1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balanced matchmaking ay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mamamyers, 15 Nov 2017.

1. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

The new match making is not so good

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Why so?

3. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

I lost 9-10 battles in row just after update. Then I am swinging between 1000-1200 infamy . I just upgraded to mk5 enforcer. I also think that the nerf which were for speeder (frost ) has affected enforcer . I stop using area freeze now . It's no good

4. TheAntiSnipe

It was for everyone. That combo went too OP. Also, matchmaking changes were for the newer players. You should actually be getting better match ups!

5. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

No I am not getting better matches . I don't know why but after update I never crossed 1258 infamy. This sucks . So is there any algorithm behind it. I have seen some players loosing infamy like me on other hand some are gaining way too much .

6. TheAntiSnipe

It's just that the balance of the game has completely shifted from gear to skill. I made Ace when I thought I'd just be able to scratch Master 1

7. Kean

Kean Member

There are 2 scenarios in the Bay areas now:

1. We now constantly encounter our "unfriended" ships have double hps than our ships (e.g. 1k v 2k+ and even 4k). I battleed together with 4 ships with less than 1k hps against a few 2k plus hps ships in at least 7 battles. You should know my results even I don't have to tell you....lol!

2. Some players have downgraded their ships (from mk 5 up down to mk 3) but equipped with brutal weapons (e.g. legendary or rare) to battle with ships only equipped with uncommon or the least they have one or 2 rare weapons.

I have a mk4 shooter equipped with some rare and one epic long range mortar. However, I was shot down by a few legendary weapons in one or two shots. To continue playing this games, I actually downgraded my ship to mk 3 and I did better than mk 4. This sucks right unless I have accumulated some serious weapons otherwise I won't upgrade my ship.

It is nothing to do with skills. It is all about the "weapons". These recent changes were to "force" or "encourage" us to purchase more "pearls", "gold", "parts" from Rovio.
    I even suspect some floaters in the games are created by the developers for the same reasons. For this reason, I don't actually care about the infamy anymore. I just battle to collect gold, pearl and parts till I can build up some serious weapons. I am sure that I can fight back up there.

Buzz... likes this.
  8. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

I guess weapons thing you told is correct. We need to upgrade weapons

9. Kean

Kean Member

Yes or No. The problem is when you battle against some ships with higher hps assuming we all have the same skill. This has happened in many occasion. I teamed with ships that had 1k+ hps agaisnt some 2k to 3k ships.

10. Kean

Kean Member

I probably missed out one important aspect - behaviors of the players.

1. Coward and selfish behaviors. Some players tend to hide behind instead of joining the battle. They didn't realize that this is a team game. When your team mates get shot down, your are Next to be shot down. So, playing "wait and see" or "wait till other ships have significant reduction in hps then I start my battle" will defeat the team. The best way is combat till the last second. Win or die together, this is the way to go.

2. Some fixers think they are frontline shooters. They forget that their main tasks are supporting and healing their team mates during the battle. I even encountered a few fixers were hiding somewhere (i.e. refers to point 1 behavior).

3. Some "new" speeders, they tend to running around showing their speed instead of helping the team. They usually get shot down fairly quickly.

4. Lone rangers. Some people just don't know how to battle as a team. They may think that they can shoot down the entire unfriended team because they have a few epic or better weapons. They end up defeat their own teams because they are not very skillful to use these weapons.

5. Some defenders also love hiding when they see speeders and enforcers. I don't know why....?

So, Battle Bay has exposed the ugly part or dark side of human beings.

11. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

Maybe my thinking is lame but once you upgrade your ship you shouldn’t be able to go back to you lower ship. IMO that could fix a lot of the BS that is going on. Thoughts???

12. TheAntiSnipe

Who tf said you can DOWNGRADE?

13. TheAntiSnipe

What infamy are you at?

14. Kean

Kean Member

From 900 plus, now down to 600 level. I just encountered another battle where my team members were all below 2K hps but we have all 3K+ hps opponents, including 1 4K+ hps and 1 6K+ hps. First time, I saw one 6K+ hps ship. How could we battle when the 6K+ ship equipped with legendary weapons. Are we talking about a local soccer club vs Barcelona or Real Madrid? Damn, we got 5-0 in less than 1 mins.:eek:

15. Kean

Kean Member

Many people are doing it after the updated new patch, just to maintain their infamy. Like it or not, this is the way to counter the shitfest matching issues. Downgrade means you have a mk5 shooter, now you play with your mk3 enforcer. Surely, you can't downgrade the one already upgraded.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

Now that is interesting. I'm sure the devs would fing that interesting as well(bans maybe?). Why don't you bring us a screenshot?

