pther are pretty commun (greed)

8. Flying Bananasaur

It depends on what the item is. Different ships have different optimal setups. That's why we need to know what ship you main right now

9. Wizack

Wizack New Member

That's why i wanted to know if there is ships that doesn't need to be mk5 pr 6 to be strong but more around mk2/mk3 cause i'm f2p and idk how much time i'll take me to get there and further.

10. Flying Bananasaur

mk4 has the widest range, from 800-3000+. There are basiclly no mk3 ships above 2000 infamy. Mk4 should take about only three months of game. mk5 will take about six months of game, assuming you play everyday. If your only desire is infamy, then fixer is the class for you. Fixer starting at mk3 has a higher than average potential infamy, if your good. at fixer mk3 you can go to 2000+, mk4 3000+, and mk5 can enter or be close to nightmare. If healing support isn't your style, then speeder is another option. Be aware that stars, gold, and sugar will be lacking. Finally, a large part of infamy is based on skill. Good weapons will only take you so far. But, in my opinion, don't worry about infamy, it will naturally rise as you get better. Also, don't get discouraged by losing streaks as they happen. Your win rate will balance out close to 50%

BTW: I'm F2P too. I also main fixer, so I may be a bit biased

Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
  11. Wizack

Wizack New Member

So mk3 there ud 2 options: fixer or speeder ?
    Why other ships have less potentiel ?
    As fixer main what is your build on mk2 ? Do you suggest me playing mostly shootet ? Cause i'm far from mk3 en i'm only lvl 10

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Even as f2p you will reach mk6 eventually, just takes time (and sugar farming).
    For f2p I reckon Fixer is probably the Most relevant boat at mk5.

More than anything I would advise you to focus on rare gear, the time required for f2p to assemble viable epics is absurd (as in 3-5years depending on luck).

13. Wizack

Wizack New Member

What ship do you suggest right now (i can get mk2 and mk3 in few days/weeks)

14. Kitterini

Now is the time to try out the different boats and get a feel for what you like. Rerolling later on is a massive pain. Anything will be viable at low mk and there is no need to consider lategame balance yet, that will change 5 times before you get there.

Flying Bananasaur likes this.
  15. Wizack

Wizack New Member

For the training is there a tips to level up faster ? Should i focus on specific ones ?

16. Kitterini

Generally the logic is left to right. With the ones on the left being faster and cheaper.
    But focus on the ones that boost the boat and items you are using - Long term you will end up with 4-5 crew members requiring more sugar than your sugarcap and then having to want a few levels pr step further. No need to overthink it. If in doubt all boats will benefit from a high level Swift and Brock, also find the 5% boost to x for all ships talents (all the early ones around lvl 10 is well worth going for)

17. BEN

BEN Active Member

One thing that can really help you is crew talents. If you are pure F2P, then stick to just 1 ship and get all the talents that boost that ships stats. Same goes for item talents. As much as possible just try to get 1 item per crew tree. Like cannons for example, try to decide what kind you like (standard, sniper, blast, explosive) and stick to just that kind of cannon so you can get all the crew talents for it.

Swarlos likes this.
  18. Wizack

Wizack New Member

And you BEN what do you think is the best boat to focus on ( at mk2 or mk3 ) for f2p ?

19. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

a nice shooter can always win at your level (which is mine too, pretty much) but a good, solid fixer is always the best, even though it is really hard to play.
    but the thing is, shooter is outclassed at ace 1-nightmere unless you are realy good at it, while fixers are always relavant.

20. BEN

BEN Active Member

It depends on your playstyle. What I like might not be the same for you and vise-versa. Dont think of just MK2 or MK3 ships, since you will only be in that level for a short while. You will spend the majority of your time using an MK5 and 6 which is end game or near end game since now there are MK7s lol. So choose what you like and stick to it.