1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance between the most controversial items in the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 6 Aug 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Overused does not really means overpowered. Shooters are overused are they op? Explosive cannons are over used are they op?
    You're missing the point here, flare in itself is not a burst weapon and as being a red slot weapon it must do its damage shown. Lowering it per shot means instead of doing 1400 promised damage it will do 1000ish which is unfare.
    I can also demand sniper should not crit on me twice in a row. You already know what end game sniper crits are like. 4k hp gone in 2 shots without any combo.

2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Be thankful the damage enhancement doesn't stack like it used to. Devs screwed us when they nerfed the napalm/flare or napalm/fire bomb interaction.

Fire damage isn't as critical as burst damage. We'd see people load out with 3 flares and 2 fire bombs if it was as devastating as you make it out to be. I should be able to stack as much fire on you as possible, doesn't mean it's effective.

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I already talked to devs about it, make cannons independent of fire but give those players incentive who are ready to trade off something.
    Meaning increasing base damage of every cannon and reducing burn bonus it will counter double bubbles perfectly.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Tesla shield is OP. The problem is about dbl bubbles. We don't want to nerf single bubble users.
    The best solution is by adding a tesla shield frost effect (similar to the flag frost effect):
    • Tshield will expire if u use any overboost or nitro (i don't recommend this)
    Or
    • Tshield duration is reduced to 50% when u use any overboost or nitro (maybe)
    • Tshield duration is reduced to 50% if u was using another one in the past 5 seconds (i recommend this one)
    Tesla bolt shouldn't have a full effect on the target after breaking the Tshield: the target should be stunned for 4 seconds (or half tesla bolt duration).
    The problem isn't about the fire weapons. It's about cannons/fire combo.
    Solution: The extra dmg on fire will work only on the first 4 seconds.

Mr. Joseph and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Fire: pros and cons, for noobs ( harpo)

Pros!
    Boost cannon damage
    Reduce healing ( albeit at high level training, just make that neutral)
    Great damage
    Good projectile speed, OK range ( flare)
    Yolo radius and nice range ( fire bomb)

cons! :(

Damage is in ticks, so if you try to finish someone with fire a bandage or fixer can heal back up before death.
    Requires a nice amount of training to be viable
    Clashes with shield training ( firebomb)
    Doesn't reach very far ( flare)

Pros: 4
    Neutrals: 1
    Cons: 4

As you can see, fire is pretty balanced. So stop whining, harpo.. just git gud

6. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Yes on tesla shield cd. Absolutely reasonable solution and common sense approach

Tesla bolt agree

Flare and fire bomb/ no
    Each hit is an individual shot and should be able to stack with each hit. To say no would be like getting hit with a cannon but the next hits with a canon do no damage because they can't stack!

Napalm one slot! No way bro. My palm when complete will do over 300/tic every 10 seconds so you want that on a shooter with five palms? Sure ill spam build palm and roast the bay! Where you gonna hide then? Lol

Grenade and torp are fine as they are difficult skill weapons.

Frost should remove the one hit break but duration of frost should never/ever exceed 5 seconds and cant be refrosted for 10 seconds minimun.

Turkett

Nam_Nam likes this.
  7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Sorry, but some of your arguments are completely invalid.
    1. You're right about that, but nobody uses fire to finish enemies off
    2. Every item in the game does.
    3. Agree with that (used to use firebomb myself)
    4. Nothing does except for sniper and mortars.
    And most importantly, heal reduction isn't neutral, it's the second best thing about flare (after boosting cannons)..

Zeus said himself in the livestream that fire domination needs to be weakened up, being the only usable combo nowadays.
    Metas need to change, so players won't get bored of the game.

8. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah weaken fire but buff the already super broken double condom fat bananas. Yeah that is logic for ya! Smh

Turkett

9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but where did I mention buffing double bubbles??

Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Doesn’t fire make cannons hot harder? So yes it’s a damage enhancement item. Item, weapon, same thing. Just a subtitle. And yes you need torpedoes splashing you as much as I need fire hitting me. Not as often. Sniper crit has a thread already made a thread on it. The close you are, the less chance you have to be critted. Crit chance improves with range.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Alright yes I can respect that. But yes shooters are pretty powerful. And so is ex cannon. Just as much as blast. What about this. Flare starts at 11 seconds. Damage is buffed. And when hit by a cannon, the duration increases by 2 seconds.

12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

It’s very affective. It’s a quick 10 coins in team death match. It helps your team target someone. It allows people to die faster. Satanas? Reborn....X? Douch Man? I’m not saying they’re the only ones, but they are good examples. Heck even I did and I did more damage than the mk7’s on my team.

