1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay is getting boring according to some players, because of no real updates, true?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 7 May 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

The last couple of months I have heard a lot of people complaining about the lack of real updates in Battle Bay. Except for some graphic changes and a theme song, nothing has been added. No new maps have been introduced since November (I believe), no new ships, no new weapons or any other real changes for that matter, apart from some very minor changes.

Some even say they let Battle Bay die a slow death. Sounds a bit harsh and I don't know where they get their info. But some are spreading this, which is not good for the moral I can say. So, I hope someone can refute this gossip. But they are right, that Battle Bay becomes a bit boring after having played the same maps for over a year and the newest one over six months.

To keep the game fresh, alive and the people interested, there need to be some real updates soon.

One or two new maps, and at least one new boat are more than welcome and long overdue. I woul like a map in the forest, with creeks and so on and small islands.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 7 May 2018
  2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

My impression of a new map, very crudely made I know. (it is too warm for me here, so hope that excuse will do and was a bit of a joke)

New map.jpg

Last edited: 7 May 2018
    Cryix and What's Up Player like this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Or, you know, we all could race?

8A922B39-CD64-40FF-A245-3BD63C457150.png

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

lol, a lot better general! You should have won a 1000.000 sugar for your input :D

Ultrah, The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t, personally, feel that the game needs ‘more stuff’, what we need is ‘better stuff’.

The issue for me is that it’s so painfully slow and expensive to try anything different (even with the stuff that already exists).

Something as basic as swapping perks or crew talents, is prohibitively expensive and slow, let alone trying to swap ships and weapons.

I also find that a lot of battles (almost every battle really) is very Shooter heavy, which kind of adds to the monotony. Even for non-shooters, the number of viable builds is quite small. That’s a balance issue IMO.

7. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

-Buff defender
    -Don't nerf anything (sniper cannon lol)
    -New maps
    -New ships
    -New items (such as PEM, an electromagnetic pulse than disallow all enemy yellow items for 5 seconds, 20 sec cooldown and 2 slot yellow item)
    -Guild wars 5vs5 support in-game
    -Voice chat or Custom battle chat
    -BETTER MATCHMAKING, 1 fixer in each team, or no fixer in both.

One of these and i'm happy.

8. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

they do update every 2 months, only once for 3 months. it is the second time for a 3 months update

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

to be honest. bb is dying. for a year after release there only 2 new weapons and 1 new map i guess. basically no new content at all. another thing is that dev try to suck blood from player while letting the game dying by nerf most used iteams. most of the time not for balance reason, just want to see big wheals spend more cash, they dont care about majority player base quit the game during this kind of nerfs, they just want more money before the game die.

danielCragere likes this.
  10. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Quit then. Nobody is forcing you to play, nobody even cares if you play or quit

11. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

That's the problem, no one cares, neither you, me or ROVIO. That guy could posibly spend some bucks but he feels unhappy about the game.
    Yesterday i was cleaning my friend list and i found out 15 or 20 guys who quit the game, one of them with a couple of legendaries, he throw money for nothing.

super_sonic181, Hokuse and TheFixer27 like this.
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

New items and ships are not the answers. That is a temporary stopgap that only places a band-aid over the bigger problems. New ship = new crew members and more training. New items are not great because it is too expensive to upgrade. These would be welcome additions, but will not solve any issues.

I think there are 3 main things that need to happen:
    1. The game needs more game-modes and events. The anniversary event was neat and is a good sign. We need variety in the way we play too. 2v2, special rules, set ship loadouts, etc. I've posted about it here: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/battle-bay-needs-tavern-brawls.17156/

2. It also needs a completely reworked system to encourage new players to keep playing. Nightmare reset might need to be scrapped. If not, then something else needs to be done to revamp the game for new players. Seal clubbing has got to be exterminated.

3. Lastly, the game needs better balancing of the current items. If devs made frost usable, that would feel like a "new item." Balance updates need to be made more frequently so that it is gently massaged into tune and not beaten into submission.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

2 modes the current would be blitz.
    More tactical based which should affect infamy should be objective based, no whales only skills.
    Competitions and Scaling of ships and items accordingly.

14. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I've been frost killed a couple of times in the past two days. I got rocked by an enforcer with frost blaster and big berta, then by a speeder with frost blaster and big torpedo.

Those two combos aside, I still see a number of frost launchers.

I'm not convinced the combo is entirely dead. The nerf was heavy handed and drove people away from it, but from what I've seen, it is still viable.

The biggest issue is people shooting a frosted ship with a cannon or something silly instead of getting the full potential from the bonus damage with mortar or torpedo.

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Life is short. If you truly believe the above statement, why are you wasting your time playing the game and then coming onto forums to tell everyone that you think it’s dying? You’ll be much happier if you go and do something that you’d enjoy instead.

16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Separate infamy ladder where matchmakng is based on gear score + MK + captain level. Rating would therefore be based much more on skill. No rewards except pearls to ensure people still keep grinding the P2W ladder.

Flint and The Otherguy like this.
  17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Am I the only one who is against new ships and weapons? It's hard enough to get duplicates as it is!
    As for new maps, yeah, a new map would be cool, but not necessary.
    I would rather a they balanced an OP/UP item than add a new one. Imo the only new item needed is a 2-slot green.
    What the game needs most atm (Imho) is another gamemode.

18. John Doe

John Doe New Member

The fact that we talk about whether the game is dying is or not, tells you that it is indeed dying.

Whatever update they come up with, whatever canned message of assurance Grim Repair gives us, it won't get the inactive players back because it's too late. Most of them have already moved on from the game.

Rovio is just riding it till it pays no more. At least we got a Soundtrack! LOL!

danielCragere and Bo Oetjen like this.
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

By that same logic, if I start talking about a giant octopus named Bert from outer space being about to become the new ruler of the world, then it must also be true.

I talk, therefore it is true. All hail Bert, our new overlord.

20. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Let's go down to Mexico and start a UFO religion!