1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Back after a long absence, looking for advice (Mk 4 Shooter).

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by David Bonaparte, 20 Nov 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I used to hang around here and snark at people before, many months ago. I ended up coming back to see that some things seem a bit different. My current understanding is that new players are not flocking to BattleBay in droves - as a result people grind and stay in place infamy-wise. I am generally out-leveled in everything pretty much every match, but I don't mind a challenge. I end up floating up and down mostly between 1100-1300 typically in a sea of Mk 4 and 5s with level 20, 30, and 40 rares and epics. A lot of people seem to have picked up Bandages and heal 30-70 health in-between skirmishes, while I obviously ignored mine before.

What I need help with is picking a more efficient loadout for a shooter in terms of both red and blue items since I am clearly behind the curve by a LOT. I experiment a lot with different loadouts of weapons, but they all feel pretty situational to me. I'm completely ok with learning to use "newer" items and level them up playing the long game, even my strongest weapons tend to be outdamaged in any actual trade. Frankly, I have no idea what items are considered "strong" anymore. My current modus operandi is to buy up as many useful perks as I can fit and blue/red item pieces, to allow me to uncover more duplicates. I'm also looking at buying some parts so I can upgrade my items.... I scrapped my yellow/green parts so I could focus on Shooters and Defenders before.

Screenshot_2017-11-19-20-17-45.jpg

The most common items I end up using are Big Torpedo (big on the hit or miss), Sniper, Cannon, Explosive Cannon, and Big Bertha, but thats mostly because they seemed stronger. I heard somewhere that Firebomb is better than Bertha all else equal.

The items I can upgrades based on duplicates:
    Turbo (I have another 4 rares)
    Missile Launchers (I have 2 copies, 1 is visible)
    Rail gun: 1 duplicate rare
    Standard Mortar: (1 epic duplicate)
    Grenade Launcher: (1 rare duplicate)
    Rare Standard Shield: (2 rare duplicates)

So in other words, those are the useful items I have now (nobody seems to use epic Gear Lube), and I don't know what to use/focus on, what items I should fish for duplicates of. Like I said earlier, I'm open to playing the long game so long as I'm not upgrading trash tier items. It looks to me like most people upgraded their items instead of trying to find more item pieces and now want duplicates, so I am optimistic that i might have more freedom in this regard.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

First of all, get yourself a mk5. The 1300s are not safe for a mk4 shooter. Then:
    Choose your role well. Are you a sniper, a brawler, or are you artillery?
    Snipers need one-two area control(napalm/mine/both) weapons, paired with one-two sniper cannons and a railgun is a nice touch. I didnt play any other setup...

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  3. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I will get those asap, thx :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Here is my current load out. I will on occasion switch things out but this load out seems to give me best results. Anyone got ideas for how I can improve?

Attached Files:

5. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

all i can say is that as a shooter shoots 5 weapons, there is no point in standard cannon as u will just waste the cooldown. However if u are comfortable with it, keep one standard cannon and swap out the other one

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

7. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Thank you for the advice.

vis1234567899 likes this.