1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Changes on July 14th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 12 Jul 2017.

1. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Be prepared to meet a bunch of salty bananas because you (overdramatic voice) took a whole 8-12% of their health! Fun fact: It's like the sniper nerf, it is miniscule and you probably won't even notice it.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

A speeder withought the stun is basicly a dead ass speeder JS. And no I don't use one on my speeder....1v1 I know ima die unless I land a big torp

3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    LOL.

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Balance Patch 14th of July: The Salty Bananas ;)
    I like it!

5. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

That's the point. Overall balancing. Shooter with 8k HP and me yellow mk5 with 2.5k hp. Gonna take a while killing a ship with a lot of HP. Plus we yellow boats are quite slow now. I didn't quite agree with nerfing of the enforcers on the early beta balancing. They blamed it on ship instead of fixing their server.

6. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I understand where you're coming from, but I saved up and bought my first rare tape. I've since gained to more. Will have it lvl 30 in a week or so. Maybe just luck of the draw, but I helps to just grind it out to purchase your first.

7. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Thats why I don't spend money.
    And I still got 2 epics at 384 infamy!

8. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    16 seconds incapacity in a game this quick is freaking ridiculous and unbalances the game.

9. *Rubber Duck*

11k hp compared to 3.5k hp is ridiculous aswell, esp with multiple weapons that blast for 600hp atleast. Also....can Stun even get up to 16 secs?

10. B2B

B2B New Member

Whenever changes like these are introduced, the first thought that should come to mind is 'what it's based on' which in this case is the nerf to speeder hp throughout all mk tiers from 4 onward. Although you're a non spender, like many others, the best way to address any concerns on imbalances is to only factor in what each ship is currently capable of at their maximum potential. Speeders have a dangerously high threshhold in their ability to manage sufficient speed and relatively high hp in end game, which is already a red flag because that isn't what they were designed for nor is that a speeder specialty. Sucks that starter players who plan to main speeder will have to take this hit, but once they near end game it will be painfully obvious that this nerf was necessary.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2017
    *Rubber Duck* likes this.
  11. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    We also have a very salty american marauder xD

12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

The top 50 doesn't represent all Speeders especially at lower levels.

I'm ok with the nerf at end game, but cmon. Not us MK4s.

behumble likes this.
  13. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

I still don't agree that nerfing is the way to go with a game that doesn't offer much diversity. However, taking away the health of a speeder (dominant ship) was probably the best choice in balancing as being speedy has to remain their best trait. Duct tape is still stupid and will forever be scrap material but it's nice to see changes to the repair bolt.

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  14. DiabloX Tran

DiabloX Tran New Member

So mk4-5 speeder is a joke now?
    My mk4 speeder got 1.8k hit point atm, and up in ACE league, ppl using lvl 3,4 epic or even legendary weapon, I basically die in 2 or 3 hit.
    What am I suppose to do then, switch to other ship? Since i put everything into speeder atm, I don't have that much patience to lvl up few more items/ ship though. Or should i spend a small fortune to be competitive? F*ck off, I'm done.

HyperstaticDan, lolawola and Renev like this.
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Repair Items
    • Duct Tape increase was something I knew was coming. Duct Tape has become the replacement for the loss of healing in the Healing Pulse. Looks like we'll see more Fixers using them.
    • Repair Bolt. Changing it to a 1 slot item made a lot of sense, the item was still inferior to the Healing Pulse and it's more a supplementary item to the Fixer, and it's only pro is the ability to negate effects.
    I don't think there's a lot of change here. The repair bolt is still very new and I'm sure it will require more data and actual battle usage to see the actual effectiveness. I sense it may need to be buffed more and possibly some changes to the actual projectile speed, range, or behaviour.

Speeder Nerf

• Hitpoint Talents & Ship Hitpoint reductions. I think this will make the Speeder class even harder to play, personal opinion but Speeder is one of the more difficult to play classes. Players that has success in this class has the most reflex, positioning smarts, and the ability to compensate shooting weapons with momentum(try overboosting + nitro and shooting at the same time while leading a shot on Crash & Burn! ). I can confidently say that players in this class would have success changing to any other ship and playing well. Why do these players choose speeder? @Kitterini It might not be meta, it's the most mobile and versatile, and for Teamplay, being able to strike and flank and quickly change position becomes a preference for these players. They are best in that class because they can play at their full potential. It's basically the best players in the game choosing it, what's meta about the speeder is the player, so Meta players choosing the Speeder not the other way around.

For myself, It's quite difficult already at 3.3K Infamy and up as a MK5, the lack of speed with the Overboost reduction has made the Speeder less of a mobile scout. With the reduction of Hitpoints, I can see this will affect my survivability a lot lower. @American Marauder already says(You suck! 400 damage fool or something along those lines) that I'm not effective in Nightmare League ranges and I agree with him (all rares items can only carry you so far even with skill), MK5 Speeders really have no place above 3500 Infamy now. I think I might transition to becoming an enforcer instead.
    Frost Launcher Buff
    • Cooldown decrease and Projectile speed increase. Cooldown makes sense. Not sure why the flight time was needed. The frost launcher is used more at high level, and it's nearly unavoidable even at it's current flight / projectile speed due to it's huge Area of Effect. Rather than increasing the flight time, look at the variable decrease stats/percentage based on accuracy; Increase it's effects on outer ranges of the hitzone / area of effect when it's off center / target.
    Missiles Nerf
    • Cool down increase and Projectile speed decrease; This was much needed, finally! Out of all the weapons, aside from the harder to grasp with aiming, it seemed very overpowered. Once the user has mastered how to aim them, they can hit and deal massive damage to any target very easily. There's no chance of avoidance, and it shoots over walls have a massive long range, and the explosion shakes the victim's camera angles enough to lose target. It's a very spammy weapon that even when it misses, causes confusion.

I appreciate the heads up, it's definitely good to communicate openly with your user base. I know there needs to be balance in this game, but to be honest, I think we're all in shock a bit how quickly these balances came this time around. Rather than tweaking with Rapid succession, it's probably better to sit back and see more of the data/results rather than making changes after a few short weeks. @Miathan Brings up a good point, most players haven't even started adapting / using these new items yet. Give it time!

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
  16. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

600 ? More like 1500 / 2000 damages at minimum.

17. WarCream

Hahaha ofc he just invested quite a lot on this game obviously.

18. B2B

B2B New Member

It was a rhetorical question. The idea is a terrible one, no offense to him.

Babablacksheep and WarCream like this.
  19. WarCream

So any plans on buffing the enforcer and defender? @Stebbi

20. *Rubber Duck*

Just tlkn about base damages ,I know crits hit much much harder but ur normal hit is around 600 am I wrong?