1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay Trick Clips

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by BITTERSTEEL, 18 Jul 2017.

1. Ability6

Ability6 Member

Holy crap! I have to admit I feel pretty dumb that you had to point out something that should have been obvious to me, but Thank You! That is exactly what I wanted. I feel like I've been playing with one hand behind my back. :eek::eek::eek:

BITTERSTEEL likes this.
  2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Any tips on what to do when I draw them out but my teammates are looking and shooting at somebody else instead of helping you?

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

I'm not as wise as Bittersteel but I personally would use the attack emote to target the player

thatnerdchic likes this.
  4. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

^ This.
    As a RailGun user I find the attack emote especially useful. When I land a significant hit on unfriend I find using the attack emote on them will have at least one or two team mates start helping finish them off. Even bad team mates will usually respond to a call that says "hey easy kill to pad your stats over here!" ;)

5. CheekyDevilGod

It works with rail gun cause it can turn a player with full hp into somebody with three fourth hp in 1 shot but I don't use railgun.

Very rarely do I get teammates who actually respond to my calls. Anyways, this is bittersteel's thread, let us please refrain from spamming here, allow him (or her, idk) to respond and post videos. (My bad, shouldn't have asked advice in a video hosting thread).

6. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

It's cool haha, post away. As for your previous question, just try to spam emotes between cooling down. If your team isn't watching, well, nothing you can do about that. That baiting move is very risky and works best when they're playing defensively. Like all strategies, the risks you take are subject to who's on the other side, the map, etc. etc. In that game i would have been fine with taking them both on alone, because of infamy differences I noted at the start of the match but every game is different!

CheekyDevilGod likes this.
  7. CheekyDevilGod

I thought it'd work better if they are on the attack o.o.
    No wonder I get killed easily. Anyways thanks

8. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

Ok thanks for the tips

9. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I have trouble seeing in game texts because my thumb is so big.... lol

10. BITTERSTEEL

Pretty self-explanatory. You won't hit anyone if you don't take into account your mortar shell speed, the enemy's speed, and where they're going to be when your mortar lands.

Splash0rboy3000 likes this.
  11. CheekyDevilGod

I've tried following the highest infamy guy, I usually stay behind the defender or in front of the fixer but decided to take your advice.

It hasn't been going well for me naturally, many times than not, the folks who are top infamy often end up leading the team to death.

Must I certainly follow behind the highest infsmy player or is it okay to merely follow his strategy?. What do I do if the top infamy is a speeder? (Can't follow him and keep with him, he's supposed to be alone anyways)

Also, what do I do if I'm the top infamy guy and got no idea what to do? (I'm used to following other people's lead, never leading people, players don't listen to anything I emote most of the times anyways).

12. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think you might have more fun doing the animations than getting game footage for the videos ;p haha

13. BITTERSTEEL

I don't know what to tell you. My reasoning behind following top infamy guy is that they probably know what their doing. Keep in mind that sometimes I KNOW the top guy isn't very good from previous battles, and that he/she probably got lucky to get their rank that high.

If it's a speeder, you don't have to follow them, but try to back them up and take advantage of their scouting. (When a teammate scouts ahead and sees an unfriendly player, your ENTIRE team can see that enemy, while the other team can only see the scout. Huge tactical advantage.).

As for what to do when you're top player on your team, pay attention to team compositions and the map. Play aggressive if you have no fixer and they have a fixer, and defensive in the opposite situation. If you recognize players from the other side, play accordingly. (For example, if you know that an unfriendly player likes to spam mortars and torps, you're going to have to play aggressively and take them out quickly). When I intend to lead, I try to rally my team behind me from the very beginning. I shoot my team with carronades, spam "together!" and I ALWAYS look around me to ensure that they're with me.

Once you keep playing, playing, and playing, you'll become more situationally aware to the point where basic pro strategies will become natural to you.

Haha, I admit, animating is actually super fun!! Maybe I'll start a animated series set in the Battle Bay world...

What's Up Player likes this.
  14. CheekyDevilGod

Understood, thanks.

15. BITTERSTEEL

Let's take it back to the very basics. Map movement sounds like the simplest skill you can learn, but even at my level you see people who don't know where to be.

For one, ALWAYS glance at your radar. Unless it is ABSOLUTELY essential to get somewhere quickly, NEVER move to engage an Unfriend if it means that your back is exposed to their teammates. Go the safe route. It is slower, but remember that you have five minutes to win. Take your time and play it safe. You will be victorious!

16. BITTERSTEEL

I wasn't planning on making a new video so soon, but in light of the support that Rovio's Community Team has given the Battle Bay Trick Clips series, I just had to whip up another clip. Enjoy!

Ability6, LOLdude and Ultrah like this.
  17. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

This proves high burst damage is better than decent dps when the enemy has a fixer.

18. BITTERSTEEL

I think so too. Even "stressing" out the enemy fixer into slipping up is a good play, or making them use up their three heals by firing an high damage aoe and switching to point damage to clean up one target at a time.

iRSS likes this.
  19. troy0619

troy0619 New Member

You know what I hate? That there are always guys who don`t want to hget killed while you are doing all the work. Wish there was a way to ban these campers.

BITTERSTEEL likes this.
  20. BITTERSTEEL

Thank you for 1,000 subscribers. Regular uploads are coming soon!

The Otherguy likes this.