17. Kean

Kean Member

I will if I encounter similar battles again.

18. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

An
    Any or all of the behaviors you listed might be completely appropriate given the right circumstance.

1. I usually love charging in and being the first to engage in the battle. Sometimes it pays off, and I do a lot of damage. Sometimes it's foolish, and I'm the first to die. Either style (too brave or too cautious) can be the right choice and lead to victory, but it could just as easily lead to defeat. I usually find myself winning more when I slow down, see what the rest of my team is doing, and go with the flow. "Teamwork!" So... instead of calling cautious people cowardly or selfish, recognize that there are plenty of occasions where prudence and caution are appropriate or even favorable. In conclusion: it's situational.

2. Fixers have weapons too. There are times when the team is healthy, and it's the right choice for them to float up and add to the damage, especially if they can help finish someone off. Obviously most healers usually know their role, and if their team needs healing, they usually focus on that, as they realize it's probably their strongest contribution to the battle. Sometimes when they hide, it's because they know that Fixers usually get focused harder than any other type of ship, and for them to do their job (healing), they need to stay alive. They figure other players should also see the logic in not exposing themselves too brazenly... but they certainly can't stop you from charging to your own death... In conclusion: it's situational.

3. Speeders... yeah, they speed around. It's what they do... I'm going to guess you haven't played too much speeder. With only 2 weapons, Speeders spend a lot of time on cooldown, so all they have left is to be a zippy gnat, distracting and frustrating the unfriends. By drawing lots of fire, they give the rest of their team good opportunity to safely advance and unleash devastation on the other team. Sometimes it pays off, and they survive and look like gods. Other times they take an unlucky crit (or mine), and they look silly dying so fast. It's just how Speeder game-play goes... Don't blame them from trying to do the only job they can do though... In conclusion: by speeding around, they are helping the team. Learn to take advantage of the opportunities they open up for you by drawing attention away from you.

4. I am not one to believe that always sticking together is the right choice. In fact, after re-watching several recent losses, it seems that the other team's strategy was to fan out and come at us from all angles. As a team, we got caught together, couldn't figure out where to focus at the same time, attacks were coming in from all sides, and we lost horribly. Sometimes staying together is good. Sometimes it's the best way to lose. In conclusion: it's situational.

5. Defenders are slow. They know this. They know their biggest threat are speeders and enforcers because they are so easily outmaneuvered, and they can't dodge the Big Torpedoes heading their way after getting Frosted by those yellow boats... Defenders best chance of winning a skirmish with Speeders/Enforcers are to withdraw, and force the enemy yellows to come to them, on their turf. Then they have a little more control over when/how that battle will go, and hopefully their teammates will realize the situation and help. In conclusion: Defenders are usually wise to hide from yellows... but it's situational.

Looking at some of your other comments... HP isn't everything. Damage isn't everything. Speed isn't everything. One particular playstyle isn't everything. There are a million ways to contribute and be successful in this game. That variety is what makes this game so great! I feel you could learn and improve by thinking a bit more about alternative perspectives and ways to play. Watch some replays from other ships' points of view, and try to see what they might have been thinking...

Best of luck to you!

Buzz... and benguin8 like this.
  19. Kean

Kean Member

20. Kean

Kean Member

It 's all about human behaviors. Like you said being cautious is good but some are really coward. I can't really blame them in certain situations especially when the system match a ship with 750 hps against a group of big boys (i.e. 2K-3K ships).

HPSs are very important when you play with players that have similar skills. You are likely to get skilled by the one that has higher HPSs. Clearly, it is important because you get more HPSs when you upgrade your ships.

Nevertheless, I can see that selfish is the key issue in the battle. Frankly speaking, I don't mind to weaken or kill a few ships to help out my team mates even I get skilld later. This is the way to go if you wanna win. It is very rare that you get 5-0. The developers won't let that happens very often.