1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing Changes on July 14th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 12 Jul 2017.

1. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

I agree with everything here and think this was really needed, but I don't see people ever use the missle launcher. I was thinking of upgrading my two epic ones and trying it out since I don't see any body using it. My guild mates even told me it was a bad weapon, so why the nerf?

Veerasak2524 and iRSS like this.
  2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Speeder nerf hurts. But I still play speeder as a second boat and the ob nerf didn't affect too much, so speeders can take this hit too. Like the other changes and agree with WarNet on the sniper cannon.

Veerasak2524 likes this.
  3. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

A heart less of love.
    So sad with the speeder hp nerf.

Veerasak2524 likes this.
  4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Finally. This is an balance change I can agree with. Well done.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Like:
    - The attempt to make Repair Bolt useful, it desperately needed a buff to become viable. And quite a buff this looks like!
    - Speeder (mk6+7) HP nerfs, been a long time coming!
    - Frost Launcher buff: Cool, maybe we'll see it more often now!
    - Explanations provided together with the changes, good communication approach! Thumbs up for a swift follow up to the last patch, pleasantly surprised.

Dislike:
    - Speeder (mk4+5) Hp nerfs, poor lowbie guys paying the price for the endgame banana dominance. Seems abit rough at the lower end?

In doubt:
    - With Repair Bolt going to 1p, I doubt Duct Tape buff with affect anything. But thats ok, need something to scrap for more green pieces.
    - Missile Launcher: Looks rough at first sight. CD nerf probably wont feel as harsh as it reads (-cooldown talents are applied to base, so in practice it will be less than 15%). I wonder if the added flighttime will give people a chance to react now, probably not, but hitting will be harder.

6. Nof

Nof New Member

+1
    Nerf HP : why not...
    But, give us the original OB !

7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Sniper cannon at 2 slots? That's the worst idea I've ever heard on here.
    Enforcer has few enough weapon choices as it is.
    Some great changes here team:)
    I agree with @Kitterini about the low level speeder hp nerf being a rough one, but everything else I'm totally on board with.

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Numbers on Bolt did not add up -- Just happy they decided to fix that early on, rather than leaving it as useless trash for ages!

But in theory you are absolutely right.

aKifer and Epekka like this.
  9. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Finally!an update which is fair enough for me to reuse fixer!
    Btw,my speeder is using missles.R.I.P my speeder mk5 :(

10. "har"Smash until the end

I'm gonna change to enforcer,feeling good of having more mk5 ships :p

11. YOGSO!!

YOGSO!! New Member

I am speaking from my view as a non Spender:Wow so first you nerf our overboost and now you nerf our HP? So now what are speeders famous for? You said it was a trade in for speed but I see that you already nerfed our speed too so what buff did speeder actually get?

SiRHoT, Xenon03, lolawola and 4 others like this.
  12. "har"Smash until the end

I think they shouldn't nerf the up for speeder mk4-5 instead they should buff the hp of speeder in mk6+7

13. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Where the hell is the Tesla Bolt nerf?? You screw my sniper and missiles up in two consecutive updates, but you still allow us to be stunned for 16 freaking seconds? Done spending money on this game. Except for VIP, not a dollar more.

14. jutaro_eliteLOL

jutaro_eliteLOL New Member

Of course it's a personal opinion, he'd like to see it he said, what the hell else would it be?

Epekka and Kitterini like this.
  15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Are speeders MK6 and MK7 overpowering? Yes. Are speeders MK1 - MK5 overpowering? No.. with overboost nerf and now this, in that 6 seconds that overboost doesn't have effect, speeders are going to be a very simple target at MK1-MK4.. just saying

16. "har"Smash until the end

Mk4 and mk5 speeders are going to be a joke now

Xenon03 and Kitterini like this.
  17. KenZer

KenZer Member

Decent update, should be good. Should be nice to some repair pulse action. :)

jeongmin seo likes this.
  18. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You agree with them not nerfing a 16 second stun bolt?

19. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I'm MK4 Speeder with only 1800hp

Overboost nerf
    Tesla Shield nerf
    HP nerf

We got punished for dominance of high level Speeders. We cant even equip Giant shield yet!

20. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

I wish someone would realize speeders are over powered because of tesla bolt... I'm mean wow. Do you not play your game. You think a little speed or a little hp is what's killing people....

NO! It's when they are doing circles around you while your stunned for 12 seconds. Waiting the stun out, pop a shot off in there while they dodge behind you and stun you again. You can be endlessly stunned. To top it off you can hide behind waves and stun people through waves too...

I thought I'd see a nurf to tesla bolt coming soon, but it must be one of the items the guy uses that's in charge of these nurfs because it should have been done a long time ago.

Speed plus ability to make ship completely useless for 12 seconds is over powered.

speeder without tesla bolt... Not overpowered. And with all these nurfs. Expesially to speed. Getting underpowered