1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance between the most controversial items in the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 6 Aug 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'd be laughing my face off if it wasn't 4:00 AM.. wish I'd slept earlier. I think no sleep is better than 2 hours... less tired..

Seriously.. I want to sleep right now but I can't... I'm not tired yet... fucken crapsicles

Last edited: 8 Aug 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

So since when did that heal reduction started falling in neutral ? That's a very huge advantage.
    Btw I don't see anyone whining other than you tbh

Last edited: 8 Aug 2018
  3. SupremeCalamitas

Harpo is the one complaining About a pretty balanced item. From his comments the only problem with it is that too many people are using it, thus leading to damage stacks and complaining

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

It maybe a balanced item in your eyes since you're at 1400 infamy where players has a very little knowledge of running combos, aiming and all (yet you're claiming things so confidently and calling peoples noobs which is hilarious). But in our eyes, a one-slotted Red item doing decent damage, boosting few other weapon's dmg, reducing 30% healing and giving better battle rewards is a little too much. Although i dont have a problem with the flare gun alone, it's the combo which needs some balancing. I barely see people using a flare gun for it's dmg only.

You said fire only buff cannon dmg and it's only 4 weapons outta 13. But are you aware that cannons are the most used and reliable weapons in the game ? Also your cons are not much serious. 5 pros if counted the heal reduction talent, plus you're forgetting the better battle rewards you get through using fire weapons

What's Up Player and Nam_Nam like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

Fine, increase slots of flare gun to two. But I'm blaming you guys if I can't use me flare gun in MK5

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

No. Just rather nerf it. Flare double explosive is one of the only viable builds for the already dying defenders. Increasing slot points is going to cause a lot of players to quit because the item they used to use suddenly they can't use, and they don't have replacement for it, which will result in infamy drop because they will have to use some other low gearscore weapon.

Nam_Nam, Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

Increasing slots IS a nerf. Either thing will kill flare gun. Increasing slots will make it unsusable ( and I don't have any extra weapons), as will sginificantly lowering damage.

8. SeaNavy

Slot nerf will further nerf defender and speeders, which are already on the bottom of the food chain. I never said nerf would be to significantly lower damage, either. The real problem is the fire cannon combo, not the burn damage.

Nam_Nam, Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

Easy. Erase damage buff.
    Still kills flare

10. SeaNavy

That's not the only solution. This thread is full of people tried g to come up wtih different solutions. It's not "easy" to balance an op combo without killing it.

11. SupremeCalamitas

I mean, killing it seems to be the easiest option here.
    Just replace the burn talents with more blast/ex cannon damage, and fire perks with regular damage perks

12. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

If u don't think this is OP, then I don't know what will . :confused:o_O
    Screenshot_20180808-182406__01.jpg
    21.5 sec duration which deal 97 damage per sec, has a cool down of 9.3s ( duration is double of this cool down), Ur cannons get boosted for 21.5s, ( there is at least around 10 cannons that a team uses per game), reduces heal for 21.5s, Has a range of 25. What more you want it to do.? :rolleyes:

And if u say that fire only boosts cannon, which is only 4 out of 17. Then I have to remind u that every freaking ship uses at least 1 cannon. That makes the fire more dangerous. Because, if u light someone on fire, then every freaking players on your team can get that additional boost. That's OP to me. :rolleyes:

And this is just about flare . I don't even wanna start talking about fire bomb ( NOOBEST WEAPON EVER). SMH :'(

Please bring back the balance in the game. I don't know how. But please. :)

13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

That's around 2085 damage per shot. Each 9.3 seconds. That's like.. alright, that's A LOT for a 1-slot-point weapon.
    And then you start to think about all the bonus damage from cannons the person get... HOW CAN THAT NOT BE OP? Like seriously..

Mad_Bulls_007 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180627-191938__01.png
    I find this thing OP. It isn't even at full potential yet. Add those epic and legendary perks, it will be 3500+ every 10.2sec. That cooldown time is too low for a 2 slot heavy hitting weapon.