1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandage or Turbo on speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by WilbertCh, 3 Jun 2017.

1. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I use speeder mk 3 and use an epic turbo with +25% perks. I saw in other forums, lots of them(speeder user) use bandage instead of turbo. Should i use bandage too?

2. Steven

Steven Active Member

I'm mk4 and run 2 bandages, heals a lot fast...but iv goda run overboost and turbo to keep the speed up

3. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Use both?

4. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

My thoughts eventually will be to have a turbo, small shield, and bandage for my speeder.

5. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

Mk3 speeder only has 1 blue spot

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Possibleh at mk4

7. Steven

Steven Active Member

Switched over to overboost, nitro and 2 turbines. 95% of the games I die but I'm usually able to get in some good hits.

8. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

I believe in regards to the OP's original question a turbine is very important as a speeder (the name implies speed is what you have as your best defense). Your HP's are lower so you need speed to help make people miss (as well as mis direction). A turbine helps you keep going when your overboost is on cooldown. I have often been able simply to move out of a mortar simply due to my normal speed. I am thinking even at MK4 (as I am MK3 right now) my next blue item will be a large shield. It will provide a huge boost in HP's. As you move up everyone's guns hit for a ton more so when you get hit, it's better to have the buffer than I think to be able to get 20 or so hps every 5 seconds. I guess someone can math it but I can simply say a huge chunk of HP's will help for when you do get hit. You can't regen if you don't have the HP's left over from a shot or two.

9. Steven

Steven Active Member

I love the bandage but like u I really don't think they help much unless u run 2 at tier 3 or higher

10. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

End game..

Turbo, Small Shield, Bandage afaik

11. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

Actually I would say Turbo, Large Shield, and bandage. You have the slots to fit a large shield and it offers a ton more health. Go Large.

monobrow likes this.
  12. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Sorry yes, spot on

13. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

All good kind sir. Speeders R US.

14. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Here my 2 cents! :rolleyes:
    Speeder, the name say it, need Speed and "Swift" is my best Friend, so Turbo is a MUST, as well as a powerful Over Boost and don't forget Nitro!
    A rare T4 Turbo reaches the maximum Speed of a MK4, which is 1.62. A rare T4 Over Boost with relevant Perks gives 90% more Speed for 9.5 sec with 10 sec Cooldown. Don't forget to push the Speed Button and calculate the Switchdelay. Epic T1 Nitro is fine to jump out of Mortar Range, but not too far away to get elsewhere in trouble.
    A MK4 Shooter only provide you with 2 T2 Blue Slots , so either a Turbo and a small Shield OR a Big Shield.
    And yes a Shield provides you with a huge Amont of HP.
    But every Hit it takes - the HP is gone and it's never come back!
    Earlier in the Game I found Bandages also unnecessary and I scratch my rare T2 Bandage for Parts. :oops:
    Conditioned to my developing Playstyle, I become more and more often in a "Last Men Standing" Situation, at the End of a Battle, versus one or more enemy Ships, without the Help of a Fixer and running out with the last drops of HP.
    I was lucky and found 2 epic Bandages in Reward Boxes :cool:, so now provides me a T2 Bandage every 5 seconds witch 50 HP's. That's 600 HP in a Minute, the amount a T5 rare Standard Shield has. That's works fine for me, not in every single Battle, but it's healing over the whole time. I'm hoping for more.

I'm a Torpedo Fan!
    I think it's the perfect Weapon for a Speeder, to sneak beside or behind the enemy throng and fire my Tripple Torpedos and be away before they realise where and who was shooting. Unfortunately the Tri'tops take a T2 slot, so there is no Slot remaining for a second Weapon on a MK3. But so what, there's the Swift Torpedo!
    It takes only a T1 Slot and with the Frost Blaster it's an impressive combination, I got a lot of Experience with, on my MK3 Time. And don't underestimate the contribution for your team using a Frost Blaster, you earn mostly a Star for using!
    My main weapon is the Sniper Canon - long Range with Highspeed Projectiles and a deadly Crit Chance, with Perks 25% - not so difficult in aiming like others.
    Several were thinking they're escaped from the Cyberfisch when they received the final Hit from my Sniper! The high Reload Time i gladly accept.

I hope this post can be helpful, maybe it sounds a little pretentious. It takes a year, since Softlaunch of BB to get so far, apologize me for that.

monobrow and NcDiablosaur like this.
  15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games

U can go Turbo, BIG shield and Bandage.

16. IOError

IOError New Member

I run this same setup on my MK4 and I get the same results. I die about 90% of the time but usually I've taken out one or two opponents given my team some help in the distraction territory. I'm rarely the first person to die on my team too. Though I'm thinking of switching out my Nitro for a Tesla Shield.