13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It enhances weapon damage, but that's not meant to be it's main purpose even though many people use it for that. It's still a damage dealing weapon. It's like using a chair as a hammer and saying it's a tool.
    And I wasn't complaining about torpedoes and snipers, I was just saying how there are many things that are supposed to happen that isn't needed.

14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Double Condom Fat Bananas!? Hahahahaha. I’m actually laughing out loud. I’m using that as a title for a video someday.

Ummm, what makes me a noob!? I’m one of the few speeders in my league that still use a big torp, try that skill on your stupid boat. Also, fire blocks healing, that’s super overpowered, it already does damage. Fire bomb? HAH! Everyone hates that weapon! Worse AOE besides missiles which can hit me directly and I’ll take 300 dmg. Plus this isn’t complaining. This is called fixing and critiquing. That’s why I posted it in the suggestions and ideas forum. You’re the guys who’s the problem here. Im speaking on behalf of the whole of people that are fed up with fire too. Why don’t you give your opinion and side with the community who want a more fun of a game. Instead of joining with the band of people who have shot done all of my creative threads, nerf threads, and buff threads. I’m not gonna fight fire with fire, im HARPO your ship butt up because it takes little skill to stick a flare shot. And no I don’t think the devs do see this stuff much because they are always saying that they try their best but they’re too busy. And you said it your self, boost cannon dmg. Which makes it a dmg enhance item. It wasn’t meant to deal loads of damage. #BringFrostBack.
    @Terry Morgan, ok I agree with not making nape a 1 slotter.

15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Bro, you literally just contradicted yourself right there. Why do speeders run flare blast. Why do enforcers run flare double blast? CAUSE OF THE DAMAGE ENHANCEMENT FROM FLARE! How can you guys deny this?
    WTF? Umm. Don’t you mean using a hammer and saying it’s a chair? Cause that doesn’t make sense either way.
    By the way I made a thread about snipers. Go read it. And what’s your opinion on torps?

Reorge and What's Up Player like this.
  16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

How about I rename this thread called reworking the game. Where we all talk about the things in the game that need to change. I can share my ideas on the sniper cannon. And keep editing the first post of the thread like a constitution until we got the final draft to submit to the devs.

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's still a weapon. And a weapons main purpose is damage. The flare cannon combo was added to introduce new combos, but then it became op.
    Fine, a pencil as a hammer. Either way, that's not the point. My point was that you can use things for different purposes, but it will still be what it always was. Idk how to word this lol.
    I literally just said I wasn't complaining about snipers and torps.

18. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

ok, then my suggestions:
    make defender able to fullfil it's name, double bubble enfos are more defending than defender
    that could be done by increasing hp, making is smaller or faster, or add something special to it (% reduction of incomming damage etc.)
    now it has most blue slots, yet it's only kinda effective with 3 of the 6 items (turbo+small and big shields), so there is huge need of item duplicates to get maximum out of defender

adjust MM somehow, you know, meeting t4 or even t5 epics and also mk6 at 1.3k infamy is just not normall and should not happen

rework gear lube and rudder to make them really usefull, so more people will use them instead of shields, rudder is used by few speeders and gear lube is used by few defenders, not like turbo and shields which are used by almost all players

rework tri torp and standard mortar, because they're useless right now, tritorp's ability to deal damage is highly reduced by spread, standard mortar is, just "standard", nothing special about it so there is no real point in using it, you go for big berta when you want damage, LRM for range and ballpark for radius

What's Up Player likes this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    You still don't understand, do you?
    Fire only buffs CANNON damage. That's only 4 weapons in the entire game ( albeit out of 13). So it doesn't buff torps ( I'd like to see you complain about that, lemme visit a different timeline.. I'll do it after dinner), mortars, railguns, or anything else. So damage boost is limited.
    You're a goddamn SPEEDER. You should be able to dodge shots easily. Is there some glitch where YOUR specific boat can't dodge fire bombs or flares? I dodge them VERY easily. Unless it's very well led, then kudos to the guy who hit me.
    Overpowered? First of all, it only blocks 30%. It could have been 50 like frost or even 100 like tesla bolt, so be thankful it's only a measly 30%.
    Oh, and my opinion? You want my opinion? Fire is perfectly balanced as is.

While I do agree with lowering the fighting ability of DOUBLE BUBBLE ( singles don't deserve it), I don't agree with fire. Nor Tesla bolt. Tesla bolt has already been nerfed, having its cooldown increased to 20 seconds. Plus, like frost, it fucks off in one hit.

I'm tired of having to give people a piece of my mind, but I will do it.

20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Lol.
    No no no, don’t worry bro it isn’t complaining, it’s called SUGGESTIONS.