1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply BB lore?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Epekka, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

that is just a mechanic change. The crew is still there i believe.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

So, to compile what we know, interspersed with some of my own ideas: Warfare in the 2020s (possibly chemical) led to rising floods. What was a large continent in 2035 was almost completely underwater by 2057, and with just one settlement remaining by 2071. At some point during this period, the government run Wayward Institute near Baton Bay began to genetically modify humans into a smaller, powerful subspecies capable of surviving and fighting in flooded, toxic conditions. Around the time of the continent submerging (likely earlier) the warrior subspecies rebelled and attacked their human creators. Most humans are killed, with a few survivors possibly in the remains of Baton Bay proper. An underground bunker at Midfight could have been active as late as 2088, but then suffered a catastrophic breach due to water pressure on the worn rocks and rusting metals shielding it, or crew members torpedoing it (two of my theories). The warrior subspecies, meanwhile, has organized itself into scavenging tribes, who roam the waters around Baton Bay and its nearby area (the Home Island as we know it), forging weapons, ships, and armor out of whatever human junk they find and clashing with their neighbors over supplies of resources such as gold, sugar, pearls, power cells, and parts, sometimes forming loose alliances (normal play) to do so. A few crews form tighter, more cooperative relationships with each other and work towards a common, less short-sighted goal (fleets/guilds). This is the present state of the world of Battle Bay, until more lore is made evident in some form.

This is the basic lore as best as i could put it, let me know what y'all think :D

Last edited: 4 Nov 2018
    Ultrah, Sidd gamer, Epekka and 2 others like this.
  3. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

This seems kind of trivial, but on Damage Depot, on the gas station looking structure above the 10,000 IQ buses, a reference is made to something called "Jet". This seems to me like some sort of fuel ued in them there engines... could it be that our crew members have gotten their greedy paws on some Jet and are using it in varied amounts in their Nitros and Overboosts?

4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

@Dmg don ! Have you dug any more evedence up for us?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Icey

Icey Member

Well... the devs said they're on a break and working hard inside the ships.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    This thread got unpinned :( Time for me to do my duty and bump it back up.:cool:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Screenshot_2018-11-30-09-31-47-43.png Screenshot_2018-11-30-09-33-51-85.png Screenshot_2018-11-30-09-36-32-61.png Screenshot_2018-11-30-09-38-23-02.png Screenshot_2018-11-30-09-36-32-61.png some do creep me out but IDK this is apart of the lore idk.
    Hope you liked it

Nikkie! and Sidd gamer like this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    JoshW likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Who would do such a thing?

It's blasphemy of the highest order.

11. TheAntiSnipe

Also, I noticed something.
    The ships in BB correspond to two distinct art styles.

One is the highly refined style of ship building. These ships look like their components were custom-built to be put on to EXACTLY that particular ship. For example, the Reaper, speeder and Guardian.

The other is a thrown-together style that says that the ships were built in the fashion that the makers had no resources to spare. For example, the shooter, defender, interceptor and enforcer.

I'm unsure about the fixer since tbh it *used to* be among the first category but now, looks like the second category(it didn't have that branded tow thingy back then, the tow was generic).

However, my theory is this: One of the factions in the game is super rich and has a lot of resources, and is probably the "invader". The other faction are the "rebels" who are low on resources and are desperately crafting ships from thrown-together tools.

12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I think it's mainly that those are just because the old mk upgrades looked like they were adding extra armor plating and stuff, but the new ships don't have older marks, so they won't have undersides of plates that you can kind of see with enforcer and fixer. T
    In my opinion the new ships don't have as much depth in their designs, or nearly as much detail.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Even the mk7 enfo looks crude. The speeder looks advanced but it is by no means badly detailed. No, the designs for every ship were pretty damn good(though Guardian looks a bit drab) but I think the factionlike styles are pretty implicating ;)

14. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I don't know man the enforcer has got some weird electrical generator thing and it looks pretty advanced, except for that dopey car battery strapped to the back. Also I meant the premium ships, none of them have spaces in their armor, it's just one big shell, they also don't have cool details like the enforcers jets, the speeders paddles moving at different speed to turn, and the defenders hulking motor thing you can see in the back, and the fixers hazard light. There's nothing like that on interceptor or reaper, which is a real shame.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Interceptor does seem to use weird propellers(reminds me of Archimedean screws) while Reaper looks the part of a cutting-edge combat medic. However, yeah, Guardian as I said looks a little drab.

16. Bunnywabbit

Bunnywabbit Member

So I've been thinking what the hell is wrong with these people

And the though of someone in the fighthouse lighthouse is creepy

Last if the capitol is run down;
    could we have a map of that too like maybe a lake formed there?

17. Bunnywabbit

Bunnywabbit Member

How did little tiny people figure out how to make energy pulses?

18. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

5FBCD8FB-59BB-4A1F-84AA-34D3DA07477E.png I like the artwork on the guardian event.
    Looking at all those ships firing crazy weapons:)

And there is a big ass Shark in the water

Sidd gamer and Nikkie! like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Damn, just noticed the shark lol
    #BiterVibes

Nikkie! and Djradnad like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

N.O.I designs the guns ;)

Nikkie! likes this.